Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-01-13, 16:07   Link #361
Zakoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Spoiler for Spoilers:
Spoiler for about wifu, read at your own risk:

Btw to make this game faster I greatly advise you to have Laura in your team with the orb "path of conqueror" ( or something like that). You can find this orb at the same place you are at the very very beginning of the game ( meaning the place of the flashback), don't miss it, it's a vital one.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-14, 02:08   Link #362
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
Btw to make this game faster I greatly advise you to have Laura in your team with the orb "path of conqueror" ( or something like that). You can find this orb at the same place you are at the very very beginning of the game ( meaning the place of the flashback), don't miss it, it's a vital one.
Are you perhaps thinking of the [Domination] quartz? The one that deals x2 damage for your character's first attack/craft?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-16, 02:53   Link #363
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Yeah, that's what he's referring to.
Old 2016-01-17, 12:59   Link #364
Zakoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Are you perhaps thinking of the [Domination] quartz? The one that deals x2 damage for your character's first attack/craft?
Yes exactly, that's exactly why I don't translate LN lol.

You can go Rean doing his motivation art and follow with Laura doing the whirlpool/vortex Art. Next fight
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-17, 15:10   Link #365
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

So just to clarify something of the overall story

Spoiler for Everything After Chapter 5:
Old 2016-01-17, 15:33   Link #366
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
So just to clarify something of the overall story

Spoiler for Everything After Chapter 5:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2016-01-17, 16:12   Link #367
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Faint and burst is a horrible combination. Really easy to build up bonus exp with that. I swear I didn't rack this much EXP back when I played the japanese version I mean, I'm pretty sure I didn't catch up to Angelica's level back when I first played it before..

Finally reached Final Chapter now after all that procrastinating I'll probably end up reaching level 67-68 like my usual 1st playthrough run at the end though since I'll probably won't be able to build up much multiplier in the final dungeon.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-17, 16:50   Link #368
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enSword View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
So how different is the old TitS games compared to Cold Steel in terms of gameplay mechanics? (Not Evo, cause FC on Vita is just the original)

Ideally I should play Zero/Ao but that's not an option atm.
Old 2016-01-17, 18:47   Link #369
marvelB

Quote:
So how different is the old TitS games compared to Cold Steel in terms of gameplay mechanics? (Not Evo, cause FC on Vita is just the original)

Ideally I should play Zero/Ao but that's not an option atm.

It's not really much different, to be honest. I guess the biggest differences are that you don't attack monsters on the field before battle (that's something that was first introduced in Zero), and the orbment system is a bit simpler compared to more recent titles (for instance, Master Quartz is something that was first introduced in Ao with the Enigma II system). Otherwise, it's mostly the same.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-18, 03:33   Link #370
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Hmmm I see, well if my gaming schedule allows it I'll see if I can try them out.
Old 2016-01-18, 03:46   Link #371
cloud04
Scanlator

also quick question, do i need to buy the other ones for plotline? or just alone is fine?
Old 2016-01-18, 04:05   Link #372
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
also quick question, do i need to buy the other ones for plotline? or just alone is fine?
There are some references but Cold Steel is mostly self contain.

I too have never played the other Legend of Heroes games and started out with this first.
Old 2016-01-18, 16:50   Link #373
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
It's not really much different, to be honest. I guess the biggest differences are that you don't attack monsters on the field before battle (that's something that was first introduced in Zero), and the orbment system is a bit simpler compared to more recent titles (for instance, Master Quartz is something that was first introduced in Ao with the Enigma II system). Otherwise, it's mostly the same.
I wouldn't call it simple. It's much more tactical as you combine orbments to use a spell instead of say, an orbment in CS granting a spell or an atk+spell combo.

And yes, no master quartz and instead of each line allowing you to equip different status affecting quartz, lines are very important here as you try to mix and match quartz.
Old 2016-01-20, 15:16   Link #374
Alza

Currently playing the game, and just got to chapter 5's school half. Honestly the game has been very fun so far, and it's pretty comfortable. I am glad I am playing in the PS3, since if the slowdowns are a bit bad here, I can't imagine how bad they would be in the Vita.

I do have to say that the English dub for the game is pretty good, they really knocked it out of the park with their choices and direction. The best part of the game is the feeling of you getting to know Erebonia as a country, to know its problems and its people and I just feel the setting is coming alive in a way that it hasn't in other JRPGs.

To be honest, I was a bit hesitating starting the game due to the highschool setting, but over time it won me over, since you honestly spend little time in highschool. Class VII quickly developed as characters, and by now I like all of them, even Alisa who I feel the game pushes too much.

Overall the game has been really interesting so far, and makes me want to pick the Sky games after I finish this one.
Alza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-20, 16:17   Link #375
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The Vita would just die at certain scenes with alot of things going on in Chapter 4.

Still, that suspense and resume function for the Vita is pretty godlike for games like these.
Old 2016-01-22, 18:26   Link #376
Alza

Quote:
Still, that suspense and resume function for the Vita is pretty godlike for games like these.
I can imagine, sometimes I wish I could just take the game with me everywhere so I could play more of it instead of having to play it from the couch.

Anyhow, currently finished the first day of the trip for Chapter 5, the duel with Laura's dad was great, and I hope the day comes where Rean learns to control his edgy berserk form. You know, I really love traveling around Erebonia in this game, each region really feels unique and overall it feels like the region is unique but it still feels like one country.
Alza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-23, 20:58   Link #377
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Really taking my time with this one, knowing that it'll be at least several months before there's even hope of seeing ToCS II in NA.

I just finished chapter 4 and finally saw the game bumping up against the Vita's hardware limits. Nothing gameplay-related, but some pretty glaring frame-rate issues during some talking scenes in busy areas. To be honest though, the only reason I noticed was because of the text scroll hitching. Otherwise, I've been very pleased with the handheld version. Suspend helps when you need to step away but you're in the middle of a long scene.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-25, 01:27   Link #378
Iron Maw
Banned

Alright! Just started Ch4! (yes I'm slow, RL really sucks sometimes )

Spoiler for ToCS & TiTS stuff:

That aside, I really loved the music in Ancient Quarry, it adds to haunted and eerie nature of that place.

BTW, for anyone playing anyone who has played PC version TiTS: SC or the japanese version of ToCS, I got a question: is Neolitic Era = Ancient Zemuria Civilization right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alza View Post

Anyhow, currently finished the first day of the trip for Chapter 5, the duel with Laura's dad was great, and I hope the day comes where Rean learns to control his edgy berserk form. You know, I really love traveling around Erebonia in this game, each region really feels unique and overall it feels like the region is unique but it still feels like one country.
Yep! It's the same with Liberl in TiTS. It's because have such indepth world building that isn't just skin deep. You will appreciate all the little and big deals and connections when play all the games even more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
Really taking my time with this one, knowing that it'll be at least several months before there's even hope of seeing ToCS II in NA.

I just finished chapter 4 and finally saw the game bumping up against the Vita's hardware limits. Nothing gameplay-related, but some pretty glaring frame-rate issues during some talking scenes in busy areas. To be honest though, the only reason I noticed was because of the text scroll hitching. Otherwise, I've been very pleased with the handheld version. Suspend helps when you need to step away but you're in the middle of a long scene.
PS3 has some nasty framerate issue from time to time too. Usually when there a lot objects and on screen during a cut-scene. It just tanks. Thankfully it's infrequent not to be a huge issue.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2016-01-25 at 01:38.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-25, 04:30   Link #379
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Alright! Just started Ch4! (yes I'm slow, RL really sucks sometimes )

Spoiler for ToCS & TiTS stuff:

That aside, I really loved the music in Ancient Quarry, it adds to haunted and eerie nature of that place.

BTW, for anyone playing anyone who has played PC version TiTS: SC or the japanese version of ToCS, I got a question: is Neolitic Era = Ancient Zemuria Civilization right?

Yep! It's the same with Liberl in TiTS. It's because have such indepth world building that isn't just skin deep. You will appreciate all the little and big deals and connections when play all the games even more.

PS3 has some nasty framerate issue from time to time too. Usually when there a lot objects and on screen during a cut-scene. It just tanks. Thankfully it's infrequent not to be a huge issue.
Yeah, it's ancient zemuria civilization.
Old 2016-01-25, 14:44   Link #380
Iron Maw
Banned

Ah, so they did change the term from TiTS then. It was really bothering me because I had no idea what they ere referring to since the only one that existed 1,200 years ago. Thanks for that!
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
erebonia, falcom, nice story, pc/steam, rpg elements, story rpg, trails of cold steel, trails series, xseed, zemuria