AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-03, 13:24   Link #81
Homura7

I'm 99% sure Shirley lied. She probably saw that Luffy is the trigger for why Fishman Island will end up being destroyed.
Old 2011-11-03, 13:35   Link #82
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

If Hody still lives after all these special attacks, his stamina must be Whitebeard/Blackbeard/Kuma/Lucci level.Too bad immortality alone wont do him any good.
Old 2011-11-03, 14:26   Link #83
marvelB

^Actually, I'd say Hody's stamina is more comparable to Awakened Zoans (or Usopp/Spandam ) than the typical GL superpowers.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
I don't think there will be "time" involvements in this series,Oda's much better than that...

Why not? Frankly, DF powers in general defy logic as it is, so I see no reason why Oda couldn't make a time-based power work. Unless you think that Oda would suddenly pull a Bleach and have Blackbeard become some wacky troll of a villain like Aizen/Tsukishima? I already pointed out Jojo in my last post (as well as billions of times before then), which does an awesome job of handling time powers (well, not so much King Crimson, but that's a matter of personal taste).

Which reminds me: I pointed out the possibility of Blackbeard "evolving" his powers in a manner similar to Pucci in my last post. I now realize that the comparison is even more fitting since Teach, much like Pucci, also has a gravity-type power (even if the darkness fruit works differently from C-Moon).
Old 2011-11-03, 16:44   Link #84
Undertaker

Ah, JoJo, that's an awesome series especially with its structure and concept of supernatural power Star Platinum is still my favorite stand.

Why can't we having "time" manipulation type of power?

I mean so far we already Bonney whose DF power seems to allow her to manipulate age, not to mention we are (potentially) hinted with the mention of tamatebako in this arc.
Old 2011-11-03, 17:57   Link #85
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
I mean so far we already Bonney whose DF power seems to allow her to manipulate age, not to mention we are (potentially) hinted with the mention of tamatebako in this arc.
The Tamatebako is likely but very, very likely...

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2011-11-03, 18:43   Link #86
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
The Tamatebako is likely but very, very likely...

Spoiler for spoiler:
How can you say it's "very very likely" when the thing hasn't even been mentioned in a while...and what has been said about it relates to age alteration (not to mention the RL myth)

Actually betting it would be Bonney's DF, which she somehow got some time before.
Old 2011-11-03, 18:54   Link #87
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
How can you say it's "very very likely" when the thing hasn't even been mentioned in a while...and what has been said about it relates to age alteration (not to mention the RL myth)

Actually betting it would be Bonney's DF, which she somehow got some time before.
Simple. The box is called "Urashima Casket". Anyone who has read the tale knows how it relates to this ornament. Like I said in a previous post of mine, overdose makes you go old in exchange for huge amounts of strenght, or rather, it shaves your life away. And during Hody's flashback we can see how the white shark, still a royal soldier, takes out a bag full with something his comrades describe as "legendary".

Vander Decken's underlings were most likely misinformed. It relates to age alteration, yeah, but not in the way you expected at first. To me it makes perfect sense.

That said, this is just a theory for now, but I would be really surprised if it turned out to be something else. Anyway, it's just a matter of time before we get a definite answer.
Old 2011-11-03, 20:14   Link #88
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

They grow old because...their hair turns white?

Sure.........why not
Old 2011-11-03, 22:04   Link #89
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

How about...

ES Pills give you enormous strength by aging you instantly, and giving you all the combined strength you WOULD have gained in those years you lost.
That way, the pills "shaving your life off" doesn't contradict either.

Eh? EH? (Metro-man impression)
Old 2011-11-03, 22:56   Link #90
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

we're nearing the end of FI arc and i am still wondering if Noah's really something more than an ark. Hody's not down yet it seems. he's still got one desperate attack to come and luffy's just gonna own him again anyway. lol

and lastly, WTF?! ANOTHER BREAK??! HUH?! ok,ok, oda, i understand you need rest but it's so dull w/o a new OP chapter DX

..I'm excited about next arc. NEW WORLD, HERE WE GO!!!
Old 2011-11-04, 01:11   Link #91
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
we're nearing the end of FI arc and i am still wondering if Noah's really something more than an ark.
Considering that the great weapons of the past are getting erased from the history in one way or another, as the Strawhats get stronger, no need to worry about that part. Regardless of its original purpose, it will most likely be gone soon enough, opening a new era for everyone involved.
Old 2011-11-04, 01:23   Link #92
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Why can't we having "time" manipulation type of power?
Didn't we already have this power? Remember Foxy…
Old 2011-11-04, 05:16   Link #93
Undertaker

Good catch, I totally forgot about Foxy, his DF is in a sense a time manipulation power as well.
Old 2011-11-04, 10:17   Link #94
marvelB

Foxy's power wasn't really a time-based one, though. It merely slowed things down for half a minute, not slow down time itself. Really, what I had in mind for Blackbeard was something more along the lines of Jojo stand powers like The World or Killer Queen's Bites the Dust power-up ("freezing" and "resetting" time, respectively).

Also..... I thought I'd once again put in another shameless plug for the SBS thread, in case anyone missed it. Some very interesting info's been posted there (particularly a certain marine-related tidbit).....
Old 2011-11-04, 10:27   Link #95
Kallen4life

I'm against any time-based powers (at least cheap opne's like stopping time), much less for BB who's strong as it is
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2011-11-04, 10:58   Link #96
marvelB

^Think of it this way, though: If Blackbeard is able to freeze time, maybe he'll finally learn to dodge attacks for a change.
Old 2011-11-04, 11:23   Link #97
Kallen4life

he has good reactions, can whip up the black stuff in front of him to suck it in (Black Vortex I think) or can just quake whatever is coming at him

or better yet - quake it before it can launch an attack

.. or just tank ^^
We are Blackwatch
Old 2011-11-04, 13:08   Link #98
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Actually BB is rather unique in One Piece top tier villains since he takes every attack like a boss instead of dodging. Only seen WB do this and he did it well.

so if he suddenly started dodging everything...it would be kinda lame imo :|
Old 2011-11-04, 13:28   Link #99
Kallen4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Actually BB is rather unique in One Piece top tier villains since he takes every attack like a boss instead of dodging. Only seen WB do this and he did it well.

so if he suddenly started dodging everything...it would be kinda lame imo :|
agreed
We are Blackwatch
Old 2011-11-04, 14:29   Link #100
marvelB

Well, technically, I'd say CP9 counts as villains who had a tendency to tank attacks (true, they were all speedy opponents, but they were also fond of spamming Tekkai).

And the only reason Whitebeard didn't dodge attacks was because he was a sick old man..... Marco even pointed that out during the war, remember? If he were in his prime, I'm sure he'd have been zigzagging around those marines easily.....

And going back to Blackbeard: I don't disagree that taking attacks like a champ makes him awesome, but I'd kinda prefer that he didn't become as much of a punching bag as a certain drug-addicted sharkman.
Closed Thread