AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2015-01-24, 15:02   Link #701
Frontier

Well, Junya's older, so in contrast to Sekai he's likely had a lot more combat experience both in using the Jigen Haoh School and in Gunpla Battle which might make up for any differences in their respective Gunpla's performance. Not to mention, if Junya's Gunpla was built by the 2nd Meijin, it's probably a world-class Gunpla in its own right even despite the generation gap.

It will be interesting to see how, if in the case that Sekai and Junya both had the same master in learning Jigen Haoh, they're training might have differed and if either were taught something by their master that the other might not know .
Old 2015-01-24, 15:49   Link #702
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
As for Sekai in the regional tournament for the first time, I will say that he's obviously an outlier like Reiji here. First of all he's fighting with a world level gunpla. He's translated his MA skills to controlling his gunpla to the point thats no issue. He is capable of extreme levels of assimilation which it seems very few is capable of (from what statements we heard from Yuuki). His control is easily on national level if not higher.
For a moment there, I thought you meant mobile armor.

Anyway, while that is certainly a fair point, if we have to keep in mind that Sekai is an outlier every time a future opponent is being build up, it will actually ruin the build up. I think the only necessary point about being an outlier is that Sekai will be on the same level as the tournament setting dictates despite having less experience. Other than that, we have to allow the opponents to actually be a potential threat even though we know the likely outcome will be that team Try Fighters will win all the way.

And so, it is within that context that I am approaching this whole Junya build up.
Quote:
The primary questions here between Sakai and Junya are "How comparable are their gunpla?" and "How advanced are they in Jigen-Haoh?". These will be the deciding factors as long as they are fighting 1v1 (I know its a team battle, Im referring to the instances in the team fight where just the two are clashing)
Considering his age, I think Junya is supposed to be more advanced in martial arts , unless this is like a martial art story where the older but deviant student didn't master the technique correctly.

That said, I think it's telling that Sekai has developed a technique that doesn't come from his school of martial art, meaning he will carve out his own path to victory and not rely on whatever he shares with Junya in terms of martial art.

I also think Frontier made a good point about the potential of Junya's gunpla for this tournament, even if we don't know what gunpla he used 2 years ago.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-24, 17:48   Link #703
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
It will be interesting to see how, if in the case that Sekai and Junya both had the same master in learning Jigen Haoh, they're training might have differed and if either were taught something by their master that the other might not know .
Well, for that battle, I hope Domon-sensei shows up in the flesh.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-24, 18:48   Link #704
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Well, for that battle, I hope Domon-sensei shows up in the flesh.
Might well be .

I'm just hoping it's actually Domon .
Old 2015-01-24, 21:56   Link #705
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
For a moment there, I thought you meant mobile armor.

Anyway, while that is certainly a fair point, if we have to keep in mind that Sekai is an outlier every time a future opponent is being build up, it will actually ruin the build up. I think the only necessary point about being an outlier is that Sekai will be on the same level as the tournament setting dictates despite having less experience. Other than that, we have to allow the opponents to actually be a potential threat even though we know the likely outcome will be that team Try Fighters will win all the way.

And so, it is within that context that I am approaching this whole Junya build up. Considering his age, I think Junya is supposed to be more advanced in martial arts , unless this is like a martial art story where the older but deviant student didn't master the technique correctly.

That said, I think it's telling that Sekai has developed a technique that doesn't come from his school of martial art, meaning he will carve out his own path to victory and not rely on whatever he shares with Junya in terms of martial art.

I also think Frontier made a good point about the potential of Junya's gunpla for this tournament, even if we don't know what gunpla he used 2 years ago.
Hehehehe I should have said Jigen-Haoh instead of MA

Fair enough on the build up part

Given Junya's rep, I highly doubt any typical honorable martial arts master would have kept him around

Another possibility is that Junya has developed his own style of Jigen Haoh, which may be an interesting twist
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-25, 12:41   Link #706
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

I'm not sure if Sekai managed to defeat Suga is just by single observation.
Don't forget there's training moment with Gyanko (who fight G-Masters before) and Simon (national boxing champ) too.
Rather than, 'just a single observation', Sekai did train himself to anticipate Suga's grappling and predict what will Suga do if his grappling method failed.

Considering Junya's personality, somehow I doubt he would do some preparation like that;
IMO, maybe he won't even bother himself to watch Try Fighters match if Suga didn't tell him about 'defeated by Jigen Haoh user'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Another possibility is that Junya has developed his own style of Jigen Haoh, which may be an interesting twist
With he didn't entering previous national tournament as well as his street fight experience, the possibility is quite high.

Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-25, 18:14   Link #707
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
I'm not sure if Sekai managed to defeat Suga is just by single observation.
I didn't mean to say that Sekai didn't prepare in other ways. But as far as knowing his opponent, he only had one match to observe of Sleggar.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-25, 21:38   Link #708
Frontier

And his training with Simon and Gyanko helped him prepare even more for Suga's type of fighting, which let Sekai take him by surprise and press the advantage .
Old 2015-01-30, 05:35   Link #709
solidvanz
Special Operative

Star Winning HG Mode:
Old 2015-01-30, 06:49   Link #710
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

With the reveal this fast (although we all expected it), I guess we can see the HG mode the next episode?
Old 2015-01-30, 10:45   Link #711
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Ehh I think they're going to save it for a better opponent. I wouldn't mind though.
Old 2015-01-30, 11:03   Link #712
Cao Ni Ma

Problem is that it doesn't look like Fumina will have a chance to actually show it off given the possible matchups. So her best bet will be on the next episode or right at the very end when she fights Shia. Or they completely subvert expectations of the Junya/Sakai fights.

I do agree, using her supermode against the triplets would be pretty lame. Hopefully she's only pushed to use the support functions of the star winning and not its supermode next fight, it'll make it more interesting in the long run.
Cao Ni Ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-30, 11:14   Link #713
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Yeah. SD Star Winning looks more than capable and looking at how the triplets fight, it would have no use.
Old 2015-01-30, 19:28   Link #714
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Agreed they should save the Star Winning for a while longer. I wouldn't even mind if they just plain saved it for the eventual match against Shia.
Old 2015-01-30, 20:54   Link #715
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
so what made people think the G-Portent has G-Reco elements in it?
i know some of the characters mishmash designs from multiple universes together before including recently Adou's Gundam The End which has G Gundam elements in it despite having appearing to have a GN Drive & his previous suit which is Gundam Wing based that has Fang weapons.
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-30, 21:41   Link #716
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
i know some of the characters mishmash designs from multiple universes together before including recently Adou's Gundam The End which has G Gundam elements in it despite having appearing to have a GN Drive & his previous suit which is Gundam Wing based that has Fang weapons.
It's just the whole "G" name designation, that's all. I read on /m/ that he producer of the show said it's an "exia type" so it's a 00 inspired mecha through and through.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-30, 23:21   Link #717
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
Just the name, since the main Gundam type line follow the "G-xxx" designations

Some people really assume the weirdest things from the most trivial details lol

Heck, it may have an exia base, but she literally massacred the kit, even looking close up you would probably figure its a new design or a Sakibure kit mod (assuming in-series there is a kit for that)
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-31, 00:23   Link #718
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

The Model Number confirms it a Sakibure mod.
Old 2015-01-31, 01:24   Link #719
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

People think of G-Reco elements at Portent is thanks to Portent design.
Round head, sleek design, naming theme (despite written as Portent Gundam in GP Base);
It's true Portent is an unit based on 00 units, but the appearance maybe inspired by / referencing G-Reco.

We've seen SRSC's Dragonar-inspired unit, The End that inspired by both Master and Devil Gundam, Transient that looks like Tekkaman;
So if the same things happens for Portent, I don't mind.

^^;

Speaking about model numbers, in this episode, when Celestial Sphere members set their GP Base;
Surprisingly, The End model numbers is written as "RX-END" instead of "GN-" as GN Drive is also equipped like the other two.

If model numbers did represent the base gunpla, anyone know any RX- series closest to The End?
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-31, 02:36   Link #720
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
well except that Dragonar (which is Sunrise's) & Tekkaman aren't Gundam shows, its more like a cross franchise reference than anything , heck i heard somewhere that one of the Gundam X variation designs is actually a homage to Go Nagai's Devilman, down to the head design,

still figuring out what is the Toraion-3? a Zambot 3/Daitarn 3/Yuusha/Eldran?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote