AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2017-05-01, 07:15   Link #38781
4th Dimension

Well, let's see recent reactions during the thrawl:

Chapter 35 of Future Tense: WTF, WTF, WTF. Although I have a feeling this is probably another fakeout. It's unlikely that the sim would have been set up this way. But Stern has been lurking in the shadows for a long time.

Spread Thin by darkcurse - another Fate is messed up in mind form a member of the angst brigade. This one actually has a positive conclusion.

Also more Daily activity Logs, which is allways great.

Oh and I forgot to mention this one long ago: Vividly - Satashi and Shining sword remake/retitle the Vivid manga pages with their own UNIQUE take on the manga.

Last edited by 4th Dimension; 2017-05-01 at 08:04.
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-14, 05:46   Link #38782
4th Dimension

Okay, it's June 2011 and the thread has been infected by the teenage Vivio crushing on Hayate idea. It's ... quite interesting. Deathcurse of all people seems to be writting the best fic dealing with the idea:

First there came two shorts setting things up:
You Never Lose by Loving
Lose by Holding Back
And then the main one came.
Prerogative of the Brave

BTW parts of it happen on Earth since that is where Hayate flees once Vivio tells her she likes her hoping it would blow over soon. Unfortunately for her Nanoha chooses to take a family vacation with Fate and Vivio just then and "just so happens to go back to her home planet". She totally is not letting Hayate flee from her daughter.
Anyway one of the interesting things is the fact that the rest of the Takamachi is there, so we get to see teenage more experienced Vivio interact with Miyuki and such. Including wrestiling with her.

Which makes me think, they could totally do a segment in Vivid of them going to Earth. Sure Takamachi's know no magic, but they do know techniques, and that is what it was all about in Lufen arc it seems.

And of coruse there is Mozco's UNIQUE take on the situation as usual: Alternative Viewpoint.
Old 2017-05-19, 16:18   Link #38783
4th Dimension

This one is technically part of the Shadowverse, but it's pretty standalone.

It's about how 18+ Vivio got her reputation for sexual prowess.... much alcohol, bragging and an intercom for the entire TSAB HQ base was involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
... I'm not sure if I should be ashamed or proud. Either way, my second contribution to the Shadowverse has just landed.

Spoiler for Intercom:
Choice quote:
Quote:
Vivio leaned forward, preparing the ultimate statement to prove her supreme adulthood once and for all. Her left hand clicked a small button in the corner of her desk as she did so.

This will be important shortly.

“You wanna know what I did?” Vivio said, her voice seeming to boom from the very heavens with authority. Really, really booming. Way louder than it should have been.

“I,” Vivio proclaimed in a tone that brooked no argument. “Had shex.”

In her office, Lutecia’s head shot up from requisition form 335-B at the quite sudden and unusually unwelcome sound of her girlfriend over the HQ intercom system.

“ ‘S right!” Vivio proclaimed over the loudspeaker, for the entire HQ to hear. “Shex. Because I am a growned woman. With urgesh.”

“No way.” Came the voice of Rio Wesley.

“Hee hee hee… eleffant.” Said a voice that might have been Vivio's other friend Corona, and might have been a monkey on nitrous oxide.

“ ‘S true! Shex! Shexy shexy shex! With a pershon!” Vivio proclaimed.
Old 2017-05-22, 15:27   Link #38784
4th Dimension

First is a case of KAISER RAIDER vs Hayate on rampage silliness:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentOutlaw View Post
While I should be updating something, I've decided to post a fic instead. Crack levels are high, be warned.

Spoiler for I Wanna Go!:

I don't know what I was thinking....
The second is a Yuuno centric short:
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
Hehehe, some ficcage!

So 00-Raiser and I settled that we both technically won and lost the bet , so we're both writing a fic for the other person .

My fic condition was to write a story where Yuuno has a straight romantic relationship that ends happily. Now, the last part made it tough for me to think up of ideas, so this final idea I came up with may not exactly fit the conditions, but hopefully it's entertaining enough! ^^

(It's a fairly well-tread idea, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone else had done it before ).

Spoiler for Training Wheels:
Quote:
He slapped his hand on his thigh, exclaiming, “I’m a lesbian's training wheels. All the girls I go out with eventually break up with me and then promptly go date other girls!”
LOL
Old 2017-05-23, 09:16   Link #38785
lyrical dark mage

LOL.
Poor Yuuno, this reminds me of when I made my friend watch the first episode of Nanoha, I'll never forget that look she gave me when I told her Yuuno was a boy.
lyrical dark mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-23, 16:25   Link #38786
Twi

I shouldn't have laughed as much as I did. But... Teana was never going to go for anyone other than Subaru. Shamal though... I could see it.
Old 2017-05-24, 05:01   Link #38787
lyrical dark mage

It kind of makes me mad that no one does a fanfiction of triangle heart it's really awesome (you should watch it if haven't)
Old 2017-05-24, 13:39   Link #38788
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

There's one story somewhere in here that involves a lot of ToraHa elements, actually. There's also radiantbeam's Moonlight on Steel fic, which is a crossover with Tsukihime that also involves some ToraHa elements.
Old 2017-05-24, 16:38   Link #38789
4th Dimension

I think Nyna's Relationship fics, the thing he was writing before fully dedicating himself to bolting Slayers and Nanoha together worked a lot with the Earth crew. Not so much Trieangle Hearts events.

Isn't Triangle Hearts kind of hentai like a lot. Coz I have seen some images....
Old 2017-05-24, 17:31   Link #38790
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yeah, it was an H-game visual novel.

The story I was thinking of wasn't Nanya's fic, but rather one by Kaijo, I believe--it focused on Arisa and Suzuka. Relationships DID have some ToraHa elements though.
Old 2017-05-24, 18:55   Link #38791
4th Dimension

That would probably be Crysis I think, since there Arisa and Suzuka are one of the protagonists, which then later leads to a fic about those two plus bunch of second stringers using golems/mecha to help integrate Earth into TSA.
And also it spawned Kaijo's own kind of Slice of Life epilogue to Crysis, that featured among other things YuuNanoFate.

But neither of those are really TH. They use the backstoryes and that is it.
There are a bunch of other ones that use the same. Basically whenever Earth stuck characters are more centric to the story, the TH gets brought in to buff Nanoha's siblings and muggle friends. And of course to add motivations to the characters.

Like the DC's Takamachi and Harlown records I postet couple of times uses the extended Takamachi-Fuwa (was it?) familly for some of the scenes and to explain Nanoha's behaviour.

Nanya's Slayers crossover also used parts, since it upgraded Nanoha's siblings by giving them magic swords and the familly is more important since Momoko is Lina Inverse.

I mean even the fic I recently linked about Vivio/Hayate, since it happens on Earth, nods that the Miyuki is continuing the "familly business".
Old 2017-05-24, 20:02   Link #38792
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Nah, it wasn't related to Kaijo's Crysis series, it was standalone. You'll come across it eventually. I might be mistaken on the author, but it's definitely in here somewhere.
Old 2017-05-25, 05:57   Link #38793
4th Dimension

Ahh a proper fighty Vivio fic. It's short and mostly combat, but it's good and also interesting to see the ideas about adult Vivio and her fighting style before Vivid came and ... I won't complain about it here.

Anyway
Admittedly One of the Better Excuses - Part 1
Admittedly One of the Better Excuses - Part 2

And when I say good, I mean really good. It ate alive Vivid's attempts at fights IMO.
Old 2017-05-27, 10:45   Link #38794
lyrical dark mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
I think Nyna's Relationship fics, the thing he was writing before fully dedicating himself to bolting Slayers and Nanoha together worked a lot with the Earth crew. Not so much Triangle Hearts events.

Isn't Triangle Hearts kind of hentai like a lot. Coz I have seen some images....
yes the game is an eroge game after all but the 4 episodes OVA barely have any hentai it's a really cool OVA mostly focusing on the plot really and the fights are awesome, watch this amv it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQPtB0pc9HA&t=123s
Old 2017-05-30, 02:32   Link #38795
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Btw, still writing. Can't guarantee anything consistent in the way of updates, but I'm trying.

Spoiler for Altered Course Chapter 3:

It'll be a bit before it's posted to FF.net. Needs some polish still.
Old 2017-05-30, 23:52   Link #38796
DKN117

Just throwing out a pair of fic ideas that have sprouted in my head, see what people think and if anybody wants to make fics out of them, go ahead because I don't know how to make them into full fics (and I'm busy writing three other stories already).

First, what if at some point during (or right before?) the events of StrikerS, Teana and Erio developed a close sibling-like relationship, with the prickly and standoffish girl finding herself becoming a protective and loving big-sister figure towards "the sweet little baby brother I never had"?

This second one... Well, here's the synopsis, straight from my brain.
"Fate Testarossa's life had taken a strange turn, but she didn't exactly mind this new development. While tracking a Jewel Seed for Mother, she'd slipped through some kind of rift. There, she'd met him. He was tall and weird-looking, and his energy signature felt like it had traces of two other people's mixed in it, and he was a little scary and stoic. But as he'd taken her under her wing, she'd learned that he was a noble, honorable, kind-hearted man with great wisdom. He treated her with such gentle kindness; she imagined that this must be what having a father was like.

And he was strong, so strong... He was teaching her so many powerful and useful techniques, better ways to fight. His friends were strong and kind, too, helping her in little ways as well. Perhaps with this new power, she would be able to accomplish her mission better, maybe finally make Mother smile again... Fate had become stronger, and found a little spark of happiness, all thanks to this person named Piccolo."

(Imagine Fate being trained by this guy, maybe someday even learning the Special Beam Cannon... And, more importantly, imagine Piccolo going full Papa-Wolf on Precia...)
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-31, 01:00   Link #38797
4th Dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Btw, still writing. Can't guarantee anything consistent in the way of updates, but I'm trying.

Spoiler for Altered Course Chapter 3:

It'll be a bit before it's posted to FF.net. Needs some polish still.
Funnily enough you "just" posted Collared back in 2011 from my PoV.
Anyway I read the previous chapters on FF and this one and I have to say I'm intrigued. Well I'm more intrigued because things will go differently in TOS and I want to see where that​goes. I'm less intrigued by so far OP antagonist, but then again I'm not familiar with the source he is from, so that is on me.

I do have two small nitpicky corrections lore wise.

1: Mana: Lore wise the linker core doesn't consume mana from the enviroment but mana stored in mage. Hell in Strikers they even talk about mage foods. This also has a consequence on how SLB works since there is only spent mana floating in the enviroment which is why it's not used to start fights.
Then again this is TOS where the officiql reason for Yuuno's underperformance was I think that he has not acclimatized to local (Earth) mana conditions or something.

2: The way Yuuno explains his predicament makes it seem like he fell to the first Jewled Seed he ran into. When in fact he was able to colect like 2-3 before that Jewled Seed monster got a drop on him. This explains how Nanoha was able to still be in the game numbers wise once Fate showed up since untill Artha showed up Fate was taking most of the ones they fought over.

As I said largely nitpicks, but I want to see where this goes.

Now let's hope I didn't make too many spelling screwups since I'm posting this from phone.
Old 2017-05-31, 01:36   Link #38798
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Well, mana CAN be pulled from the environment, as StrikerS mentions that's how the Cradle achieves air superiority, by achieving orbit and drawing mana from Mid-childa's twin moons. I imagined linker cores can function in a similar manner. Also IIRC the description I used on the Linker Core was from the movie. Can I get a source on the linker core comments? Episode numbers, etc would be helpful for me looking into it.

For jewel seed amounts, I don't recall him mentioning he'd collected others, but I do remember the movie upping the Seed count for the first encounter.
Old 2017-05-31, 09:13   Link #38799
4th Dimension

Jewled seeds. I was wrong, but not by a lot. At about 14:40 in Ep 02 of TOS as Yuuno is explaining the Jewled seeds he mentions that so far he has only found two JSs. One would be the one he presumably recovered and the other was one that Nanoha saved him from.
Ughh I had to endure listening to the Nanoha's VA in the dub untill I managed to thankfully switch back to JP. That was rough.

As for mana, LKs and food, according to the dictionary (since it's easiest to search):
Quote:
Linker Core
As the name suggests, an organ in a mage’s (knight’s) body which works to link and manifest Mana generated within themself. The disposition of a mage thus depends on their Linker Core, and currently any analysis of a mage’s abilities are done by examining the Linker Core.
Quote:
Magic
In this world, magic is prepared as “programs”, and arias or concentration are used as triggers for activation. Magic users set these programs within themselves or in a Magic Activation Complex to perform magic. Mana (magic power), the energy used to activate magic, is generated from within the user’s body, and the nature and capacity of this energy differs between people. People who undergo training and master magic are called “mages.” From disaster relief to investigations, mages are active in a variety of settings.
As for Cradle, apparently it wasn't that Cradle was draining moons for mana but their position boosts certain spells. I mean I could construct a headcannon based on this, but it's weak as proofs go:
Quote:
Orbital point
The Two Moons that orbit around Midchilda were said from ancient times to have Magical Powers, and would have affects upon the usage of Mana. Today, it is common belief that the moons' position has little means to affect the Mana upon the ground level, which is supported by the experiences of the Mages themselves, but some experiments done at (Midchildan? - AT) orbit shows that some specific types of Magical Spells do get deeply affected by the Moons' position. Thus, the Cradle must be using such special Mana Manipulation... is the result of the investigation done by Yuuno.

As for the food, I'm thinking it's probably refferenced in StrikerS manga, as a way to handveawe Erio and Subaru's tendency to consume food by cartload. This is the closest I have found in the dictionary:
Quote:
Limited Restriction Lifting
Mages that get involved in Crime or other clandestine activities tend to place restrictions upon themselves during day to day activities. This is because a too large an amount of Mana tends to be picked up by Sensors, along with operating in such a state requires a much larger amount of Energy Supplies required to say Functional (which usually means things such as Food), forcing them to resupply more often. Therefore, they place restrictions upon themselves during day-to-day action, and lifts this restriction when they need to release the full amount of Mana that they can deploy.
BTW you are probably aware, but since you are writing about events on Earth this might potentially become relevant:
Quote:
Originally Posted by A's dictionary
Disposition of Magic
Generally speaking, inhabitants of worlds where magic is not recognized do not have Linker Cores, and if they do, they are extremely small. Due to this, they cannot touch magic nor respond to telepathic communication. The likes of Nanoha and Graham were born with Linker Cores. These are abrupt mutations unrelated to genes or heredity, and it seems that the probability of these abrupt mutations occurring on Nanoha and company's world is fairly high.
Old 2017-05-31, 12:57   Link #38800
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Much appreciated. A quick check through the movie, however, did claim that Linker Cores can draw mana from the environment, describing it akin to breathing. "Inside the heart of every mage, including both me and you, there is a magic generating organ called a Linker Core. Imagine that you're breathing in with your Linker Core, collecting and condensing the magic in the air. That is magic application."

It's like a constant, low-powered Starlight Breaker in that sense. Seems now there's conflicting sources, and the one I used is more recent and more easily accessible.

Your remark about food is detailed in the StrikerS 3rd DVD booklet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikerS DVD Booklet
For mages, Mana in the atmosphere is linked together in an organ, the “Linker core”, and stored within their body. For quick replenishment, a balanced diet consisting of sugars, carbohydrates and proteins is essential, as are a variety of vitamins and minerals to maintain a healthy body. Therefore out of necessity, mages undergoing hard training during their early growth period eat a much larger diet compared to an ordinary person. Furthermore, pasta and other noodle-type foods are easily digested, so these types of food, known as 「Loading Foods」, are loved by many mages, since they allow for quick energy and Mana replenishment.

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha