Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-04-16, 09:09   Link #4741
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
As of volume 13, I would say that Hestia may have the highest chance of endign up with Bell compared to anyone else. What happens in volume 8 and the way she manages to have Bell recognise that a relationship between a God and a mortal isn't a bad thing at all means that she breached a barrier between him and her that was always hindering any romantic progress between the two.
It's been 5 volumes since then, and no romantic developments between them. It's true that Hestia got Bell to recognize relationships between deities and mortals, but I read that as him accepting that love in a maternal way, not a romantic one.

Quote:
Sure, Bell is still in love with Ais, but there's no progress with that
Seriously?

Quote:
rather, it's going a bit backward even with the Hestia familia being at odds with Loki familia on the very important matters of Xenos and Knossos.
Ais literally had Wiene dead to rights, and she decided to spare her, which was a huge character moment for her. Plus, there was that scene between Ais and bell at the end of Volume 11. That was a subtle, but important development for their relationship.

In fact, Loki Familia more or less isn't even really at odds with them on that issue anymore either.

Quote:
If Bell were to ultimately renounce to Ais, Hestia is by far currently the potential partner with the highest odds.
Honestly, I think if Bell did fall out of love with Ais, Syr would win instead. That girl knows what she's doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadmos1 View Post
@Endscape: Naruto barely interacted with Hinata. Sure, he liked her but he could have interacted with her more.
Naruto barely had any romance in it, but what little romantic development there was, Naruto and Hinata had it. That's why we got a whole movie just for that.

Quote:
Yes, Sakura had her faults but at least she had more of a better-developed and reciprocated relationship with him.
That relationship was as friends.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-16, 11:00   Link #4742
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Reminder Sakura admitted he loved the guy who minutes before tried to stab her with a sword.

Also, as far as I gone with the LN I agree with Hestia having the upper hand at the moment. Until something really big happens between him and Aiz I doubt it will go anywhere.
I'm personally a Ryuu shipper, hopefully next volume is more about her than the oracle.
Old 2018-04-16, 11:09   Link #4743
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
It's been 5 volumes since then, and no romantic developments between them. It's true that Hestia got Bell to recognize relationships between deities and mortals, but I read that as him accepting that love in a maternal way, not a romantic one.
The last 5 volumes have been too hectic for ANY romantic development to happen with anyone, Ais included. Meaning, romantically it's still at the 8th volume, except Ais got it worse.
There hasn't been progress with Ais since far longer than 5 volumes, yes. Especially compared to the huge progress Hestia did in volume 8.

Ais sparing didn't change a damn thing about the fact that Finn's goals and Hestia familia's goals are currently clashing, which means not helping /collaborating with each other. Bell isn't training with Ais any more either, his current sparing partner is Ryu and it has been the case for several volumes.

With the current arc being Ryu's arc, i don't see this changing, as it should rather make those two closer (would be surprised if it goes the other way, but hey, I guess that can happen as well).

So of the few links between Ais and Bell (training together) is currently severed, and so is "both familia collaborating" as well. So YES, the situation between Ais and Bell is currently as its worst ever.

Syr seems to be a good person, but her background is a bit too shady for her own good. She's hiding a lot from Bell.

And Loki familia IS at odds with Hestia familia. This will never change on both subjects because their objective is fundamentally opposite and neither Bell nor Finne will go back on those position, as it's too important for both of them.
As long as Xenos don't involve themselves openly again with adventurers they will not clash with each other again on that subject, but it's still up in the air and it's not like a compromise or any peace has been formed between the two. It's just that Xenos are currently nowhere to be seen so no further clash happening, but that's a very very different situation from not being at odds, as the different itself wasn't solved at all.
Old 2018-04-16, 11:57   Link #4744
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
The last 5 volumes have been too hectic for ANY romantic development to happen with anyone, Ais included. Meaning, romantically it's still at the 8th volume, except Ais got it worse.
There hasn't been progress with Ais since far longer than 5 volumes, yes. Especially compared to the huge progress Hestia did in volume 8.
Still not seeing how that development was romantic. I just took another look at the volume myself, and no matter how I look at it, it doesn't come across as romantic.

Quote:
Ais sparing didn't change a damn thing about the fact that Finn's goals and Hestia familia's goals are currently clashing, which means not helping /collaborating with each other.
It's not like they were collaborating to begin with. And even Finn had a slight change of heart on the Xenos issue

Quote:
Bell isn't training with Ais any more either, his current sparing partner is Ryu and it has been the case for several volumes.
He wasn't training with Ais regularly anyways, due to being in different familias.

Quote:
So of the few links between Ais and Bell (training together) is currently severed, and so is "both familia collaborating" as well. So YES, the situation between Ais and Bell is currently as its worst ever.
Even after everything that happened, he still asked her to train him when she had time and she agreed. That's actually a step forward for them. Bell normally wouldn't dare to ask her that (unless it was an emergency, like with the War Game) and she was more honest about what she thought of him as well (which is a huge step for the girl who didn't have the guts to ask Bell if he admired Bete)

Quote:
Syr seems to be a good person, but her background is a bit too shady for her own good. She's hiding a lot from Bell.
All true, but like I said, Syr is simply better with romance, compared to Hestia's clumsy desperation.

Quote:
And Loki familia IS at odds with Hestia familia. This will never change on both subjects because their objective is fundamentally opposite and neither Bell nor Finne will go back on those position, as it's too important for both of them.
As long as Xenos don't involve themselves openly again with adventurers they will not clash with each other again on that subject, but it's still up in the air and it's not like a compromise or any peace has been formed between the two. It's just that Xenos are currently nowhere to be seen so no further clash happening, but that's a very very different situation from not being at odds, as the different itself wasn't solved at all.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. At the end of the day, Loki Familia went along with Ouranos's lies about the Xenos getting killed, nor did they bring up the Hestia Familia helping the Xenos. Plus, Ais, Tiona and even Finn spared the Xenos when they could have killed them too.

Old 2018-04-16, 17:58   Link #4745
Soulwarfare42

It is either going to Bell x Ais
or Bell x Hestia
or an open ending

Sad fact is that no one else has even a remote chance at winning though Syr does close but with her backstory not being explored yet, it is really hard to ship.

Ryuu x Bell would be amazing though
Soulwarfare42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-16, 18:41   Link #4746
ShadowSamurai365

Quote:

Ais sparing didn't change a damn thing about the fact that Finn's goals and Hestia familia's goals are currently clashing, which means not helping /collaborating with each other. Bell isn't training with Ais any more either, his current sparing partner is Ryu and it has been the case for several volumes.

With the current arc being Ryu's arc, i don't see this changing, as it should rather make those two closer (would be surprised if it goes the other way, but hey, I guess that can happen as well).

Do you mind going into a bit more details about this? By what you're saying, it seems that while the Loki Familia don't consider the Hestia Familia enemies (or at least, not be hostile against them), they're not exactly completely friendly with them either (or at least, the tension between them isn't completely resolved on certain matters).
ShadowSamurai365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-16, 21:10   Link #4747
Kadmos1
≠epic failure

Being a NaruSaku shipper and having read the "Naruto" manga for over 7 years before it ended, I am quite biased. That said, Endscape, let's agree to disagree on the NartuHina part after I say this: "I find there was barely enough interaction with the 2 to warrant a justified ship."
Old 2018-04-17, 06:14   Link #4748
Top Sergeant

Thanks for the replies vis Aiz! I'll pick up #10 & #11 and keep the faith.
Old 2018-04-17, 06:32   Link #4749
DanielSong39

Let's not forget about about Liliruca; she fulfills the "maiden in distress" flag and sticks to Bell like glue. Plus their relationship is terrific.

I do think an open ending is possible (with an implied harem in the future) and I expect the maximum amount of lulz in the relationship front before the (non-)conclusion.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-18, 11:27   Link #4750
pervypig

The harem end is already out there in the SS in a dream. But there's something about that dream that struck me: The author put Syr and Freya in the same dream, is that actually hinting that they are 2 different people? Of course, the "who the fug is Syr" mystery had always been out there, but the prospect of her being Freya had always been floating around, particularly since Freya doesn't seem to mind Syr getting close to Bell (in fact, only her, Freya is jelly of Hestia and Aiz).

Is that SS dream canon? Well, since it is a dream after all, the writer can always ret it later, but it seems right now that it's shifting towards "Syr =/= Freya"
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-18, 12:46   Link #4751
The Green One

For the love of god don't bring that Naruto shipping toxin in here. No. Just STOP. Seriously. That stuff is pure poison.

Anyway, on topic, Bell's "feelings" for Aiz is what gives his special skill to lvl up quickly it's power, so I don't see that going away anytime soon, but once he eventually catches up to her level there should be some development on that front, for good or for ill.

The Bell and Hestia thing has her status as a Goddess working against her and that's likely going to cause that "romance" to end tragically for her I'm afraid.

The other pairings don't really seem to be "on the map" so to speak as they haven't really advanced beyond the ship tease status as Bell focuses on his obsession with Aiz.
Old 2018-04-18, 13:50   Link #4752
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
For the love of god don't bring that Naruto shipping toxin in here. No. Just STOP. Seriously. That stuff is pure poison.

Anyway, on topic, Bell's "feelings" for Aiz is what gives his special skill to lvl up quickly it's power, so I don't see that going away anytime soon, but once he eventually catches up to her level there should be some development on that front, for good or for ill.

The Bell and Hestia thing has her status as a Goddess working against her and that's likely going to cause that "romance" to end tragically for her I'm afraid.

The other pairings don't really seem to be "on the map" so to speak as they haven't really advanced beyond the ship tease status as Bell focuses on his obsession with Aiz.
what TGO said.

just to add, it not the goddess thing that stop BellxHestia but that bell has already familize Hestia and Lily. They are family and you don't f*ck family.
Old 2018-04-18, 16:13   Link #4753
Tachibana
タチバナ

I know there is a lot of talk about the whole Syr is Freya thing. In mythology, Syr is a alias that Freya uses. I think the author made it a running gag throughout the series to have Syr make several references indirectly to Freya in regards to the myth. Besides, it doesn't seem that Freya is Syr in disguise. Freya also doesn't seem like the type to assume a position as a waitress for whatever reason. Though she is the type to cause mischief.

As for the harem thing. Bell's feelings for Aiz is critical to helping him level up which is part of the plot. So far, their relationship hasn't made any real progression. Even since the introduction of the Xenos. It's kinda gone downhill to an extent but not to the point where they're on bad terms. Their relationship is kinda meh at the moment.

Bell has become the hero for many women in the series. Ryuu's next on his list. Let's no forget that Bell's original goal for entering the Dungeon was to become a hero with a harem anyway. Which is what his grandfather (Zeus) has instilled in his mind. We should also not forget that Bell has yet to reject the harem idea. Plus there's also the fact that he isn't very knowledgeable when it comes to women. As for Hestia, it's not that Bell doesn't like her. It's that because he is mortal and that she is a goddess. Bell doesn't think a relationship between him and her is possible.
Old 2018-04-18, 18:10   Link #4754
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSamurai365 View Post
Do you mind going into a bit more details about this? By what you're saying, it seems that while the Loki Familia don't consider the Hestia Familia enemies (or at least, not be hostile against them), they're not exactly completely friendly with them either (or at least, the tension between them isn't completely resolved on certain matters).
It's related to the public opinion about monster, worldwide, and to Finne"s life long goal. Mortals see monsters as a threat that need to be fought against, and anyone who "favours" monster is considered a freak and looked down.
Xenos may be sentient and non aggressive towards human, but they're still monster. Except if you can manage to convince the whole world that Xenos are fine and shouldn't be discriminated just because they are monsters (not happening, ever, as just convincing orario isn't enough for Finne), anyone openly supporting Xenos will be looked down, hated just the same as any freak liking monsters, and if it comes from someone peoples looked up as a hero defending them, they'll obviously feel betrayed and react very strongly (just like they reacted to Bell in volume 10).
Finne's long life goal is to restaure pallum's faith in themselves, to restaure what was 1000 years ago brave folks; by giving them an example that they can follow, giving them confidence in themselves, that Pallum can be braves and heroes if they just try; and giving them a whole family that they can believe in and follow the example. He want to be the first Pallum hero in the last 1,000 years, and create a family that will be looked as just as brave as him (that's why he proposed to Liliruca).
He has dedicated his life to restaure the former glory of his race. He will not, in any manner, do something that would have folks looking down on him or feeling betrayed by him.
Always being exemplar. he's the leader of one of the two strongest familia in the world, probably the second best fighter in the whole world, his familia's and his own behaviour are examplar, his nickname is even "braver".
If the xenos become public in any manner, he and his familia (who acknoledge his wish and support him) will purge them down.
He accepted the words from the Guild about the Xenos being eliminated, because that's convenient for them as all they need is to behave in an exemplar manne,r they don't especially hate the Xenos or anything. If they can avoid conflict with other familias by believing the guild's blatant lie, then so be it.

But it doesn't change the fact that Loki and Hestia openly clashed in the streets orf orario during the previous Xenos incident, and that while many members of the Loki familia understood that the Xenos were not a threat to humanity, leaving them flee when they could do it, they will not change their objective. If the populace wants a hero that purge the xenos, they will be that hero. And they're perfectly aware that the hestia familia is on the Xenos' side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pervypig View Post
The harem end is already out there in the SS in a dream. But there's something about that dream that struck me: The author put Syr and Freya in the same dream, is that actually hinting that they are 2 different people? Of course, the "who the fug is Syr" mystery had always been out there, but the prospect of her being Freya had always been floating around, particularly since Freya doesn't seem to mind Syr getting close to Bell (in fact, only her, Freya is jelly of Hestia and Aiz).

Is that SS dream canon? Well, since it is a dream after all, the writer can always ret it later, but it seems right now that it's shifting towards "Syr =/= Freya"
Freya and Syr are two different peoples. in volume 8, Freya is outside the city with her familia while at the same time Syr is inside the city as usual.
Allen is watching over Syr, while the rest of the familia is in presence of Freya. And when Allen later talk to freya about Syr's doings, he ask Freya to talk to her because he says that Freya is "the only one Syr listen to".

Syr is related to freya heavily, in which way, we don't know. However, they're two different peoples.

Last edited by Zefyris; 2018-04-18 at 18:23.
Zefyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-19, 07:27   Link #4755
Soulwarfare42

Quote:

An harem ending in a SS (a dream nonetheless) doesn't mean anything and whether it is canon or not doesn't even matter since it is a dream.

Syr and Freya are different people. As stated already if you read volume 8 then you know that Syr was inside the city while Freya was outside so they can't be the same people.
Soulwarfare42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-19, 09:37   Link #4756
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulwarfare42 View Post
An harem ending in a SS (a dream nonetheless) doesn't mean anything and whether it is canon or not doesn't even matter since it is a dream.
That wasn't even a harem ending though, Bell was getting married to Ais when those people came to crash his wedding

It was honestly more of a nightmare for the guy than anything else.

Old 2018-04-20, 11:01   Link #4757
pervypig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulwarfare42 View Post

Syr and Freya are different people. As stated already if you read volume 8 then you know that Syr was inside the city while Freya was outside so they can't be the same people.
As I recall Vol 8, we don't get to see Freya's or Syr's POV all the time, and Freya could have sneaked back into the city to role-play. I mean, the whole reason she got stuck in the battlefield was for punishment given by the Guild, so you can't really put it past her if she decided to sneak back. Also the 2nd last chapter of Vol. 8, 'the city girl's secret', Freya's banter with Allen may be indirectly thanking him for escorting her. Which actually makes sense if you consider Allen's complete devotion to Freya, but blush when Freya mentioning "Syr smiling". I think the complain of Allen:"I hope the Goddess would issue a command to tell her not to run all over the place." can be taken as sarcastic.

At any rate, without hard evidence like both of them together, it's hard to say anything about Syr's identity.

On the harem end thing, I mean it had already been written, so the main story would probably be true route Aiz

Last edited by pervypig; 2018-04-20 at 11:15.
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-20, 12:08   Link #4758
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
As I recall Vol 8, we don't get to see Freya's or Syr's POV all the time, and Freya could have sneaked back into the city to role-play. I mean, the whole reason she got stuck in the battlefield was for punishment given by the Guild, so you can't really put it past her if she decided to sneak back.
So you're saying she left the orphanage and went all the way back to her tent on the battlefield before Allen got back? Unless she teleported there's no way.

Quote:
Also the 2nd last chapter of Vol. 8, 'the city girl's secret', Freya's banter with Allen may be indirectly thanking him for escorting her. Which actually makes sense if you consider Allen's complete devotion to Freya, but blush when Freya mentioning "Syr smiling". I think the complain of Allen:"I hope the Goddess would issue a command to tell her not to run all over the place." can be taken as sarcastic.
She was making fun of Allen having a crush on Syr.

Quote:
On the harem end thing, I mean it had already been written, so the main story would probably be true route Aiz
That story wasn't even a 'What if', like Re;Zero has, and it wasn't a harem end in any case. since it was basically a nightmare for the guy.

Old 2018-04-20, 14:19   Link #4759
Hata
時の異邦人

the cover for Oratorio #10 is out, and I am glad, apparently with Bell on the cover with Ais and Finn, looks like they won’t skip the Xenon arc like I was afraid they would, even with the original danmachi already cover the whole thing, I really like too see how the Loki familiar thought during the process, especially how their opinions of Bell changed.

http://danmachi.wikia.com/wiki/Sword...ovel_Volume_10
Old 2018-04-20, 15:32   Link #4760
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
the cover for Oratorio #10 is out, and I am glad, apparently with Bell on the cover with Ais and Finn, looks like they won’t skip the Xenon arc like I was afraid they would, even with the original danmachi already cover the whole thing, I really like too see how the Loki familiar thought during the process, especially how their opinions of Bell changed.

http://danmachi.wikia.com/wiki/Sword...ovel_Volume_10
Nice cover! I'm interested to see how the Loki Familia handled this as well, particularly Ais, who showed some complex feelings about the whole subject. I'd also like to see what lefiya thought as well.

No synopsis yet?

Tags
action, adventure, dungeons, gods, harem, romance