AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-15, 09:48   Link #2061
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by zagorakis View Post
Hey guys. So I want to ask about Senjougahara is she in, or at least mentioned in this new novel?
She is in, though just barely as usual She celebrated Valentine's Day with Araragi. She and Hanekawa are helping Araragi in his studies as always. Hanekawa had just arrived in Japan that day from her world wide trip to find Oshino, but Senjougahara suggested that Araragi took some rest instead, and met Hanekawa the next day. Because of Senjougahara we'll have to wait for the next book to hear what's going on
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 06:47   Link #2062
SoKanon

Hi Im new to this thread and site overall. Since I saw the anime series of bakemonogatari I have been interested in how the story would go so I read the LN. The last one I read was Koimonogatari. It was very interesting indeed. But I wonder about the relationship between senjougahara and kaiki. In my opinion from senjougahara's part it was more admiration or appreciation more than romantic feelings. I want to know some of your opinions on that if you dont mind. Have a good day
SoKanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 09:38   Link #2063
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoKanon View Post
The last one I read was Koimonogatari.
Have you read the Japanese text or its translation in another language? (Vietnamese?) The English version is well behind.
Quote:
It was very interesting indeed. But I wonder about the relationship between senjougahara and kaiki. In my opinion from senjougahara's part it was more admiration or appreciation more than romantic feelings. I want to know some of your opinions on that if you dont mind. Have a good day
Kaiki was still many years older than Senjougahara, so a romance of sort was impossible and they both knew it. There is no need to see romance everywhere. I think Kaiki saw himself more like a father figure. Still, Senjougahara certainly knows Kaiki pretty well.
Old 2012-10-16, 09:58   Link #2064
SoKanon

I have read the japanese version and I agree with your thoughts. Thnx for the response

I didnt see romance either but every now and then in forums they tend to say that in the past she might had some feelings thats why asked for opinions here thnx again

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2012-10-16 at 19:40. Reason: Please edit your post and refrain from double posting...
Old 2012-10-16, 11:24   Link #2065
Shikijin

It sure is pleasant to have another person who can follow the series. I' think I'm still the only one who've read Tsuki here. Anyway, I guess the thing about Kaiki has been overblown on the net. I do think those feelings in a different form had existed, but they were more like a fantasy, a dream, nothing serious. I guess it had to do with Kaiki being nice and affable (as a swindler has to be), and Senjougahara trying to prove to be more mature than her age. In the end, though, Senjougahara recognized it as a mistake of her youth, and that's what counts.
Old 2012-10-16, 12:13   Link #2066
SoKanon

Its true what you say. She stated in Nise that she would have fallen in love with anyone who would have saved her and she was lucky the one was araragi. She had positive feelings toward kaiki because out of all the terrible things the cult did to her, she saw a bit of hope in him. thats all there is to it in my opinion. I am going to read as soon as i can Tsuki too. Im a fan of Nisio's work especially this and the manga medaka box. His writing style is very good.
Old 2012-10-16, 20:28   Link #2067
taichi-kun

Shikijin , are you sure about Koyomi celebrating Valentine's day with hitagi? because I read the opposite from another reader here in page 103...

I see you are talking about kaiki, did he appear in tsuki?(or is he mentioned?)

I think the proof that there is no romantic feelings between hitagi/kaiki should be that in koimonogatari nothing romantically happened,right? And they were alone.. chances to do or say something where there.. right? (I don't really know beacuse I don't know japanese,just saying..I only read the summary and I know what hitagi said,the polemic thing )

oh yes, shikijin thanks for the summary

Last edited by taichi-kun; 2012-10-16 at 20:53.
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 00:35   Link #2068
Shikijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi-kun View Post
Shikijin , are you sure about Koyomi celebrating Valentine's day with hitagi? because I read the opposite from another reader here in page 103...
If you read more carefully you could see it was a poster who had yet to read the book
Quote:
I see you are talking about kaiki, did he appear in tsuki?(or is he mentioned?)
He doesn't appear and IIRC he was not even mentioned.
Quote:
I think the proof that there is no romantic feelings between hitagi/kaiki should be that in koimonogatari nothing romantically happened,right?
To all intents and purposes it was a thing of the past, a period where Hitagi was still naive.
Quote:
And they were alone.. chances to do or say something where there.. right?
No, there weren't. It is not socially acceptable for a man past his thirties to be together with a teenager who is not his daugher They couldn't even meet in his hotel room because of this
Old 2012-10-17, 20:45   Link #2069
taichi-kun

Thanks and sorry for the mistake
taichi-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 10:52   Link #2070
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
She is in, though just barely as usual She celebrated Valentine's Day with Araragi. She and Hanekawa are helping Araragi in his studies as always. Hanekawa had just arrived in Japan that day from her world wide trip to find Oshino, but Senjougahara suggested that Araragi took some rest instead, and met Hanekawa the next day.
That's all I want to hear. Thanks!
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 12:24   Link #2071
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Something interesting I thought people should know about the bathing scene
Spoiler:

If only it happened.....if only.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 16:12   Link #2072
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Remind me why his girlfriend hasn't murdered him yet?
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 16:26   Link #2073
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Remind me why his girlfriend hasn't murdered him yet?
Because she can't
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 21:33   Link #2074
theAlmighty
Kami-sama.

Alright, I have a few questions/speculations/etc. and want to see if anyone (hopefully people who read the novels in Japanese) can answer them.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
theAlmighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 23:52   Link #2075
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAlmighty View Post
Alright, I have a few questions/speculations/etc. and want to see if anyone (hopefully people who read the novels in Japanese) can answer them.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I'll answer the first two since I have only completed those ones.

Spoiler:
Old 2012-10-27, 12:23   Link #2076
theAlmighty
Kami-sama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I'll answer the first two since I have only completed those ones.

Spoiler:
Thanks for responding Omimon, this place is getting really quiet. Is there a set release date for the last two novels? And what about the Kizu movie, it's kinda funny how all of these things were originally slotted for 2012.
theAlmighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 15:52   Link #2077
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAlmighty View Post
Thanks for responding Omimon, this place is getting really quiet. Is there a set release date for the last two novels? And what about the Kizu movie, it's kinda funny how all of these things were originally slotted for 2012.
No for the movie and the books.
Old 2012-10-29, 09:20   Link #2078
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

I have a question for those who have read Tsuki.

Spoiler:
Old 2012-10-29, 11:17   Link #2079
Shikijin

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2012-10-29, 22:37   Link #2080
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
I have a question for those who have read Tsuki.

Spoiler:
I thought he used the photo he taken for university exam?

Tags
adventure, comedy, fantasy, harem, nishio, romance