AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2013-03-15, 09:58   Link #10881
Raviel

Wow..............I have no words to express what I think about this chapter.

It's amazing how Mashima has been able to confuse EVERYONE (even the characters themselves) with this reveal.

Now I really have no idea what the hell could possibly happen next, the next chapter can't come fast enough.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 09:58   Link #10882
Raihen
Ancient Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarskylar View Post
Mashima was like "y'all think i'm predictable eh?"

just wish minerva had some part in this.
I wonder if rouge is related to the imp?

And here's... a plot hole? If past rogue lost to gajeel, (without his shadow power up) and that's the future dark rogue predicted, why would dark rogue participate in the fight to begin with if he expected to lose, and losing was part of his prediction that would make the princess believe him? (considering that he didn't expect gajeel to win by lending rogue his power)
Maybe because he wanted for other prediction to come true ? Cause before shadow joined the fight Gajeel was fresh - almost no damage from fight, he just wanted to push Gajeel so he won't jump straight to fight Sting?
Maybe the future events were actually different and he just made the story for princess and helped alter past events for his binding ? That assumption might be true, if this little shadow imp is actually rogue's ? For now we can just speculate, but it's possible.
Raihen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 10:03   Link #10883
ImperialFlameGod8190

its funny cause i said a while back the magic might be eclipse but now this is rather interesting well i wonder what happens next
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 10:05   Link #10884
Raviel

Given Mashima's track record, there's a chance that imp might not even have anything to do with the current arc, heck the whole thing with Raven Tail and whatever Lumen Histoire is could just be saved for another arc.

P.S.: I am going to laugh if Jellal gets involved in some sort of time travel shenanigans to save the current timeline.
Old 2013-03-15, 10:25   Link #10885
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:

And here's... a plot hole? If past rogue lost to gajeel, (without his shadow power up) and that's the future dark rogue predicted, why would dark rogue participate in the fight to begin with if he expected to lose, and losing was part of his prediction that would make the princess believe him? (considering that he didn't expect gajeel to win by lending rogue his power)
Gajeel probably beat Rogue normally. Gajeel only needed to eat shadow to beat powered-up Rogue. The only question is whether Future Rogue actually wanted to beat Gajeel, or wanted to give him a power up.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 10:39   Link #10886
Robotech Master

Could the malevolent shadow and future Rogue actually be two different beings?

Seeing the Shadow draw the soldiers in definitely reminded me...but the reveal of him being future Rogue makes me doubt the connection. As others have pointed out, why offer past Rogue a power up if his intention was for the Princess to witness Fairy Tail win with all members? And if it was to give Gajeel a power up, why make such a disappointed grunt about that being as far as Rogue could go. That sounds like he wanted him to go further...and shouldn't he know what Rogue's limits were if he were future Rogue?

Mavis also didn't recognize the Malevolent Shadow's power, whereas if it was tinged in Zeref power, you'd think she would recognize that. And if not her, then Jellal and co.
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 10:51   Link #10887
GHL

this is what's gonna happen natsu going stare at future rogue then instant KO or he gives up cuz fairy tail always wins
GHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 11:06   Link #10888
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

when I see his siluet... I'm shouting Zeref's name...

but it's Rogue... lol!

what a confusing plot... awesome plan to mess up the past from the future...
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 11:36   Link #10889
Raviel

I'm calling it now.........

Future Lucy: Everyone, we have to back...............back to the future!

On a more serious note, was there ever any hint about how far back in time Future Lucy/Rogue went to get back to the current timeline?

They had to have come back quite a few years because Future Rogue looks like he's had a lot more time to master his Shadow DS magic.
Old 2013-03-15, 11:38   Link #10890
II Maestro

No one predicted that outcome. To think the last day of Grand Magic Games fight has become boring & predictable, And now were back to unpredictable.
Old 2013-03-15, 15:18   Link #10891
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

Quote:
This is why I think that there is a 3rd person from the future.
Old 2013-03-15, 15:30   Link #10892
Taco Bell
Gordita's for Everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHL View Post
this is what's gonna happen natsu going stare at future rogue then instant KO or he gives up cuz fairy tail always wins
not before he friendship speeches the 10000 dragons to death
Taco Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 15:37   Link #10893
mtgowns

Quote:

FT winning it all wasn't necessarily conditional on Gajeel himself winning his battle with Rogue - after all, all five members survived in the end.

Or he did it to weaken Gajeel for posterity.

It will be hard to tell what will happen because we don't really know what is Mashima's beliefs about time traveling and changing the future. I'm personally more of a "Back to the Future" kind of guy, but he could be a "Paycheck" dude - or in other words, he thinks the future can be materially changed.

From what we've got from him so far though, we can expect what we "know" about the future (e.g. castle being destroyed, dragons arriving, a barren wasteland) to happen. Charles' prophecies all have occurred so we should expect more of that at the very least.
mtgowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 16:09   Link #10894
Bern-san

If my memory doesn't fail me, the flashforwards with Levy implied that Gajeel in the future is dead right? I can't wait to see what's going to happen now.
Old 2013-03-15, 16:22   Link #10895
mtgowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
If my memory doesn't fail me, the flashforwards with Levy implied that Gajeel in the future is dead right? I can't wait to see what's going to happen now.
She says they're dead; it doesn't mean they actually die.
mtgowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 20:50   Link #10896
MechR

It's possible Future Rogue only needed Eclipse constructed and charged up on time, and has something else in mind for the grand opening. (Alternatively, if the dragons show up on time (which Future Lucy vouches for), you can bet they'll be hauling out Eclipse in a hurry.)
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 22:04   Link #10897
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
She says some people are dead (at least, to her point of view). She doesn't mention names. People are assuming that means Gajeel. Her "beloved" could also mean she thinks Lucy died, since she and Lucy are quite close. Given that Lucy went back in time, Levi could easily have thought that Lucy died instead of time-traveling.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 22:41   Link #10898
ellessarr
Banned

lol now after watch episode 173 of anime, i finally know why natsu goes so godmode in the fight agains the twin dragons, what happened in this episode is enought to make any manga MC goes completely kratos(god of war)mode and invincible lol

lol going back to last chapter for peoples who say "fairy tail is predicitable" i'm believe who their are now hidden under the bad, lol just a joke, but like already said FT is the type of manga/anime with "the heroes aways wins" then what matter on the fights is not who gonna win but how good the fight was ofcourse competely offscreen fights are lame, however mashima still being amazing when come to make plots and twists you never can really predict what gonna happen (beside the end of the fights) in next chapter and this shadow being a future rogue was completely amazing.

for me was 9/10 this chapter.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 23:19   Link #10899
Pinwheel10
WHOOSH!

Finally the Games are over! I've been wanting the Eclipse side of the story to progress for a long time already. Great chapter, had me at the edge of my seat the whole time. Now my eyes are spinning
Old 2013-03-15, 23:57   Link #10900
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

I wonder if someone merged with Rogue. It looked like Memory-make guy and Rogue did a fusion
but that won't happen lol, it's probably someone else

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen