AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

Old 2015-01-05, 16:20   Link #241
ukulelembo
Detective

Spoiler for Lots of new CG images:
ukulelembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-05, 20:50   Link #242
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Otonashi you sly guy.

EDIT: That being said, I'm not all that psyched about otonashi's romantic involvement with the female cast.

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact

Last edited by Arturia Polaris; 2015-01-05 at 22:42.
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-06, 00:08   Link #243
GDB

Especially members of GirlsDeMo. Discounting Yui, they all came off as lesbians to me, with Iwasawa x Hisako being a pair (manga made this seem like a real thing) and Sekine x Irie being a pair since they always seemed clingy together.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-14, 17:52   Link #244
tsunade666

hmmm I will just take it as the VN different from the anime and manga so I won't have much gripe on what's happening.
Old 2015-01-16, 17:37   Link #245
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Some might disagree with me for sure, but I'm definitely looking more forward to the character developement of the SSS members much, much more than any additional details to the world-building we've seen from the anime. I'm actually hoping they touch little to nothing about even more specifics about the setting they reside in, especially when this unknown world being so mysterious and lacking certain details aside from their minimal discoveries, was what made it very appealing for me. A bit more exploration and back story on Angel Player would be nice along with maybe a few more revelations on how the 'Afterlife' functions, but aside from that I hope they keep they keep the 'Afterlife Academy' about as vague as it was in the anime and obviously use it to bring about some enjoyable stories on the character's self-reflections on their former lives and coming to terms with them (though I'm curious on how that'll be handled without making the game as a whole repetitive).
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-19, 04:40   Link #246
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
From what I read from interviews, it doesn't seem like there will be romance in every character story. I guess we'll see tough.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-19, 13:12   Link #247
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Well, I hope we at least get romance in Yuri's rute, and Kanade is a given.
Old 2015-01-19, 13:30   Link #248
Frontier

It also seems like you have a choice of inserting Otonashi into the scenes between Hinata and Yui, possibly making Otonashi Yui's love interest in her route...if you so choose .

But yeah, Kanade's route is obviously going to be romantic, likely Yuri's as well, and judging by those CG's it looks like Iwasawa's is as well.
Old 2015-01-19, 15:30   Link #249
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
From what I read from interviews, it doesn't seem like there will be romance in every character story. I guess we'll see tough.
With the audience they're likely going to appeal to, I doubt there'll be BL routes with the SSS guys, so they'll likely go Bro route with them I imagine. But yeah, we'll see to be sure. (I wonder about Naoi route though...)

I'd be so down for a Yurippe route even with no romance at all as long as it really gives a more fitting conclusion to her character than the anime did.
Old 2015-01-22, 09:31   Link #250
Vourgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Student no.0 View Post
With the audience they're likely going to appeal to, I doubt there'll be BL routes with the SSS guys, so they'll likely go Bro route with them I imagine. But yeah, we'll see to be sure. (I wonder about Naoi route though...)

I'd be so down for a Yurippe route even with no romance at all as long as it really gives a more fitting conclusion to her character than the anime did.
I could not agree more.

Last edited by Vourgh; 2015-01-22 at 09:33. Reason: I hate IPad.
Vourgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-27, 14:00   Link #251
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

I suppose we can count on each of the 'Beats' getting released bi-annually? Has anything been said in that regard yet?
Old 2015-02-06, 14:44   Link #252
Burden

I'm so glad Sakurai is retaining her role!
Burden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-12, 11:04   Link #253
GDB

-1st Beat- pre-orders just opened on Amiami. Expensive as hell, considering we know there's going to be six beats.

Also... not compatible with Windows XP. It's Vista/7/8 only.
Old 2015-02-12, 11:23   Link #254
hyl
reading #hikaributts

To be fair, the price seems to be close to the standard for Visual Novels that i occasionally buy
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-12, 11:51   Link #255
GDB

Yeah, but how many of them do you know are going to have 5 expansions/sequels that you'll have to buy to get the complete story?
Old 2015-02-16, 12:15   Link #256
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Yeah, but how many of them do you know are going to have 5 expansions/sequels that you'll have to buy to get the complete story?
If Sekai Project picks up Angel Beats (hopefully they do) I'm gonna have to stick with disc-only, since I doubt I have THIS much space to hold the complete Beats on my laptop through Steam.

The whole game series is going to cost roughly $410 bucks at MSRP in total if they keep them at consistent pricing each($330 at what AmiAmi is currently offering).

I seriously wonder how far the story and setting will go if they plan on expanding it throughout the six volumes. I really hope they don't bring up somthing like 'they're in a ghost town school', since I really enjoyed how vague the setting was in the anime.

EDIT: While honestly to be fair, I don't think I would've minded if they just kept a few character relevant routes (Kanade, Yurippe, etc.) and simply fleshed out the main story more too on just one disc.
Old 2015-02-17, 23:11   Link #257
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
-1st Beat- pre-orders just opened on Amiami. Expensive as hell, considering we know there's going to be six beats.

Also... not compatible with Windows XP. It's Vista/7/8 only.
An AVG that is not compatible with XP....that's interesting...

Also I'll cry if it ends up on Steam for like....$5...in the far future...
Old 2015-04-03, 07:09   Link #258
hyl
reading #hikaributts

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 07:51   Link #259
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
So this is the first of several parts of the VN, but that promo trailer shows what looks like the ends or near-ends of at least two different routes. I wonder if this means that each part-release of the game is actually several complete routes rather than like the first 5 or so chapter, then the next 5, etc.
Old 2015-04-03, 09:20   Link #260
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

I don't like it. It somehow feels like breaking the whole universe that was created in Angel Beats. Revisiting it feels wrong to me.

I don't know, I'll probably still check it out but I feel like it's a step in the wrong direction.

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote