AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-08-04, 12:33   Link #6281
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezer View Post
I disagree, you are kind of ignoring the fact, that for Senriyama, Ritz had a pull give Ryuuka a complete power out of nowhere, so she could remain relevant in the semi-finals. Which I didn't find very endearing, and really didn't like how the way to counter Shizu was basically screwed up, since Ryuuka got a second power out of nowhere, when she's not supposed to have any.
I agree Ritz didn't think too well what to do with Ryuuka back in semi-finals. That's why in the 5th place match, Ritz just gave her the power she had in the anime (limitless heaven) which she didn't have in the manga semi-finals.

But this doesn't make Senriyama less endearing to me. It just goes to show Ritz is a messy writer who doesn't put enough thought into her characters sometimes. The fact is Toki stole the show in semi-finals. She put more balls into the game than anyone. That got me bad and nothing Achiga did came close to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Achiga team seems to be fast/quick learner, this probably easy for them. And......Shiratodai members were quite careless in the match.
They learn too fast to the point it cheapens their accomplishments. On top of that Shiratodai's shitty performance was also a result of the massive plot armor protecting Achiga.
Old 2018-08-04, 15:06   Link #6282
Bladezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I agree Ritz didn't think too well what to do with Ryuuka back in semi-finals. That's why in the 5th place match, Ritz just gave her the power she had in the anime (limitless heaven) which she didn't have in the manga semi-finals.

But this doesn't make Senriyama less endearing to me. It just goes to show Ritz is a messy writer who doesn't put enough thought into her characters sometimes. The fact is Toki stole the show in semi-finals. She put more balls into the game than anyone. That got me bad and nothing Achiga did came close to that.
I wouldn't say Ritz is a messy writer, just that she doesn't do well when rushed, which Achiga-hen was.

And I dislike Senriyama for basically eating up everyone's screen time. And how we were told their backstory twice, when that time could have been to expand on Shindouji instead.

Quote:
They learn too fast to the point it cheapens their accomplishments. On top of that Shiratodai's shitty performance was also a result of the massive plot armor protecting Achiga.
Well, we can't also forget Shindouji was at the table. And well, I think, it was pretty clear, if Awaii, had stuck to defensive, like she was supposed to, then Shiraitodai would have won their Semi-finals.
Bladezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-04, 16:31   Link #6283
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezer View Post
I wouldn't say Ritz is a messy writer, just that she doesn't do well when rushed, which Achiga-hen was.
It's her fault either way.

Quote:
And I dislike Senriyama for basically eating up everyone's screen time.
They stole the show because they had better characters and backstories. Although Hanada is pretty cool too.

Quote:
Well, we can't also forget Shindouji was at the table.
Of course, they're my second favorite after Senriyama.

Quote:
And well, I think, it was pretty clear, if Awaii, had stuck to defensive, like she was supposed to, then Shiraitodai would have won their Semi-finals.
It wasn't just Awai. All the team besides Teru performed poorly. They were supposed to be 2 times champions and performed like a butch of losers just to make Achiga look good. It's fucking retarded and no amount of mental gymnastics will make it less so.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2018-08-04 at 18:29.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-04, 18:25   Link #6284
Chitanda Eru

Quote:
It wasn't just Awai. All the team besides Teru performed poorly. They were supposed to be 3 times champions and performed like a butch of losers just to make Achiga look good. It's fucking retarded and no amount of mental gymnastics will make it less so.
I totally agree. After the semi-final I feel like Achiga and Rinkai are the strongest but I have no doubt with Rinkai cause they have all best players around the world. Shiraitodai is obviously underdog now while they have taken the title 2 times in a row.

The most ridiculous joke for me in side A semi-final is Achiga still won with normal skill and nearly no strategy there accept Kuro sisters. Ako, Arata, Shizuno played normal mahjong. Shizuno's power can null special power but it doesn't help her played better Ryuuka is great with normal mahjong. I know normal mahjong is very dangerously and absolutely can win. But it need a good brain and diverse strategy not just sit there and win like Achiga did
Chitanda Eru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-04, 21:17   Link #6285
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
To be fair, Achiga team did spend as much time as Kiyosumi in training. It just that "Achiga-hen" is a short series with many time skips which makes readers feel their development goes super fast.
Aye, that's one thing ppl don't mention enough. The manga does mention in passing that Achiga went around every prefecture challenging all the 2nd places, only having trouble in Nara's Ryuumonbuchi. I'm assuming That includes other strong second places that were mentioned in the main series like East Tokyo's and Kagoshima's.

But yes, Shinohayu is the exact opposite of this and the perfect examle of what happens when Ritz is just allowed to take her time telling a story instead of having the constraint of space (# of volumes) or time (one tournament). Shinohayu is such a solid series. The addition of a coming of age component to the series also really plays well to Aguri sensei's strengths as well (e.g. Bamboo blade).

Last edited by Proto; 2018-08-04 at 21:34.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-04, 21:40   Link #6286
AP24

Ryuumonbuchi is in Nagano along with Kiyosumi
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-04, 22:09   Link #6287
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Nagano, yes. I got my prefectors mixed (Achiga is from Nara instead).
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-05, 00:40   Link #6288
Chitanda Eru

About new chapter, why didn't Teru want to deal in Satoha? It was clearly cheap hand and huh?
Old 2018-08-05, 02:37   Link #6289
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitanda Eru View Post
About new chapter, why didn't Teru want to deal in Satoha? It was clearly cheap hand and huh?
yes it was said by achiga coach she proably did it becouse she predicted kuro will win that hand
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-05, 02:39   Link #6290
elior

Quote:
It's her fault either way.

They stole the show because they had better characters and backstories. Although Hanada is pretty cool too.

Of course, they're my second favorite after Senriyama.

It wasn't just Awai. All the team besides Teru performed poorly. They were supposed to be 2 times champions and performed like a butch of losers just to make Achiga look good. It's fucking retarded and no amount of mental gymnastics will make it less so.
about the new chapter why teru folded? is it not better if she was to deal into satoha hand for 2500?
Old 2018-08-05, 03:39   Link #6291
Chitanda Eru

Arr.. I noticed it, if Teru discard 6 sou, She would be double ron by Kuro and Satoha
Lol, an unstopable monster now has to sit there and see the brainless Achiga tsumo and win thanks to the plot amour. However, I really love the way Teru think and give out the strategy on the table. That's the way top players should be, both Teru and Satoha did. They don't just rely on their special power. They think and find out way to win.

I hope Yuuki can do something more in the rest of the east round before she turns on defend mode. And I really want to see more combination power during this final math. We saw Yuuki and Hisa (Nodoka should be included because of the cat she gave Yuuki), Kuro and that stupid fog. I'm curious what the combination of Shiraitodai. And I don't think Rinkai will have it cause they just gather strongest player around the world to form a team.

Let's see why the ex-coach of Shiraitodai want to choose the strongest team instead of gathering strongest players to form a team
P/S: Oh wait, Teru can still keep Tenpai if she discard 9 sou instead of Haku. Why?

Last edited by Chitanda Eru; 2018-08-05 at 03:50.
Old 2018-08-05, 03:54   Link #6292
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitanda Eru View Post
Arr.. I noticed it, if Teru discard 6 sou, She would be double ron by Kuro and Satoha
Lol, an unstopable monster now has to sit there and see the brainless Achiga tsumo and win thanks to the plot amour. However, I really love the way Teru think and give out the strategy on the table. That's the way top players should be, both Teru and Satoha did. They don't just rely on their special power. They think and find out way to win.

I hope Yuuki can do something more in the rest of the east round before she turns on defend mode. And I really want to see more combination power during this final math. We saw Yuuki and Hisa (Nodoka should be included because of the cat she gave Yuuki), Kuro and that stupid fog. I'm curious what the combination of Shiraitodai. And I don't think Rinkai will have it cause they just gather strongest player around the world to form a team.

Let's see why the ex-coach of Shiraitodai want to choose the strongest team instead of gathering strongest players to form a team
P/S: Oh wait, Teru can still keep Tenpai if she discard 9 sou instead of Haku. Why?
yes i wonder why she folded despite knowing that
Old 2018-08-05, 05:23   Link #6293
kona~chan
ヘタレ

because yuuki's obviously chanta hand?

”生きるってつらいな。。。”
Onjouji Toki
kona~chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-05, 06:28   Link #6294
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by kona~chan View Post
because yuuki's obviously chanta hand?
i was thinking it necouse she knew kuro will win that hand like achiga coach said
Old 2018-08-05, 07:02   Link #6295
Marina2

Hmm...so Teru can't repeatably use her mirror power to check out how her opponent has changed in short time period.

It seems Kuro haven't show all of her "new" true nature yet in this chapter (as Teru hinted).

Next chapter in 2 months....well I can enjoy Shino's match in Shinohayu during that time.

Last edited by Marina2; 2018-08-05 at 07:14.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-05, 09:09   Link #6296
Arcorann

Ritz is getting more and more brazen with those nopan shots. I can't help but wonder what we'll be getting by the end of the tournament.
Arcorann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-05, 13:05   Link #6297
AP24

I'd say Rinkai is the most dangerous team because three of their players are monster-level (Nelly, Satoha, Choe). Shiraitodai has two monster-level players (Teru, Awai) and Kiyosumi only has one (Saki). Achiga has none at all.
Old 2018-08-05, 15:11   Link #6298
Kazu-kun

Achiga's the most dangerous because they have the strongest plot armor.
Old 2018-08-05, 23:30   Link #6299
AP24

I would divide the players into monster-class, ace-class, above average, average, and amateur. Monster-class players include those who are referred as monsters and others on their level. Ace-class players include aces of national powerhouse schools and others on their level. Above average players are on national level but still below the powerhouse aces. Average players are on the prefectural level and amateur players are even below the prefectural average. Here's my opinion on how strong everyone in the final is.

Kiyosumi
Saki: monster-class
Nodoka: ace-class
Hisa: ace-class
Mako: average
Yuuki: monster-class (east rounds), average (south rounds)

Shiraitodai
Awai: monster-class
Seiko: above average
Takami: above average
Sumire: ace-class
Teru: monster-class

Rinkai
Nelly: monster-class
Megan: ace-class
Choe: ace-class (monster-class outside Japanese tournament)
Hao: above average
Satoha: monster-class

Achiga
Shizuno: above average (monster-class against ability users)
Arata: above average
Ako: above average
Yuu: above average
Kuro: above average

Achiga's level is based on the latest we saw in Side-A series but who knows maybe most of them have improved now. Shizuno and Yuu should be fine, but Arata, Ako and Kuro need to be at ace-class if they want Achiga to win. Kuro definitely needs to if she wants to stand a chance against 2 monster-class players and another one that is half monster-class. Ako was quite close to ace-class during the semifinal and maybe she is already now. Arata might need to get close to ace-class just to be safe since two of her opponents are ace-class.

I'm looking forward to the captain match most since it will be between 4 monster-class players who are also 1st years.
Old 2018-08-05, 23:35   Link #6300
elior

Quote:
Achiga's the most dangerous because they have the strongest plot armor.
saki and shizuno are equal in plot armor and i nelieve saki flower will bloom in shizu mountain. besides if teru has not folded here she could lost almost all of her points to kuro win in this hand

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri