AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-07-01, 02:37   Link #341
kazzuya

Furthermore he hasn't actually helped a single heroine in the story.
Aoi - he cheated on her and made her suffer
Yu - He knows that she is is suffering from something but didn't do anything just so that he will have his sanctuary.
Tsuyako - he realized at some point that she is worrying about something but ignored it so that he will have his "accomplice".
Saffron - he already realized the meaning of the name "Saffron" but didn't say anything except have Saffron console him and not the reverse
Asa - he knows Asa is chained by him and his promise however until the very end he didn't sit her free.
Sora - he should have wonder what Sora's deal is. After all someone like her must be guilty by something if she casually give herself away like that.

He has many girls however he never truly understand them. And he just indulge in their affection. And they just comfort with each other without fixing anything.

That is why I like Koremitsu alot better after all he has no pretense of what he is. And didn't just comfort them instead he fix their problem and saved them.
kazzuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-01, 03:12   Link #342
Tenzen12

Isn't that exactly point of story. If Hikaru were good guy, there would be no plot and Koremitsu would be still misunderstood loner.

As for Aoi, yes her rage was obviously just, but if nothing else she was wronging Hikaru claiming he didn't loved her at least. I think Koremitsu had right get angry too. Also Hikaru did try redempt himself, but died before he could get throught with it. So he had at least little decency in him.
Old 2015-07-01, 03:28   Link #343
kazzuya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Isn't that exactly point of story. If Hikaru were good guy, there would be no plot and Koremitsu would be still misunderstood loner.

As for Aoi, yes her rage was obviously just, but if nothing else she was wronging Hikaru claiming he didn't loved her at least. I think Koremitsu had right get angry too. Also Hikaru did try redempt himself, but died before he could get throught with it. So he had at least little decency in him.
How would he redempt himsel?
He will go steady with Aoi and everything will be peachy. Like hell they will be.
Tsuyako will still be depending on Hikaru
Hikaru will support Yu's NEET life.
Asa will never be set free from Hikaru and the promise.
Saffron will still have her inferiority complex.
Sora will still suffer from her guilt.
And his aunt will still bore his child.

Hikaru is still self-centered when he was alive. And I don't think that will change.

After all who would have relations with many girls including his blood relative just cause his "lonely".
kazzuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-01, 04:25   Link #344
Tenzen12

Honestly it's not like Hikaru is responsible for every single girl just because he slept with them (in some cases not even that). He kept promises he gave and it's not like they weren't aware what kind of person he is. Their trouble was their alone and receiving even mere moral support is something to be grateful for. Only girls for whose issue is h responsible for are Asai (indirectly) and Aoi. And yeah breaking with all girls and devote himself to make his fiance happy is deed of redemption. Maybe it was self-centered in a sense but right thing to do regardless.

And he did help some, maybe not enough for them to be free completely, but Tsuyako, Murasaki and maybe even Sora got helped by him a lot.

Plus stop with that Aunt bearing his child crap. It's not true, which would you know if you actually made effort read it properly.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2015-07-01 at 05:00.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-01, 05:24   Link #345
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

It's hard for me to sympathize with Hikaru, with all the development going on (and more recently, the possibility of knocking someone up). But still, I am aware of what people are capable of doing when they're depressed, or when they seek their role in the world. The girls fell for Hikaru, and he consoled with them by accepting their love. Though quite selfish, it's his way to express his kindness to the ones that love him, and also his way of finding comfort from the harsh reality of growing up as a mistress' son. Although I couldn't agree with his ways fully.

By the way, how many chapters of the manga have been translated already? And is it still in the "Aoi" volume? My resourses could be limited so I want to know if I'm missing something. Thanks
Old 2015-07-01, 05:32   Link #346
Tenzen12

Considering that Manga has "Aoi" as main tittle I believe author doesn't have plans adapt other volumes. And if so it will be in form separate manga/season.

There is currently 9 chapters translated, but new are coming out with quite fast pace like every two days or so.

Anyway your analysis of Hikaru is very good.
Old 2015-07-01, 09:02   Link #347
NeutralZero

Mahouka have separate title per arc in its manga format, it is possible for the series to follow the same footstep...
and it'll be a shame if they only did the first part of the series...
they can but still...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-01, 11:05   Link #348
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Finally marathoned vol 1-6. A bit scared with how the story is going to be honest

I think the problem with most girls when Hikaru was alive that even though Hikaru was shown to be caring and supported them, it made them too dependent to Hikaru at the end. This can be really seen in Tsuyako's case. I feel that Koremitsu's solution was also similar to Hikaru's support to the girl, where if he left them suddenly like Hikaru, they would be devastated like before.

However, I do think that Koremitsu's solution has much more positive outlook for them. I think Koremitsu's character and method to support them really helps with it. If there comes a case where Koremitsu leaves them suddenly it will be another sad experience for them, but now they might be able to think that the time they've spend with him and Hikaru was a cherished treasure and become more positive in the future. I think that's one of the reason why I really like Asai's volume

Still though my favorite girl is still Yu It's a bit strange to see that my favorite volume in the series is vol 2 which is the same as her previous work bungaku shoujo

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-02, 04:51   Link #349
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

yuu is lovely...
Old 2015-07-06, 19:48   Link #350
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Chapter 12 of the manga is tled... So, how many volumes are there? Does the manga only adapts the first one?
Old 2015-07-06, 22:34   Link #351
steam fish

is volume 7 dropped or is it still being translated?
steam fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-07, 15:33   Link #352
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya View Post
Furthermore he hasn't actually helped a single heroine in the story.
Aoi - he cheated on her and made her suffer
Yu - He knows that she is is suffering from something but didn't do anything just so that he will have his sanctuary.
Tsuyako - he realized at some point that she is worrying about something but ignored it so that he will have his "accomplice".
Saffron - he already realized the meaning of the name "Saffron" but didn't say anything except have Saffron console him and not the reverse
Asa - he knows Asa is chained by him and his promise however until the very end he didn't sit her free.
Sora - he should have wonder what Sora's deal is. After all someone like her must be guilty by something if she casually give herself away like that.

He has many girls however he never truly understand them. And he just indulge in their affection. And they just comfort with each other without fixing anything.

That is why I like Koremitsu alot better after all he has no pretense of what he is. And didn't just comfort them instead he fix their problem and saved them.

Maybe Hikaru is like that.. but if not because Hikaru. Koremitsu is still lonely guy, and i bet if hikaru not dead he will approach Koremitsu.. because you must admit, even koremitsu is too dazling even for someone like hikaru (BL)

I wonder what will they do if hikaru still alive? maybe asa will fall for koremitsu as one of hikaru pranks... well I like Asa but sadly she's not the one...
Old 2015-07-17, 08:09   Link #353
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Looking at the increased viewcount on the site, I'm having mixed feelings about the manga's surging popularity.

On the bright side, there's only one volume adapted to the manga.

On the negative side, I'm getting hurried more than before...and I'm bringing out more of my Asa-chan side...

Anyway, I should be able to finish up the remaining...118 pages in 5 days.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-18, 02:36   Link #354
Tenzen12

Two chapters at onece?! Really good job!

Anyway as some other people I too think that father of baby is teacher. If I am not mistaken, her counterpart from Tale of Genji had kid with different man as well. There is lot of thing to say but to be brief, even in his state Koremitsu should control himself, Oumi was cool and next chapter finally Asa turn. I am looking forward to it
Old 2015-07-19, 09:31   Link #355
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

wow. I haven't checked on the site for a while and I get 3 chapters worth of updates. Thanks for the translations. (y)
It looks like you're trying to keep in pace with the quick manga translations.
Old 2015-07-19, 12:47   Link #356
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell_ping View Post
Looking at the increased viewcount on the site, I'm having mixed feelings about the manga's surging popularity.

On the bright side, there's only one volume adapted to the manga.

On the negative side, I'm getting hurried more than before...and I'm bringing out more of my Asa-chan side...

Anyway, I should be able to finish up the remaining...118 pages in 5 days.
see do you waver over AsaFlag.......

oh thank you for your translation ping...

I really like it
Old 2015-07-24, 09:09   Link #357
Tenzen12

So I was wrong about child being Soras teacher... and several other thing But it was good chapter and Koremitsu-Asa combination seems to be really OP.

I am getting really torn here, Asa is obviously best girl...but Honoka deserve her happy ending with Koremitsu more, I just can't decide (Mitsu should just embrace tittle of Delinquent harem king and go for both)

Anyway I recently started read Tales of Genji on which is Hikaru based on. If you like Hikaru you will love that one too, I guarantee that much.
Old 2015-07-25, 07:29   Link #358
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

I sorta lost track on this and only manage to realize it when I'm reading volume 7.
I have a question: How old was Hikaru when he died? Or at least what year was he in school? I know Koremitsu, Honoka and Michiru are in their first year in Highschool, while Aoi, Asai and Tsuyako are in their 2nd. I'm guessing Tojo and Yuu are also a 2nd year student, and Hiina is a freshman. Hikaru's creepy older brother whose name escapes me at the moment seems to be older than all of them, having graduated at the same school which he refers as his "alma mater".

I need to sort out the timeline of events somehow. And yes, I'm still shipping Koremitsu and Honoka.
Old 2015-07-27, 23:34   Link #359
NeutralZero

Well that's that for 7,
can't get enough of Asa and hoping to read more of here especially her line before leaving them in the epilogue...
hoping this will have an anime soon but can't get my hopes up too much...
not falling for your BF's ex-fiance, now that's a bro to you...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-28, 08:50   Link #360
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

No Asachan that's not how you abuse your power......

they are soo cute...

Imma goin to asa flag

Tags
delinquent, harem, healing, romance, tragedy