AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-05-25, 14:06   Link #1
ZeppelinJ0
Disabled By Request

Favorite moment in Anime/Manga

Let us know your favorite moment in anime! Can be a scene, when a certain manga was Animeified (;p), anything

Mine is a scene, in Trigun, very first episode! I'll say Vashs crazy antics as a whole, but maybe more specifically when he knocks out one of the big guys lackeys in the canyon and is searching through his body, another lackey comes from behind and Vash throws his gun right at his head (then praising himself, then getting shot at by 5 more and spider-walking away, haha). First anime I ever saw and I was almost on the floor!
ZeppelinJ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-25, 14:49   Link #2
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Hmm... I think there's a thread for this already but I'll play along. ^^

My favorite moment has to be from the Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou OVAs. When Ojisan, Takahiro and Alpha are driving home in the truck after she was released from the hospital and her hair explodes out from under the bandahna. Ojisan and Takahiro try to hold back their laughter but in the end can't as Alpha struggles to get her hair under control.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-25, 17:13   Link #3
Souichiro

In Dragonball z when majin vegeta blows up the crowd that was so cool!!
Souichiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-25, 18:00   Link #4
7thMethuselah

some of my favorite scenes

Love Hina : In the episode where Keitaro makes Motoko dress more womanly, at the end of the episode when she runs away and turn around crying, catching moment

Inu Yasha : the episode where Sesshoumaru uses an arm provided by Naraku to retrieve Tessaiga. The part where Sesshoumaru arrives on his giant youkai is awesome. Also the scene where Kagome's miko arrow cancels Tessaiga's spell.

Ai Yori Aoshi : the scene where Aoi jumps on Kaoru's bed and gets these foxy ears and tail, very cute.

Rurouni Kenshin OVA: the moment he gets the scarr on his face

Stellvia of the Universe : Opening sequence where earth gets fried

actually , so many awesome scenes, too much to mmention actually
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-25, 18:34   Link #5
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

While everyone is entitled to their own "favorite moment of anime," I come to a simpler conclusion:

The first time you saw anime - and fell in love with it.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-25, 20:17   Link #6
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
While everyone is entitled to their own "favorite moment of anime," I come to a simpler conclusion:

you are right.

but, actually, my favorite moment wasn't when I felt in love with anime. Is in Saint Seiya when
Spoiler for Saint Seiya, if you haven't seen it don't open this and BUY it now! :):

I felt in love with anime with, you guess it ^_^, Saint seiya! when
Spoiler for Saint Seiya. buy it now!, is the best:
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-25, 20:58   Link #7
MikoKikyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
Inu Yasha : the episode where Sesshoumaru uses an arm provided by Naraku to retrieve Tessaiga. The part where Sesshoumaru arrives on his giant youkai is awesome. Also the scene where Kagome's miko arrow cancels Tessaiga's spell.
oh yes I feel somewhat tempted to say...all the other episodes Sess was in >< but I'm gonna say the one where he is fighting with sukutsu (?) to retrieve Rin, and then kikyou shows up with the arrow! that was amazing!

The entire episode 8 of Konjiki no Gash Bell which was so hilarious! (the scenes with the nose )

In PMK, the part about Suzu's sister, and how he was changed after she
Spoiler for for PMK:
MikoKikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-25, 21:27   Link #8
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

I've experienced so many great moments in anime that there isn't one that I can call my "favorite". However, because I have bad memory and because I just finished watching a music video of it, this is the one that I think of first:

boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 01:05   Link #9
Kouji
StrykerX

Similar cases
- Zoids' Raven & Naruto's Gaara, after they've witnessed similar events when they were young. They became cynical and they were tragic bent on a mission to destroy whoever gets in their path

Spoiler:
Old 2004-05-26, 02:13   Link #10
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
Hmmm... I always liked the fighting moments on all animes...
Sid_Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 09:48   Link #11
silviachan

Everytime I saw Tacchan in Touch, and when I got kissed by Minami. I really adore Touch!!
silviachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 10:50   Link #12
Zodiac
Anger against the PC

Talking

Magic Moment? Martian Succesor Nadesico!

Can't remember the episode, but picture it: scene - Ruri is explaining some obvious thing to the captain Yurika. Yurika get's some "brilliant" idea, shouts "DASH!" (Great Engrish sound too) and runs of looking for Akito.

Great stuff. Best funny anime ev4r...
Old 2004-05-26, 11:08   Link #13
Suikun

Although there are tons and tons (and I'll probably post more as I think of them) I know that there are two distinct moments that I'd probably call my favorite.

1) In Sailor Moon, the episode where Usagi and Mamoru are riding in the elevator, trapped, on their way to fight against Zoisite and Malakite. The conversation between the two (enhanced by the subtle "we're in for a big fight" nervousness you can hear in the Japanese VA's voices) was simple yet great, and was a great way to build up to the moment when Usagi finally revealed to Mamoru that she was Sailor Moon.

2) Just about everything in my all time favorite anime, Vision of Escaflowne, was amazing, but the part that really sticks out to me was when Hitomi was lying in a grass field, just awakening after being saved by Van after Faulcon's attack on the village they were staying at. Hitomi opens her eyes to see Van standing there, his wings spread way out. It was the first time Hitomi saw that Van had wings, and the way Merle at first desperately tries to protect Hitomi from seeing the wings (because of the hatred of his kind in that world) and the way Van describes his childhood of having those wings - that part always seemed to special to me. It was the point in the anime where I just went, "yeah... this totally kicks ass...".
Suikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 15:17   Link #14
ZeppelinJ0
Disabled By Request

Ohhh I agree with the first time I saw anime... Although Trigun is my first real series I watched, Cowboy Bebop is what turned me on, the very first episode!! It wasn't any scene and it wasn't any character, it was the guitar-blues intro in the first episode that I fell in love with, and I had been thinking all anime was crazy-go-nuts growl-at-each other for 4 episodes DBZ :P
ZeppelinJ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 20:09   Link #15
Ero-Senpai
Hm Otaku Sapiens i think?

i just watched one peice the end of the merman arlong story.

Spoiler:
I have got to say that when luffy was in nami's room and was fighting arlong and arlongs says that nami is his to be used, and luffy went off destroying the room. And when he stands with the light against his back and says " Nami is MY namaki!!"

that was moving for me. i guess if there were any others it would be ai yori aoshi's whole story in anime since i haven't read the manga. females please don't flame me for thinking that having a woman being that devoted to her man is a good thing
if there is a romance scene that can emotionally move a person its all good
Ero-Senpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 21:05   Link #16
Kouji
StrykerX

When those heroes have a change in strength, and that they have overpowered their enemies. Up to the point where they almost kill their enemies.
Old 2004-05-26, 21:17   Link #17
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

so many memories...
probably Hikaru and Athena's fight in Angelic Layer
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-27, 03:05   Link #18
Kyusaku
伝説なアンデッド

Send a message via AIM to Kyusaku
Newest Getter Robo series episode 2.

Hearing Ryoma shout "Getter Tomahawk!" made me squeal and jump out of my chair like a little kid. I don't think any series have given me such a reflex action before. It just came out, I was kinda in shock after doing that. I was like "Whoa, that was weird."
Kyusaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-27, 14:56   Link #19
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980

I fully agree nothing beats that moment, apart from those moments you feel the love is confirmed (in essence everytime you find a new kickass show)
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-27, 15:23   Link #20
Kouji
StrykerX

Star Ocean EX
- Anytime that Claude faces his enemies and he performs his sword attack; "Kuhazan"

Digimon Frontier
- When Kouji & Takuya merge their Digimon spirit together to form the ultimate digimon. That was really cool