AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-02-19, 10:07   Link #3301
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Oh yeah, the OVAS 1 and 2 were definitely worth to see. Specially in the ends
Back on topic, I think that the only way to stop tomogaras is to close up the Crimson World entry, since Denizens keep coming and coming, it's impossible to kill them all, eventually another one would be born and come with evil intentions to the Earth.
Old 2011-02-19, 11:36   Link #3302
~Avant~

Nothing stays closed forever, it'd only be a temporary fix to the problem.
~Avant~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 12:57   Link #3303
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
Back on topic, I think that the only way to stop tomogaras is to close up the Crimson World entry, since Denizens keep coming and coming, it's impossible to kill them all, eventually another one would be born and come with evil intentions to the Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Avant~ View Post
Nothing stays closed forever, it'd only be a temporary fix to the problem.
This also makes some hope for SotF's plans if it actually does work, if he creates a world where Tomogaras no longer need to devour people for PoE, then Shana can finally be at the end of her journey and can live a happy life (depending on how it goes for her during the battle). It's true that nothing can be stayed closed forever, but there may be a really tough requirement in order to reopen the Crimson World so it will take quite a long time in order for it to open up again. But there are still the risks of following with SotF's plans that it might turn the wrong way and eventually destroy everything in the process. But since Shana can practically live forever as a Flame Haze, then it will indeed take hundreds of years, but it's what she is fighting for to end her role as a Flame Haze. So it can be summarized up to 2 endings for me right now. Does anyone have any opinions on how this will end?
Old 2011-02-19, 13:08   Link #3304
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

I think this will end up with a complete destruction of all the Denizens that are in earth (fighting against the Flame Hazes), and somehow, SoF will die in the process and Alastor will come back to the Crimson World as king, maybe putting a high guard on the entry to Earth, I highly doubt that any Lord would dare to fight him in his full power form.
I don't know if the contract between Shana and him can be ended, but I feel that she will live forever as Yuji will, something like hearing the Alastor's voice at then end of the story, counting the story of the Flame Haze and the Mistes (a title as the one of Pheles and Johan may be apply). And about those two, I feel that they are heading to a death together, since there is only one Reij Maigo and we need to get Yuji, Johan may die and Pheles will as well or vice versa. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong.
Old 2011-02-19, 14:49   Link #3305
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
I think this will end up with a complete destruction of all the Denizens that are in earth (fighting against the Flame Hazes), and somehow, SoF will die in the process and Alastor will come back to the Crimson World as king, maybe putting a high guard on the entry to Earth, I highly doubt that any Lord would dare to fight him in his full power form.
I don't know if the contract between Shana and him can be ended, but I feel that she will live forever as Yuji will, something like hearing the Alastor's voice at then end of the story, counting the story of the Flame Haze and the Mistes (a title as the one of Pheles and Johan may be apply). And about those two, I feel that they are heading to a death together, since there is only one Reij Maigo and we need to get Yuji, Johan may die and Pheles will as well or vice versa. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong.
That's quite a perspective view that you have here SkyFlames. Maybe it can end in the most destructive way with both Shana and Yuji dying, or Yuji sacrificing himself in order to stop SotF when he takes things too far (maybe that won't happen) or Yuji might go about with his plans and it might actually work. There are many possible endings for this series, it's just hard for us fans to decide which of them is the most accurate
Old 2011-02-19, 17:10   Link #3306
Blutsauger

Send a message via MSN to Blutsauger
If Yuji does sacrifice himself, I think Shana would do either two things. Rampage from the devastation and then kill herself, or just be so devastated that she just kills herself. Remembering Shana IS the main character, so she most definitely WOULDN'T die, which means for me, Yuji wouldn't die.
Blutsauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 19:04   Link #3307
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutsauger View Post
If Yuji does sacrifice himself, I think Shana would do either two things. Rampage from the devastation and then kill herself, or just be so devastated that she just kills herself. Remembering Shana IS the main character, so she most definitely WOULDN'T die, which means for me, Yuji wouldn't die.
Actually,
Spoiler for Spoiler (Romeo and Juliet).:
but I'm quite sure that if Yuji sacrifices, Shana would jump to him or suicide quickly after (I know it doesn't sound pretty, but it's what I think). Either way, if that actually happens I'd get so dissapointed. As I said, I feel like seeing Yuji in a battle/explosion, jumping to sacrifice himselft and in the last second he change places with Johan or Pheles saves him, since I thinkt that the Giralda is the last piece of the puzzle, it may actually work in that way.
Old 2011-02-19, 19:57   Link #3308
elleinad00

Form if Shana would just make a suicide because Yuuji died I think that would be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo......... awkward......
elleinad00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 21:06   Link #3309
Blutsauger

I'm hoping for NOT a Romeo and Juliet ending. I don't want that happening. YujixShana Forever! <3
Old 2011-02-19, 21:26   Link #3310
pancakes
*Author

Send a message via MSN to pancakes
whats with all the "everybody dies" endings? I think yuji has a plan that will spring up in the end. You have to remember he has proved himself a genius many of times, and I dont think he would fall for being used and purposely merge with sotf. If not id say the flame hazes are screwed, since snake of the festival sakai yuji is nearly invincible. (This page pretty much sums it up)

http://outskirtsbattledome.wikispace...ebi+Sakai+Yuji

Last edited by pancakes; 2011-02-19 at 21:27. Reason: typo
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 21:43   Link #3311
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancakes View Post
whats with all the "everybody dies" endings? I think yuji has a plan that will spring up in the end. You have to remember he has proved himself a genius many of times, and I dont think he would fall for being used and purposely merge with sotf. If not id say the flame hazes are screwed, since snake of the festival sakai yuji is nearly invincible. (This page pretty much sums it up)

http://outskirtsbattledome.wikispace...ebi+Sakai+Yuji
Well "invincible" is a tad bit overdoing it in words Shana is apparently now equal to Yuji/SotF as the battles go on, so there might be a chance even he will lose. But it all depends on what the writer will choose.

Also Yuji does seem to know what he is doing most of the time before merging with SotF, so I can assume that he does indeed know from his own opinion what is best for the world.. But there are still things that conflict with this idea.
Old 2011-02-19, 22:00   Link #3312
Blutsauger

Just a question, because with the end of the last battle, could you say right now, Shana+wilhelmina are still fighting with Shidonii+Yuji? For like months? So it's a pretty long battle.
Old 2011-02-19, 22:07   Link #3313
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Just a question, because with the end of the last battle, could you say right now, Shana+wilhelmina are still fighting with Shidonii+Yuji? For like months? So it's a pretty long battle.
Well we will eventually get Pheles in the action, so the tides are gonna be turned, but also find out if it truly does sacrifice the person that uses it, or the person will live.
Old 2011-02-19, 22:23   Link #3314
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Actually,
Spoiler for Spoiler (Romeo and Juliet).:
but I'm quite sure that if Yuji sacrifices, Shana would jump to him or suicide quickly after (I know it doesn't sound pretty, but it's what I think). Either way, if that actually happens I'd get so dissapointed. As I said, I feel like seeing Yuji in a battle/explosion, jumping to sacrifice himselft and in the last second he change places with Johan or Pheles saves him, since I thinkt that the Giralda is the last piece of the puzzle, it may actually work in that way.
What? He learns from everyone else finally how to be an utter dick?
Old 2011-02-20, 00:15   Link #3315
Blutsauger

I hope Giralda gets rid of Yoshida, but at the same time not get rid of her. :S I guess I want her gone because I hate her and ShanaxYuji forever and all, but it's the ending of Shana altogether and I guess I want all the original crew at Misaki High to be together.
Old 2011-02-20, 09:31   Link #3316
pancakes
*Author

so many possible endings.......i dont know how the writer expects people to last from the end of shs 2 to sns 3. Thank god for the novel spoilers.
Old 2011-02-20, 09:52   Link #3317
pancakes
*Author

ANYWAY.....someone previously mentioned romeo and juliet in this conversation. Has anyone noticed that sns not only relates to romeo and juliet, but also makes a lot of referances to it? (Season 1 the quote,Season 2 the parade/chigusa talk) There might be some foreshadowing/hidden messages here. "That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet" is the famous quote that Shana recited in season 1 of the anime. For those of you who have trouble understanding, that line means that a name or classification that something goes by doesnt matter. Saying if a rose were called by another name it wouldnt matter since it would still smell just as good. It is what it is. Call me crazy, but that sounds like it relates to shana and yuji. Yuji may be a mystes and have a fake body but he is still Sakai Yuji. The fact that he is a mystes shouldnt matter in love or life he is who he is. (Mind you that about every character or being looked down on him until he became powerful)
Then again......I may be thinking to hard about this. What are your opinions?
Old 2011-02-20, 12:08   Link #3318
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

This might not provide us with translations but there is this blogger recently that has been posting summaries (pretty detailed ones) of different light novel series, most recently with titles like OreImo, and Kampfer. He has a poll on his blog right now asking what other series would people be interested in seeing getting summaries and Shana is on the list...this is prob the best chance to get ANY english version the novel at this rate so if possible we should let him know people are interested in the series!

You can find that poll here, with luck we may finally be able to experience a little of what this novel has to deliver.

Edit: I heard you cant vote by looking at the archive page, but the poll on the side bar of the site always changes every couple of times when u navigate through the site, I know its a hassle but if it means voting on that poll...if you dont see it, keep trying until it shows up. Thanks.
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)

Last edited by Game8910; 2011-02-20 at 12:44.
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 15:41   Link #3319
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
What? He learns from everyone else finally how to be an utter dick?
Oh I think I didn't explain myselft pretty good
I meant that Pheles gets bad hurted in the battle and when Sakai is about to give the last hit, he gets places changes with Johan and he comes out with a "sacrifice". As Pheles can't live without him (i think) she could sacrifice as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancakes View Post
ANYWAY.....someone previously mentioned romeo and juliet in this conversation. Has anyone noticed that sns not only relates to romeo and juliet, but also makes a lot of referances to it? (Season 1 the quote,Season 2 the parade/chigusa talk) There might be some foreshadowing/hidden messages here. "That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet" is the famous quote that Shana recited in season 1 of the anime. For those of you who have trouble understanding, that line means that a name or classification that something goes by doesnt matter. Saying if a rose were called by another name it wouldnt matter since it would still smell just as good. It is what it is. Call me crazy, but that sounds like it relates to shana and yuji. Yuji may be a mystes and have a fake body but he is still Sakai Yuji. The fact that he is a mystes shouldnt matter in love or life he is who he is. (Mind you that about every character or being looked down on him until he became powerful)
Then again......I may be thinking to hard about this. What are your opinions?
Now that you say it, the phrase that Shana recitated is from Shakespeare (mispelled probably), it may not be related to R&J, but there may be a "fake" ending in which one we see Shana and Yuji dying together as in season 1, and then it rolls up that both are alive somehow. But seriously, if they kill either of them, then J.C. Staff will earn hatters around the world, even if it's the novel's final, they will definitely make a "happy" Original Anime ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
This might not provide us with translations but there is this blogger recently that has been posting summaries (pretty detailed ones) of different light novel series, most recently with titles like OreImo, and Kampfer. He has a poll on his blog right now asking what other series would people be interested in seeing getting summaries and Shana is on the list...this is prob the best chance to get ANY english version the novel at this rate so if possible we should let him know people are interested in the series!

You can find that poll here, with luck we may finally be able to experience a little of what this novel has to deliver.

Edit: I heard you cant vote by looking at the archive page, but the poll on the side bar of the site always changes every couple of times when u navigate through the site, I know its a hassle but if it means voting on that poll...if you dont see it, keep trying until it shows up. Thanks.
Thanks for the URL

Quote:
I hope Giralda gets rid of Yoshida, but at the same time not get rid of her. :S I guess I want her gone because I hate her and ShanaxYuji forever and all, but it's the ending of Shana altogether and I guess I want all the original crew at Misaki High to be together.
Just came with a crazy theory at those words
I think that boths, the Shana and Yuji existences will "dissapear" and won't be noticiable to anyone besides the ones that have being in contact with the FH's and Tomogara's world. It may explain why Chigusa is getting a baby, that would make Sakai's father come back to home and cover the Yuji's absence. Something like a patch to his leave (either dead or runaway with Shana). But I don't hope so. I'd like to see him living in Misaki with Shana.
Old 2011-02-20, 16:45   Link #3320
Blutsauger

Wait...Chigusa hasn't even had her third baby yet? So it hasn't even been 9 months from the end of season 2? Amazing. Anyways, I don't really get your theory SkyFlames, well, I kinda get it so, Giralda has something to do with the users love? hmmm...Nice theory, if you mean that. I guess it makes a little sense. Just a question, I was thinking about Animes in general and if there was a war between animes, technically wouldn't Shakugan no Shana win? I mean, almost anyone can pause time and if you aren't a Mystes, flame Haze, or tomogara or the sorts, you can't move in that Fuzetsu, which sorta pauses time. So wouldn't Shana+crew rape the other animes?

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen