AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2009-10-03, 05:02   Link #20201
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Caps shouldn't matter, and yes it is a Zelda reference.
If that's the case, then I demand request a lightning bolt effect for the background during the part where she's labeled as "Thief." (I was going to ask anyway, but since it was pointed out...)

*e*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
I agree. We also need more of Computer Loli. She is even funier. Any change of her showing again?
Unfortunately, she's on the other side... best we can hope for now is a Haruki interlude where she just happens to be in the scene.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 05:06   Link #20202
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Yes, we are going to need a variable here. Let's call it "Samaritan".

I'll probably need to make it a requirement for Kyonko's route or something, then...
Errr, probably a bad idea. To get her route you would have to be to be a jerk to her first and then be nice latter. Kinda hard to figure out by yourself. There is a trope for this.

Quote:
Caps shouldn't matter, and yes it is a Zelda reference.
Old games love using caps when it is not necessery. I remember always renaming my pokemons with the same name, just to not be caped. Anyway, I just feel 'THIEF" woul give more a 'feeling' of old gameboy game reference. It don't really matter.

Quote:
And here I was, expecting lots of criticism from you.
Oh, well, it was a good scene. Also, you suspiciously avoided my sole criticism: Why Kyonko denyed being Kyon if she was going to tell him last night? (other them plot convenience).

Well, I guess this can be explaned in a Kyonko scene latter. It is kinda hard to explain here, since it is from Kyon's POV.

Also, I am now curious about how it will be the next scene. It was suppose to be just the regular 'walking home' right? But now he is going to a completely different place.

PP:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Unfortunately, she's on the other side... best we can hope for now is a Haruki interlude where she just happens to be in the scene.
Yeah, I know. Maybe in a happy ending latter? She is too funny to not appear again.
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 05:10   Link #20203
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Errr, probably a bad idea. To get her route you would have to be to be a jerk to her first and then be nice latter. Kinda hard to figure out by yourself. There is a trope for this.
Oh come on, it's the final route normally. It's not like visual novels can be difficult...

Quote:
Old games love using caps when it is not necessery. I remember always renaming my pokemons with the same name, just to not be caped. Anyway, I just feel 'THIEF" woul give more a 'feeling' of old gameboy game reference. It don't really matter.
Consistency.

Quote:
Oh, well, it was a good scene. Also, you suspiciously avoided my sole criticism: Why Kyonko denyed being Kyon if she was going to tell him last night? (other them plot convenience).
Itsuko specifically instructed her not to tell anyone who they were, and Kyonko herself really doesn't want to drag, er, herself into all this.

Quote:
Also, I am now curious about how it will be the next scene. It was suppose to be just the regular 'walking home' right? But now he is going to a completely different place.
No, he's still going home. They'll separate halfway.

Quote:
Yeah, I know. Maybe in a happy ending latter? She is too funny to not appear again.
Danchou has this thing called "Survivors" that stars the Seitenkan characters who get little to no screentime in the game proper.

If he wants to he can post about it here.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 05:12   Link #20204
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
Had to do it with someone.

Quote:
Because he clearly wasn't believing it. Alternately, it's funnier this way.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-10-03, 05:23   Link #20205
Heatth

Quote:
Oh come on, it's the final route normally. It's not like visual novels can be difficult...
But then, what happen if you go for her route but did be nice to her in the first place (like anyone who was going to try her route)? You get a bad end? This seens kinda unfar.

PP: Wait, there aren't, like, 3 routes after that?

Quote:
Consistency.
? Anyway, I am going to stop arguing here. It don't really matter. And the reference still work both ways.

Quote:
Itsuko specifically instructed her not to tell anyone who they were, and Kyonko herself really doesn't want to drag, er, herself into all this.
Well, t make sence. Shouldn't be a good idea adding a few lines in a previous scene then?

Quote:
No, he's still going home. They'll separate halfway.
Oh, this is boring. Anyway, at last the begining of that Walking Home Alone should be different. However, looking in the flowchart, it seen there are three different Walking Home Alone... And a Walking Home- Girl A. Oh, well.

Quote:
Danchou has this thing called "Survivors" that stars the Seitenkan characters who get little to no screentime in the game proper.

If he wants to he can post about it here.
I know about that. I still don't have idea about how we are going to do that. Seen too megalomaniac. I hope we can finish it, tough.

Quote:
Had to do it with someone.
Good point. However, the secret routes alread have some very hard to figure out requirement.
Old 2009-10-03, 05:39   Link #20206
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
But then, what happen if you go for her route but did be nice to her in the first place (like anyone who was going to try her route)? You get a bad end? This seens kinda unfar.

PP: Wait, there aren't, like, 3 routes after that?
Final one of the girl routes, I should say.
Old 2009-10-03, 17:06   Link #20207
Nanao-kun
ナナオーくん

Quote:
The look in her eyes are telling me I should probably scrutinizing her.
Just being a little nit picky here Kaisos. Also downloading the digimon movies.
Old 2009-10-03, 18:21   Link #20208
scify
Sometimes minor editor

Send a message via MSN to scify
Quote:
Final one of the girl routes, I should say.
So Kaisos is the one who broke the forums... hmm...

What exactly is the order of the routes? I must admit I'm confused... Obviously, the individual girls' routes are first, but what about after that?
Shadow takes all.
scify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-03, 18:45   Link #20209
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by scify View Post
So Kaisos is the one who broke the forums... hmm...

What exactly is the order of the routes? I must admit I'm confused... Obviously, the individual girls' routes are first, but what about after that?
This restriction is removed for the demo release, but at the beginning you only have a choice between "Alien", "Time Traveler", and "Esper".

Only after you beat those can the "God(?)" and "Co-Operation" routes be accessed.

And then, once those are beaten, "True" is accessible.
Old 2009-10-03, 18:51   Link #20210
Nanao-kun
ナナオーくん

Quote:
This restriction is removed for the demo release, but at the beginning you only have a choice between "Alien", "Time Traveler", and "Esper".

Only after you beat those can the "God(?)" and "Co-Operation" routes be accessed.

I wonder how the true route will be received.
Old 2009-10-03, 18:56   Link #20211
scify
Sometimes minor editor

Quote:

What about Hijack and Final?
Shadow takes all.
Old 2009-10-03, 18:59   Link #20212
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by HikariNiwa View Post
I wonder how the true route will be received.
Do you even know what True is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scify View Post
What about Hijack and Final?
Like I said before, this forum needs an awesomeface smiley.
Old 2009-10-03, 19:11   Link #20213
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
If that's the case, then I demand request a lightning bolt effect for the background during the part where she's labeled as "Thief." (I was going to ask anyway, but since it was pointed out...)

*e*

Kyonko (Girl A)'s face darkens along (-_-) with a lightning bolt effect
Old 2009-10-03, 19:25   Link #20214
ryanasaurus0077
Nostalgia Critic's #1 fan

Quote:
...this forum needs an awesomeface smiley.
I agree with Kaisos 100%: an awesome smiley is needed.
Old 2009-10-03, 21:00   Link #20215
Heatth

Quote:

And you got a bad end if you try "God(?)" or "Co-Operation" before the time right? Now I think on it, the +20 lock will still be there even when you can't do Kyonko's route? If so, it is kinda cruel.
Old 2009-10-03, 21:23   Link #20216
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Should at least cure Kyon of his ponytail fetish.
Old 2009-10-04, 06:56   Link #20217
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Like I said before, this forum needs an awesomeface smiley.
Have mine:

Anyway, job yet again, Kaisos. There was something...

...oh yeah, I wanted to ask a pretty old question; is there an on-screen indicator of the one narrating?
Joe4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 07:43   Link #20218
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

As far as I can tell, the only time someone else narrates is when it's something Kyon doesn't know about. As a result, it should be fairly obvious who the narrator is at any given time.
Old 2009-10-04, 08:26   Link #20219
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
As far as I can tell, the only time someone else narrates is when it's something Kyon doesn't know about. As a result, it should be fairly obvious who the narrator is at any given time.
And what about when Kyonko narrates? Of course, by now the differences are fairly obvious, but in earlier parts (especially when the POV goes back and forth in rapid succession) it was more or less a guessing game (well, for me anyway); that's why I was asking if an indicator would be included.
Joe4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 10:07   Link #20220
scify
Sometimes minor editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe4evr View Post
And what about when Kyonko narrates? Of course, by now the differences are fairly obvious, but in earlier parts (especially when the POV goes back and forth in rapid succession) it was more or less a guessing game (well, for me anyway); that's why I was asking if an indicator would be included.
Between universe switches I think we're going to get the TV static effect, so it'll be pretty obvious when one narrator stops and the other begins.
Shadow takes all.

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan