AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

Old 2012-08-31, 02:55   Link #181
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarqu View Post
Ugh. These days I just don't expect Hanazawa Kana to do a "serious" character. I expect her to do something like Mayushi again.
...Have you seen Guilty Crown or Aquarion Evol?
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 02:56   Link #182
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Ugh. These days I just don't expect Hanazawa Kana to do a "serious" character. I expect her to do something like Mayushi again.

I'd love to be proven wrong, though.
She's a rookie, so she'll probably be clumsy and apologize a lot for being "new" and so on. And then she'll hit her head on the door while leaving the room. But the situation will get more serious and she'll realize that if she doesn't buck up lives could be in danger. But she'll trip over herself anyway. The main character will be there to catch her and they'll look into each other's eyes. Zoom in. Sparky eyes.

Lol.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 03:08   Link #183
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:

I'd love to be proven wrong, though.
She had that genkki period going last year (Mayushi,Nissa,Shiro....) but lately they've been giving her more "tough girl" roles like Ayase in Guilty Crown, Zessica in aquarion Evol,Chiaki in Moretsu pirates or Sakura in Binbogami Ga

I expect this role to be similar to those.
Old 2012-08-31, 03:25   Link #184
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
She's a rookie, so she'll probably be clumsy and apologize a lot for being "new" and so on. And then she'll hit her head on the door while leaving the room. But the situation will get more serious and she'll realize that if she doesn't buck up lives could be in danger. But she'll trip over herself anyway. The main character will be there to catch her and they'll look into each other's eyes. Zoom in. Sparky eyes.
Yeah. I had something like that in mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
...Have you seen Guilty Crown or Aquarion Evol?
Watched first few episodes of Guilty Crown. Wasn't really my thing (I dislike the fusion of sci-fi + super powers). Haven't seen Aquarion.

I should define my terms. To me "serious sci-fi" is Ghost in the Shell. Something like Steins;Gate doesn't even come close.

That's my reasoning for being skeptical of whatever projects involving Hanazawa Kana (or whatever gets labeled "sci-fi/cyberpunk") these days.

Last somewhat "mature" role by her that I liked was Suou Pavlichenko in DtB S2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
She had that genkki period going last year (Mayushi,Nissa,Shiro....) but lately they've been giving her more "tough girl" roles like Ayase in Guilty Crown, Zessica in aquarion Evol,Chiaki in Moretsu pirates or Sakura in Binbogami Ga.
Well that's interesting! I might sample those series in the mean time...
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 03:46   Link #185
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
Well that's interesting! I might sample those series in the mean time...
Just a bit of a warning,I pointed out those as roles very different Mayushi but in no way are the animes themselves anything to do with serious sci fi

There just hasn't been that much "serious" sci fi in the past fiew years so it's not like there were a lot of roles for grabs,I'd say her latest "serious" anime appearance would be Zetman,though that's superpowers.

But your real bet on this actually being "serious" no matter who is in the cast is writer Urobuchi,the guy doesn't do lighthearted stuff.
Old 2012-08-31, 08:46   Link #186
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
I should define my terms. To me "serious sci-fi" is Ghost in the Shell. Something like Steins;Gate doesn't even come close.
Well Moretsu Pirates wasn't "serious" like GiTS, but her role of Chiaki was and she handled it perfectly.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 01:03   Link #187
suntaclaus

According to Robotics;Notes PV02, noitaminA's Autumn animes will be aired from October 11.
Time for Psycho-Pass is from 24:45 until 25:15.
suntaclaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 05:08   Link #188
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Quote:

Lol.
And then she dies next episodes. That's Gen for you
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 01:46   Link #189
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

^

Not without some good ol fashion Gen character torturing.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 02:13   Link #190
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Gen Urobuchi's involvement is confirmed: https://twitter.com/the4_ch/status/241908494649925633

The next issue of Otona Animedia (due for release on 10/5) will have an interview with the director and Gen Butch on Psycho-Pass.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 07:40   Link #191
blue_sora

Quote:
Gen Urobuchi's involvement is confirmed: https://twitter.com/the4_ch/status/241908494649925633

The next issue of Otona Animedia (due for release on 10/5) will have an interview with the director and Gen Butch on Psycho-Pass.
Now I'm officially excited for this. Can't wait for the anime to air.
blue_sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 07:47   Link #192
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:

I'm so surprised that Urobutch will be involved in Psycho-Pass. I'm so happy now !
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 08:00   Link #193
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

officially expect someone dies in 3rd episode
Old 2012-09-02, 08:30   Link #194
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Urubochi Gen!!! expect heavy Character-Driven Story but with weak plot like Fate/Zero
i prefer Plot-Driven Story since it has lot of action but whats unique about Urobuchi Gen is that he showcases the characters thoughts (character-driven) plus adding enough action scenes like mostly seen on a heavy plot-driven story
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 08:34   Link #195
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Crossing my fingers, hoping this will be seriously awesome. With Gen on-board. It has to. Otherwise, tears will be shed.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 08:43   Link #196
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
^

Not without some good ol fashion Gen character torturing.
We need a Urobuchi checklist that includes, Best Friend gets friendzoned, rape, cannibalism, netorare, character gets a hope spot that gets crushed. And that's some of what I remember from F/0, Madoka and Saya.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 08:45   Link #197
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
We need a Urobuchi checklist that includes, Best Friend gets friendzoned, rape, cannibalism, netorare, character gets a hope spot that gets crushed. And that's some of what I remember from F/0, Madoka and Saya.
Someone will have to make a drinking game for this anime.
Old 2012-09-02, 09:04   Link #198
Utsuro no Hako

"If the worst thing anyone predicted about the story turns out to've been wildly optimistic, chug a bottle of Jim Beam."
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 12:57   Link #199
desrtsku
Nympholept

So Urobuchi is confirmed to be involved, huh, I'm already thinking about the ending ... yes, the ending. I wonder if he'll pull a Requiem for the phantom-like ending on us again, or keep up with the bittersweet ones ...
Old 2012-09-02, 13:28   Link #200
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
So Urobuchi is confirmed to be involved, huh, I'm already thinking about the ending ... yes, the ending. I wonder if he'll pull a Requiem for the phantom-like ending on us again, or keep up with the bittersweet ones ...
I think the very end of requiem for the phantom was anime original so not sure Urobuchi was the one behind it,though wouldn't be surprised if he approves of it

Tags
action, psychological, science fiction, thriller