AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-05-22, 12:04   Link #1781
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

In Hirano Aya's blog today, she mentions going to the wrap-up party for the anime, and posts a picture of the great present they all received: a cloth (hand-towel?) with a design by the mangaka showing all the characters and with the banner heading "I love Team Ani-Todo." (Click to enlarge.)

Aya played Kurumi. Check my blog for another post about Hirano and the mangaka. The mangaka gave Hirano a drawing with an inscription saying that her Kurumi made the Kurumi part of the anime "a hundred times better than the manga."

That might be the only part that was, for me. I felt that the anime did not do the manga justice, faithful as it may have been. But what else is new? I felt the anime was too slow, and Noto Mamiko too exaggerated. But I'm glad others didn't.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2010-05-23 at 00:29.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-23, 10:56   Link #1782
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

My only regret is that its second half was not as excellent as its first half. But I've been really affected with his show - I really felt for Sawako.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-23, 11:38   Link #1783
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
In Hirano Aya's blog today, she mentions going to the wrap-up party for the anime, and posts a picture of the great present they all received: a cloth (hand-towel?) with a design by the mangaka showing all the characters and with the banner heading "I love Team Ani-Todo." (Click to enlarge.)

Aya played Kurumi. Check my blog for another post about Hirano and the mangaka. The mangaka gave Hirano a drawing with an inscription saying that her Kurumi made the Kurumi part of the anime "a hundred times better than the manga."

That might be the only part that was, for me. I felt that the anime did not do the manga justice, faithful as it may have been. But what else is new? I felt the anime was too slow, and Noto Mamiko too exaggerated. But I'm glad others didn't.
Even more proof that the Kurumi arc was the best one.
Old 2010-05-23, 13:01   Link #1784
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

^That's damn right. I enjoyed the Ryu/Chizu arc a lot too. I still wish we had an Ayane arc... she was by far my favourite character in this anime with Kurumi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I thought I was the only one bothered with her performance on the show. I'm not exactly sure what it was that bothered me so much, she just seemed to try way too hard to sound cute/soft, even though she didn't really need to. I think exaggerated is the right word, but to be honest, I think Sawako herself was exaggerated, and not very believable. I think that's why I liked characters like Kurumi and Ayane over her, though I can understand why people would like Sawako better.

On the other hand, I enjoyed Aya's performance a lot, despite not being such a big fan of hers usually. She was just perfect, it's no wonder the mangaka praised her so much.
Old 2010-05-23, 13:29   Link #1785
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

A lot of we manga readers did say that Hirana Aya's performance was the best one to be had in the show, so i'm glad even the mangaka was able to acknowledge that.
Old 2010-05-23, 16:40   Link #1786
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
A lot of we manga readers did say that Hirana Aya's performance was the best one to be had in the show, so i'm glad even the mangaka was able to acknowledge that.
It really was a great casting. Hirano Aya can be the sweetest of sweethearts or the most dastardly girl in school and Kurumi was just that.
Old 2010-05-31, 21:34   Link #1787
darktruth

Picked up volume 6 DVD first press edition today.

Spoiler for KimiTodo volume 6 DVD goodies:
darktruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-31, 22:34   Link #1788
KyuubiRocks
What?!

I loved this series.. so refreshing I enjoyed all the characters in this..
The voice acting was soo well matched it was great..
Old 2010-06-29, 01:47   Link #1789
darktruth

Received volume 7 first press edition DVD today, only have one more volume to be delivered before I've completed this series. Need to find a way to use those application tickets to get the special artbox for the DVDs once I receive volume 8. Oh, each application tickets have a chibi pic of different characters on the top right hand corner as well , gonna take a pic of them all together as soon as I get the last volume.

Spoiler for KimiTodo volume 7 DVD goodies:
Old 2010-07-16, 17:57   Link #1790
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

For those who are interested, we have a new trailer for the live action film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWisy...layer_embedded

Apart from the fact that they're a bit over playing the Sawako role, i actually think it looks pretty decent. Crazy how it looks like they plan to cover all the manga material upto the Christmas part though.
Old 2010-07-17, 23:37   Link #1791
attobyte

A wonderful surprise.
At first I thought this one would be a mix of Yamato Nadeshico Shichi Henge and Special A.
Certainly, I saw some similarities but the meat of this series shines on its own.
Unfortunately this seems to be a promotional anime. Meaning, a second season may not show up easily.
attobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 22:20   Link #1792
darktruth

Finally got the last volume for series and also completes my R2 DVD set for it.

Spoiler for KimiTodo dvd volume 8 (final) goodies:

Now for pics of all the DVDs together as well as all the first press extras it came with. I also took pictures of the application tickets each volume came with as it hand cute chibi drawings of the main cast on the top right hand corner. I'm thinking of scanning the tickets in high resolution to keep pictures of those chibi drawings since you have to cut them out and mail them in together to get the artbox. Probably should do that before I send off those application tickets (since it's only valid for people with a Japanese address, I got someone in Japan willing to help me obtain it with no commissions/fees).

Spoiler for KimiTodo R2 DVD set:
Old 2010-07-27, 03:35   Link #1793
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Very adorable last volume cover, i must say.

it's really cute how most of the DVD volumes matcch up to the manga covers, though it's such a shame they never reached the 10th manga cover. Most adorable front image i've ever had the pleasure of witnessing.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2010-07-27 at 16:56.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-27, 14:04   Link #1794
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

So how did all of the volumes sell anyway? Good enough for a chance at a second season?
Old 2010-07-28, 04:57   Link #1795
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

I really liked this series it made me feel all warm and tingly inside I really hope it sold well for another season although they might not have enough to have another 25 episode run unless they include recaps and filler episodes seeing as how the first 25 episodes went up to the end of volume 7 and the manga is currently on volume 11 in Japan I think.

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-29, 08:55   Link #1796
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roloko vi Britannia View Post
I really liked this series it made me feel all warm and tingly inside I really hope it sold well for another season although they might not have enough to have another 25 episode run unless they include recaps and filler episodes seeing as how the first 25 episodes went up to the end of volume 7 and the manga is currently on volume 11 in Japan I think.
Yeah there isn't really enough material yet for another 25 episodes. They could easily do a 12/13 episode series, though i really don't see the point in that. Best approach would be waiting for the manga to end, and then do another series.

I think the manga could be approaching the end after the next arc which has just started, though then again there's plenty of life to have it going on for a bit longer.
Old 2010-07-29, 12:01   Link #1797
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
For those who are interested, we have a new trailer for the live action film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWisy...layer_embedded

Apart from the fact that they're a bit over playing the Sawako role, i actually think it looks pretty decent. Crazy how it looks like they plan to cover all the manga material upto the Christmas part though.
Sometimes live-action treatments just die badly even just in the trailer, but this looks to be fairly decently executed.
Old 2010-07-30, 08:01   Link #1798
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
I just got around to watching this anime.

I had episodes 1-12 sitting on my HDD because I watched the first episode and got all the other episodes available at the time; I somehow came to the conclusion it was on twelve episodes long and when I got the end of the twelfth episode...

I guess I'll have to wait for my internet to reset next month before I can see the conclusion to the series.

I guess I'm just a sucker for a love story and am easily moved by emotions...

<3 Yoshida.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 21:58   Link #1799
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Good news guys it looks like more Kimi ni Todoke is being storyboarded so that means maybe the second season will be announced soon??

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...g-storyboarded

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 03:15   Link #1800
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The format or medium wasn't announced, so it could just be an OVA. Here's hoping it is a second season though.

Tags
production i.g, romance, shoujo