AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-01-28, 04:33   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 736 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Okay guys, the next summary's out! Credit goes to Redon from AP as well as the folks from Oro Jackson for providing the goods:

Quote:
Script: Ishuhui
Translation: @Divvens of Oro Jackson
- The Final round in the Colosseum begins.
- Diamante who ate the "Hira Hira No Mi" can make people feel like they are flags.
- Luffy, Zoro and Kin'emon have entered the palace.
- Doflamingo is upset after learning the that the "Lucy" in the Colosseum isn't "Luffy" anymore.
- Lao G. has taken care of the Dwarves and Toy Soldier with ease.
- Lao G. mentions that without beating Pica no one can make it near Doflamingo.
- Pica appears in front of Luffy, he is a big rock golem.

Huh, Diamante's power sure sounds odd. It'll be interesting to see how he utilizes it in battle. As for Pica, I'm wondering if he's a rock/stone logia? Apparently, he even appears through a wall when he makes his entrance, after all....

Also, glad to know that Lao G is no pushover, after all. Now we just gotta see some action from Gladius (hopefully in the next chapter)....

Last edited by marvelB; 2014-01-28 at 15:37.
Old 2014-01-28, 15:38   Link #2
marvelB

Alright guys, it may be late, but I updates with the summary!
Old 2014-01-28, 19:04   Link #3
Rainbowman

What does Hira translate to? With the next chapter I bet Zoro and Kinemon deal with Pica so that Luffy could head straight to Doflamingo.
Old 2014-01-28, 19:33   Link #4
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
He makes them.... "feel" like a flag? C-Can't wait to see what that actually means...
Old 2014-01-29, 01:47   Link #5
marvelB

Alrighty, Aohige's summary of the raw is out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
What does Hira translate to?

Turns out that it's an onomatopoeia for a flapping noise. And if I may borrow the explanation of the power from the blue one's summary:

Quote:
He is a "flag-man" who ate the flap-flap fruit. He can turn any solid objects into intangible cloth-like substance.
For example, the cape he flapped at the gladiators, blocking their weapons, is actually made of steel.
But with his ability he can flap it around like a cape.

So basically, Diamante is like a matador in bullfighting, which is very fitting considering that Dressrosa is heavily based on Spain.
Old 2014-01-29, 04:51   Link #6
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Read the Chinese version. Still don't quite understand the Flag power. He appeared to re-shape a metal rapier into flowing ribbons, then re-shaped those ribbons into the shape of a charging bull (following the matador motif), turned it back into steel, and walloped some dudes. The question is whether the power works on living beings...

The fire fruit is allegedly strapped to the back of the strongest fighting fish which actively leaps out of the water to attack contestants. Trouble perhaps for devil fruit users (wondering if Sabo has a devil fruit power...)

Can't believe Doflamingo couldn't recognize that the Lucy in the Colosseum wasn't Luffy. I guess his TV's resolution was too low!

All in all, quite a nice chapter but still largely a set-up chapter...

Last edited by Eleutheria; 2014-01-29 at 05:03.
Old 2014-01-29, 06:40   Link #7
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
The chapter is out. I like the quick pace. Seems like Sabo has a nasty scar on his left eye. And apparently Pica has some kind of stone powers. Shouldn't be too much of a problem though, since Zorro has already cut through steel. I like how Doflamingo is on his edge. Having Luffy come his way is one thing, but Luffy and Zorro ... I like the respect he's showing for their strength.
Old 2014-01-29, 06:45   Link #8
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Diamante's ability doesn't seem too impressive thus far, but he probably has some more tricks up his sleeve. Perhaps manipulating the arena itself? And it's fair to assume he also has advanced combat skills and haki.

Luffy was being typical Luffy I guess, just blasting through rather than taking the stealthy route. Doflamingo looked pretty pissed off when he found out Luffy wasn't in the colliseum anymore.

Bit disappointed at how easily the tontatta got taken out by Lao G, considering their speed, power and numbers. If Lao G is really that powerful, who's going to take him on?

Pica looked pretty imposing, will Zoro and Luffy just blow him away like nothing? Or will Kinemon take him on while the rest moves on? Zoro seems like the obvious matchup for Fujitora while Luffy goes for Doflamingo.
Old 2014-01-29, 06:49   Link #9
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
The chapter is out. I like the quick pace. Seems like Sabo has a nasty scar on his left eye. And apparently Pica has some kind of stone powers. Shouldn't be too much of a problem though, since Zorro has already cut through steel. I like how Doflamingo is on his edge. Having Luffy come his way is one thing, but Luffy and Zorro ... I like the respect he's showing for their strength.
Yep,Thank God people start acknowledging their strength and not just yawn.

Although,when flying to Punk Hazard he was so confident that he can take on all of them.
Old 2014-01-29, 07:47   Link #10
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I'm enjoying Doflamingo's rage face...
finally I didn't see him grinning anymore

Luffy back to be Luffy again... mess up every plans
so we have to wait for another week before seeing Sabo in action...
Old 2014-01-29, 08:13   Link #11
Undertaker

Diamante's ability is actually pretty interesting. Best comparison is probably Tsuru's laundry ability. If it is as this chapter implies, his ability basically gives anything he touch a cloth-like property and he is able to manipulate it afterward. It can be an incredibally useful ability. And a powerful ability depending on what he touchs like say diamond...
Old 2014-01-29, 08:59   Link #12
imza

These are very interesting turn of events, it's not the normal linear progression. It is hard to believe that Pica will really fight both Luffy and Zoro, regardless of how strong he is, he can't be strong enough to take them both.Plus it seems like Diamante would be Zoro's match up (has a sword, presumably second strongest among Mingo's group). However, we also have the admiral so Luffy can't really fight Mingo without someone occupying Fuji.

My prediction will be that whatever fight happens now will be interrupted and the actual match ups will happen later on. However, we may get some good brief fights in the meantime.
Old 2014-01-29, 09:30   Link #13
danielevo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
I'm enjoying Doflamingo's rage face...
finally I didn't see him grinning anymore

Luffy back to be Luffy again... mess up every plans
so we have to wait for another week before seeing Sabo in action...
me enjoying it too, its look like that even doflamingo can't predict Revolutionary action
Old 2014-01-29, 10:21   Link #14
Slayerx

Hmm, for some reason Kinamon has gone missing. Only Luffy, Zoro and Violet are going up against Pica... seems the samurai slipped off at some point, most likely to look for his comrade
Old 2014-01-29, 10:30   Link #15
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

it has to be Kinemon n Violet that will fight Pica because we need zoro to fight fujitora while luffy takes out dofla

imo, something will happen and in the end fujitora will let the straw hats go because he sees how they really are... kinda like smoker
Old 2014-01-29, 10:52   Link #16
ronin myael
lost ronin

never thought i'd see doflamingo get that angry. he usually just puts on an irritating smile.
Old 2014-01-29, 11:01   Link #17
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Could Sabo be blind in one eye? Possible eye-patch wearing character?
Old 2014-01-29, 11:56   Link #18
Belise
Rokushiki User
*Artist

Wait, wouldn't it make more sense if Fujitora just let Dofla duke it out with the strawhats by himself? He could just act like he didn't see anything then take both the loser and the crippled victor as trophies, no? Is that why he's sticking near Dofla?
Old 2014-01-29, 12:30   Link #19
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Nice chapter. I like Diamante's ability; it has the potential to be very versatile. He's going to be quite the troublesome opponent. Honestly, the weak links in the tournament finals are Bartolomeo and Rebecca. They're going to have to collaborate if they want to have a chance at getting the fruit. But I'm hoping that Burgess teaches Bartolomeo a lesson (good way to hype him up). I can just imagine Bartolomeo flaunting his barrier ability as a perfect defense and completely relying on it, only for Burgess to break right through it with just brute strength and destroy him from there. Someone's gotta be the sacrificial lamb, and it might as well be Bartolomeo. He'll go down first.

It looks like Doflamingo is starting to panic. We all know that's the beginning of a villain's downfall. Gotta love Luffy causing a ruckus as usual .
Old 2014-01-29, 15:25   Link #20
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
How strong does everyone think Pica and Trebol are? Who do you think will take Trebol out?