AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2014-02-05, 06:23   Link #21
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Mode View Post
Who is Elis? Is she the Noble Girl, and he can be a Tutor at 7 years of age? It seems to me someone may raise a brow or two for him to be a tutor at that age, and does his master follow him, and does he handle the sword good.

Edit: Does he have a good relationship with his brother and sister, and is his family completely separated or is he the only one separated from the rest.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
Chinese translation is roughly at chapter 7 of volume 1. It's freakin addicting and there's like 15 volumes.

Gotta say that I really like this. I gave my recommendation for this novel in the light novel recommendation thread.
This is really recommended for those who likes Slice-of-life fantasy. Truly a journey of life: it's never easy just because you're "special".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioras View Post
15 web volumes i guess?
Yes, around that number, I prefer calling it part though, since web novel tend to be far more shorter than the usual bunkobon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
When I first started reading the summary I thought it was something quite different. I thought it would be something like "unattractive NEET transported to another world to become a hero" type deal, but its quite different. I'm always a fan of stories about second chances, and this sounds really interesting. I can only imagine how creepy Rudy would've been as a child, even before he starts learning magic. I really like that he has to build his skills from scratch even with his advantage.

One thing you didn't really cover is language. Is the language the same between worlds or did he have to learn that too? Also, im guessing swordsmanship has the same levels/ranks as magic. If so, what level is Rudy by the time he goes to become a tutor?
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by @GEMC View Post
almost all of amatsunagi's light novel recomendation has interesting plot definitely love it if this will have a volume summary or be translated and how old is rudy in the latest web novel?
glad that you're interested in it ^^
As for summary, well, I'm no good at summarizing, don't know If I even have time to do it so sorry~ >.<

As far as I read (part / volume 9) Rudy is 15 years old.

@Bludvein
Spoiler:

Last edited by amatsunagi; 2014-02-05 at 06:42.
amatsunagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 06:59   Link #22
bludvein

Tyvm for the spoilers. I understand if you can't do any summaries, but can you post a link to the web novels(assuming they are still up) so I can run it through gtrans? It doesn't seem like this will get a translator any time soon and im curious.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 07:48   Link #23
@GEMC

How many girl did he attract until the latest volume you have read?
How did he tame the Brutal Elis and how is she describe in appearance?
What kind of relationship did rudy have to his younger sisters?
Does he have a rival in the latest volume?
What kind of Attitude does elis have after the kidnapping incident? don't tell me a tsudere this time Hahaha
can you describe the events in kidnapping?
@GEMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 11:48   Link #24
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

Link of web novel added to first post!

Quote:
How many girl did he attract until the latest volume you have read?
How did he tame the Brutal Elis and how is she describe in appearance?
What kind of relationship did rudy have to his younger sisters?
Does he have a rival in the latest volume?
What kind of Attitude does elis have after the kidnapping incident? don't tell me a tsudere this time Hahaha
can you describe the events in kidnapping?
Spoiler:

Last edited by amatsunagi; 2014-02-05 at 12:34.
Old 2014-02-05, 11:56   Link #25
havensgate
skull one

rudy should write a book, "How to Train Your Ojousama"
havensgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 13:04   Link #26
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

Lol, well Elis is quite terrible, and its amazing Rudy can be patient with all of that beating he get. Somehow, she kind of reminds me to Ridley from Radiata Stories, Elis strong personality just gives me a vibe of Ridley, although Ridley is a little bit weaker than Elis here.
Old 2014-02-05, 16:49   Link #27
whsie

Hm..., I was looking around and heard that
Spoiler for spoiler:
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 23:12   Link #28
Kioras

Well, Elis seems to fit the template for violent tsundere Ojou-sama.

While getting kidnapped was bad, the fact that in the end they were rescued they were atleast able to pin point the traitor in the household which is quite good.

Be kind of hard for anyone to show up as a rival for him in magic, the only rival I could see is if it is a swordsman vs a magician. His ability with the sword is not nearly as high as his magical ability.

Kinda of weird that Norn would dislike him, because he bullied paulo? I have trouble seeing how he could really bully his dad who he respects. I guess per the spoiler, Lydia either becomes and official second wife, or is just adopted into the family with no more relations with paulo.

While he may have more memories when he was born, being about 34 years of life in Japan I would feel that his parents would have had much more varied experiences in life the he has had. They lived life, he hid and was a neet.
Kioras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-06, 00:03   Link #29
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioras View Post
Well, Elis seems to fit the template for violent tsundere Ojou-sama.

While getting kidnapped was bad, the fact that in the end they were rescued they were atleast able to pin point the traitor in the household which is quite good.

Be kind of hard for anyone to show up as a rival for him in magic, the only rival I could see is if it is a swordsman vs a magician. His ability with the sword is not nearly as high as his magical ability.

Kinda of weird that Norn would dislike him, because he bullied paulo? I have trouble seeing how he could really bully his dad who he respects. I guess per the spoiler, Lydia either becomes and official second wife, or is just adopted into the family with no more relations with paulo.

While he may have more memories when he was born, being about 34 years of life in Japan I would feel that his parents would have had much more varied experiences in life the he has had. They lived life, he hid and was a neet.
How old are his siblings?How much older is the MC compared to them?Is Elis still abusive to Rudy?

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2014-02-06 at 03:20.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 06:24   Link #30
bludvein

Took me a couple days but I finally finished the web edition with google translate. The story was even better than expected, and the GT wasn't that bad.
Spoiler for light spoilers about Rudy' skills:

Spoiler for @ amatsunagi:

Last edited by bludvein; 2014-02-07 at 06:42.
Old 2014-02-07, 07:39   Link #31
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Took me a couple days but I finally finished the web edition with google translate. The story was even better than expected, and the GT wasn't that bad.
Spoiler for light spoilers about Rudy' skills:

Spoiler for @ amatsunagi:
What? You can read with that atrocious translation?I remember trying to use google translation to translate German into English when I studied German, and the result was horrible. The translation made no sense whatsoever.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2014-02-07 at 07:56.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 07:43   Link #32
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
What? You are read with that atrocious translation?I remember trying to use google translation to translate German into English when I studied German, and the result was horrible. The translation made no sense whatsoever.
It takes patience, but it was good enough to get all the major points. Still missed a lot of details though.
Old 2014-02-07, 08:18   Link #33
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Spoiler for Rudy at the end of the novel/mild Mahouka spoilers:
Old 2014-02-07, 08:40   Link #34
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
Spoiler for Rudy at the end of the novel/mild Mahouka spoilers:
It's not really the end, but its as far as its written so far.
Spoiler for answer/heavy spoilers:
Old 2014-02-07, 08:50   Link #35
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
It's not really the end, but its as far as its written so far.
Spoiler for answer/heavy spoilers:
Spoiler for Uh what?:
Old 2014-02-07, 09:00   Link #36
bludvein

Quote:
Spoiler for Uh what?:
Spoiler for answers:
Old 2014-02-07, 09:24   Link #37
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Spoiler for answers:
Spoiler for Response:
Old 2014-02-07, 09:41   Link #38
bludvein

Quote:
Spoiler for Response:
Spoiler for spoilers:
Old 2014-02-07, 09:46   Link #39
@GEMC

@bludvein please give us a summary of novel volumes if you have time
@GEMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-07, 09:49   Link #40
bludvein

Quote:
@bludvein please give us a summary of novel volumes if you have time
I don't want to give any summaries when im only working from a machine translation. I'll give answers to questions if I can, but summaries aren't going to happen, sorry. Besides, I really hope someone picks up the light novel and I don't want to discourage them too much(assuming we haven't already).

Tags
alternate world, fantasy, gods, harem, incest, og isekai, polygamy, reincarnation, seinen, time travel, true harem, webnovel