Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-07-17, 11:26   Link #641
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
With Hashimoto as the CEO, the game is more likely to be profitable than good. I don't think Square is capable of delivering on 7+ years of hype unless the fanbase has lowered their expectations considerable or will jump on any game that doesn't have Lightning in it. I believe the latter to be the main reason most likely.
Now the million dollar question is "If FFXV goes above their intended profit expectations and the supposed sequels follow that route, will Square keep the same concepts found in FFXV for their future games."
Shinji Hashimoto is a producer not SE's president which would be Yosuke Matsuda. I doubt he'll have hand in the development at all since it's not something that normally happen to due SE producer and director centric culture. And if the heads of SE were more concerned about profit over the game they never would have allowed Nomura to move FFXV to the PS4, a system that well have a much smaller install than the PS3 by the time the game releases.

Quote:
I know that they said that they would try alternate battle systems in the future, but iff they find out that ARPG games allow for high profits to be made, what's to say that they won't stick with it? After all, money speaks louder than words.
Speaking mostly from a business perspective I think and the notion that action oriented and open world games are the big thing for this generation.
FFXI made SE more money than any single player FF yet none of the games after it \ aren't MMOs save for one. So it's pretty unlikely for that to happen atleast for this reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I think the only reason FFXV is real time action is because it was originally Versus XIII, a spinoff title.

There is no doubt Square already knows a real time action RPG works well because they already succeeded with the Kingdom Hearts franchise. It's just that they normally wanted to stick with tradition.

Had XV been created from the ground up, it may be completely different from what it is now.
To be fair the ATB is essentially a quasi-realtime system. The FF series were more or less already halfway to being ARPG. Even Versus hasn't throw away the command menu despite the game being fully realtime.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 12:51   Link #642
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Shinji Hashimoto is a producer not SE's president which would be Yosuke Matsuda. I doubt he'll have hand in the development at all since it's not something that normally happen to due SE producer and director centric culture. And if the heads of SE were more concerned about profit over the game they never would have allowed Nomura to move FFXV to the PS4, a system that well have a much smaller install than the PS3 by the time the game releases.

FFXI made SE more money than any single player FF yet none of the games after it \ aren't MMOs save for one. So it's pretty unlikely for that to happen atleast for this reason.
Good to know, I need to do more research next time. I'm thinking that moving to ps4 and the name change is based on a long term profit plan. Using a different system(s) which don't have ff13 in their list helps to sell more I think. They won't get immediate profit that they would have gotten with a bigger install base, but I believe that they can gain a continous profit from the new systems especially if they develop new games afterwards for the ps4/xbox one.

Matsuoda, the CEO i was previously uniformed about, is a variable who might not follow previous Square methods. So while your reasoning about FF11 is true, the new management might not follow suit in that line of reasoning which is why I believe that I implied that it was a possibility.
Thankfully, Ito is another variable that discourages what I said about the possibility of them implementing action rpg elements in future FF games.
Old 2013-07-17, 17:26   Link #643
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Yet they decided to make FFXIV more of a western mmo clone It's all fast spamming action now.
Sassarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 18:17   Link #644
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
Yet they decided to make FFXIV more of a western mmo clone It's all fast spamming action now.
Really? It is? I'm in beta, doesn't seem fast spammy action to me, it's nothing like WoW.
Old 2013-07-17, 18:47   Link #645
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Really? It is? I'm in beta, doesn't seem fast spammy action to me, it's nothing like WoW.
Dunno never really played WoW just some Rift and Swtor. FFXIV plays closer to those than ffxi or ffxiv original beta. It's not really a bad thing to have faster pace combat I love DCUO's battle system. It's just that it feels bland to me currently. Hopefully it changes later on as the game progress.
Sassarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 17:26   Link #646
Iron Maw
Banned

New interview:
http://www.novacrystallis.com/2013/0...d-game-itself/

Quote:
On the subject of Final Fantasy XV, the soundtrack will be composed by Yoko Shimomura – the same composer who also works on the Kingdom Hearts series. Although she will be helming the score for both of Square Enix’s next generation games, Nomura assured that he is guiding her on different directions for each title. “In the case of KH, I usually ask Shimomura to create music scene by scene, so that different scenes have different kinds of themes or requests. But for FFXV, I gave her the overall image of everything from the beginning already, as well as some examples of what types of music to use.”

The project originally known as Final Fantasy Versus XIII has been in development for the better part of seven years – a project with a lofty goal of recreating the feeling of old school FF games despite its unique name. Now with the direction change to that of a mainline title, one has to wonder if Nomura’s vision had changed. Nomura admitted, “Yes, I probably mentioned the old school Final Fantasy feeling [when talking about] FFXV. If you see the trailer you might actually think it’s very action based – especially compared to the previous FFs. We wanted to create like an action-based FF this time because we wanted to create a dynamic feeling between the story and the game itself. Of course, we are going to put many FF elements into it, because otherwise there is no point calling Final Fantasy XV. Naturally, we still think we should have some old school FF feeling to the game.”

On that same subject, Nomura had promised over two years ago that the real-time cutscenes in Versus XIII would all be playable. Much like other untouched elements, it seems this one will be making its way into FFXV. “Yeah, I would like to achieve that as much as I can,” said Nomura. “Our goal is to ensure that the player never actually stops playing. This is the reason behind it and it will be great if we can achieve that.” Naturally, the power of the new consoles will help make this a reality.

Following the announcement of Final Fantasy XV, Nomura has revealed that he would be assisted by Crisis Core: FFVII and Final Fantasy Type-0 director Hajime Tabata – in which he seems to have placed a lot of confidence. “He’s been doing a great job already,” explained Nomura. “Meeting with the team on a daily basis to discuss development and everything – he is extremely passionate about this project.” Nomura did not elaborate fully on Tabata’s involvement, but Tabata himself will have the chance to express himself fully in interviews with both the Japanese and Western press.
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfury View Post
Good to know, I need to do more research next time. I'm thinking that moving to ps4 and the name change is based on a long term profit plan. Using a different system(s) which don't have ff13 in their list helps to sell more I think. They won't get immediate profit that they would have gotten with a bigger install base, but I believe that they can gain a continous profit from the new systems especially if they develop new games afterwards for the ps4/xbox one.

Matsuoda, the CEO i was previously uniformed about, is a variable who might not follow previous Square methods. So while your reasoning about FF11 is true, the new management might not follow suit in that line of reasoning which is why I believe that I implied that it was a possibility.
Thankfully, Ito is another variable that discourages what I said about the possibility of them implementing action rpg elements in future FF games.
Actually I also share your concerns about the possibility of SE becoming more profit minded mainly due to Matsuoda's previous position as finance officer at SE. However like I said earlier, that approach is unlikely to manifested in game development for big titles. Rather what we might see is more increases in iOs releases over more traditional mid-tier games that used to be more prominent at SE (i.e Mana games, Drakengard, Brave Fencer Mususahi, SaGa games etc) because of the unreliability of their sale's potentials (and raising development costs for those type games) instead of a more balanced way. This is why I think how well FFXIV 2.0 does will ultimately effect the direction of company. Back during the PS2 era SE was able to produce a lot more titles on consoles thanks in part to how successful FFXI was for them. With constant revenue generated by that game it allowed SE to be more risky on consoles, because the impact of those games not selling well (which they often did) was blunted financially. That said, this is just speculation not to mention rather off-topic at the moment.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2013-07-26 at 17:50.
Old 2013-09-19, 02:08   Link #647
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Final Fantasy XV Gets A “New” Trailer At Tokyo Game Show

Stream capture, so it's bad quality.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 16:01   Link #648
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Tetsuya Nomura discusses Final Fantasy XV in PlayStation 4 ‘Conversations With Creators’ video

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-17, 02:27   Link #649
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

So it appears there will be a demo of the game available next year, but the stipulation is that you need to purchase a copy of Type-0 to get a download code for it. Meh.

At least this is a sign it's getting close to release.~
Old 2014-09-17, 06:46   Link #650
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

New trailer tonight then!
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-17, 20:08   Link #651
Galaxian

New trailer...

Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-17, 20:28   Link #652
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Screw travelling on Chocobos, that car is fuckin' niiiiice.~

Nice little shot at it's long development cycle at the end there too.
Old 2014-09-17, 20:54   Link #653
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

So Hajime Tabata is taking over so Nomura can focus on Kingdom Hearts 3
Old 2014-09-17, 21:51   Link #654
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It's a damn nice trailer that's for sure .

Of course been waiting on this game for an insanely long time so...here's hoping it manages to cross the finish line alright.
Old 2014-09-17, 22:00   Link #655
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Hoping the car is able to be steered towards directions of left and right.
Old 2014-09-17, 22:36   Link #656
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Tabata will finish the game as Nomura heads to ramp up production on KH3, sounds good.

We'll have XV in late 2015!
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-17, 22:45   Link #657
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Tabata will finish the game as Nomura heads to ramp up production on KH3, sounds good.

We'll have XV in late 2015!
That's good news.

On a side note we have upgraded from Chocobos to actual cars.
Old 2014-09-18, 02:35   Link #658
Vajra
So Like A Rose

Meh too late I lost interest in this during 2010-2011 hype train
Vajra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-18, 02:40   Link #659
Random14

Nice trailer, though not that new (driving in a car looks nice though). Hopefully the fact that they'll package a demo in with Type-0 HD will mean the game might finally launch in 2015... and then 2016 outside Japan. Will have probably been a full 10 years by then.

Hm, wonder who the Luna they're referring to is. Either the blond girl's name changed or they're just talking about someone else.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-18, 02:41   Link #660
Iron Maw
Banned

Still looks great. At least the concepts are very much in tact. BTW some people over at GAF have spot some classic monsters roaming around.