AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

View Poll Results: Psycho-Pass - Episode 05 Rating
Perfect 10 13 20.31%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 46.88%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 23.44%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 7.81%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-09, 13:33   Link #41
ookamigirl

The Spooky Boogie adventure continues...
I'm not much of a fan of these cyber cases.
So they're killing people behind the idol avatars to influence the net by being ghost avatars.
Interesting how whenever they went out on the field to catch the culprit they ran into traps.
That guy sure was a smart one, but seriously disturbed.
That was a pretty unusual case.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2012-11-09, 14:09   Link #42
whitecloud

Anyone get the meaning about plato's idea and what masaoka's saying about Rousseau ? And what makishima saying about terayama...don't quite understand...Anyone can explain it to me....

Anyway the episode is very good, the case is unique and too bad if only they realize he is talking to someone and not thinking that he is not some delusional fool, maybe they could catch up to makishima...
Old 2012-11-09, 14:47   Link #43
garbage

for Rousseau simplified : Masaoka is explaining that humans are social animals as in they gather together. That the development of technologies basically strengthens this social bonding ie. mail, telephone, media etc. it brings people together. At the end he questions "Does the internet do the same?" in contrast to other technologies it seems the internet instead of bringing people together tears them apart (a shout out to the hikikomori phenomenon), especially with the popular usage of AVATARS and "ANONYMOUS" tags which hides people true identity.that's why he said he cant relate/understand.

ah... cant remember about makishima ^^
Old 2012-11-09, 16:07   Link #44
seiftis
~defying fate

Now that we know Kougami's past, I'm wondering if we'll ever get to know about the other 3 enforcers' past afterwards? Hopefully.
Old 2012-11-09, 16:49   Link #45
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
Anyone get the meaning about plato's idea and what masaoka's saying about Rousseau ? And what makishima saying about terayama...don't quite understand...Anyone can explain it to me....

Anyway the episode is very good, the case is unique and too bad if only they realize he is talking to someone and not thinking that he is not some delusional fool, maybe they could catch up to makishima...
For Plato, a Platonic ideal is basically an abstract idea of what would be the quintessential (most perfect/standardized) representation of a real thing.

For example, try to imagine the "perfect anarchist" (since that ties into Spooky Boogie). The perfect anarchist would always be suspicious and distrusting of legal authorities (like police officers). But the original Spooky Boogie wasn't, so she was replaced by an AI that could be programmed to talk and act like the perfect anarchist.

An AI would arguably make certain Platonic ideals possible in reality. Nobody could be a perfect anarchist because no human is perfectly consistent, but an AI is more likely to be capable of such perfect consistency.
Old 2012-11-09, 17:43   Link #46
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Sibyl doesn't seem to leave everything up to human choice. Whether the Dominator is able to fire, and what it will fire (paralyzing shot or lethal shot) does not appear to be left to the discretion of the user. "To shoot or not to shoot" appears to still be a choice, but only if the Dominator allows itself to be shot.
That's not Sibyl's doing, it's the guys who designed the Dominator.
Old 2012-11-09, 18:40   Link #47
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
That's not Sibyl's doing, it's the guys who designed the Dominator.
Sibyl itself was designed by humans, so I'm not sure why you feel a need to make a distinction like this. Unless Sibyl ends up being something like Skynet from the Terminator movies, any comment on Sibyl obviously goes back to the humans that designed Sibyl.

But whatever "birthed" Sibyl, the Dominators, etc... is not the key issue here. The key issue is how they function now, and how they limit choice now.

The Sibyl system now places limits on human choice (limits that didn't really exist before), as we see with the Dominators.
Old 2012-11-09, 18:52   Link #48
ArturEngel
Kiririn's minion

Quote:
Sibyl itself was designed by humans, so I'm not sure why you feel a need to make a distinction like this. Unless Sibyl ends up being something like Skynet from the Terminator movies, any comment on Sibyl obviously goes back to the humans that designed Sibyl.

But whatever "birthed" Sibyl, the Dominators, etc... is not the key issue here. The key issue is how they function now, and how they limit choice now.

The Sibyl system now places limits on human choice, as we see with the Dominators.
I don't really understand why are you so considered about choices. We have seen three criminals, who had tried to kill "police officers". Two of them had already ripped more than one human apart and were eliminated. Inspectors can still decide if they get rid of criminals or speak to them to decrease their crime coefficient, like Akane did.
Old 2012-11-09, 18:55   Link #49
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

This series is epic. So epic that it's making my underpowered laptop lag during the climaxes.

Can't wait to see more.
Old 2012-11-09, 18:56   Link #50
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

9/10 for the nice little revelation at the end of the episode. -1 because I am getting increasingly unimpressed with Tsunemori. So far, she has the least character appeal to me.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
Old 2012-11-09, 19:08   Link #51
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturEngel View Post
I don't really understand why are you so considered about choices.
Hey, it's not like I'm alone here. Anh_Minh and Kanon both expressed concern over the seeming lack of manual override for the Dominator and/or the lack of alternative weapons.

Honestly, I don't really understand why people wouldn't be concerned about choices. Wouldn't it be better to leave the Dominator setting up to the people using it? Then they'd have the option of stunning or killing. In this episode, we have a clear-cut case of where taking the perp in alive, and interrogating him, could prove very helpful.

But that doesn't appear to be an option, because the police were essentially left with only two choices - Shoot to kill or don't shoot (and if you don't shoot, the perp is more likely to get away).
Old 2012-11-09, 19:20   Link #52
ArturEngel
Kiririn's minion

Quote:
Hey, it's not like I'm alone here. Anh_Minh and Kanon both expressed concern over the seeming lack of manual override for the Dominator and/or the lack of alternative weapons.

Honestly, I don't really understand why people wouldn't be concerned about choices. Wouldn't it be better to leave the Dominator setting up to the people using it? Then they'd have the option of stunning or killing. In this episode, we have a clear-cut case of where taking the perp in alive, and interrogating him, could prove very helpful.

But that doesn't appear to be an option, because the police were essentially left with only two choices - Shoot to kill or don't shoot (and if you don't shoot, the perp is more likely to get away).
Are you serious about interrogating serial killer? How'd you expect them to do so? He didn't surrender even with one arm left. I don't think they have any jails with crime level near zero. And they didn't have any clue that he wasn't working alone.
Old 2012-11-09, 19:38   Link #53
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturEngel View Post
Are you serious about interrogating serial killer? How'd you expect them to do so? He didn't surrender even with one arm left. I don't think they have any jails with crime level near zero. And they didn't have any clue that he wasn't working alone.
There's this little thing called torture. Let's just say the government is righteous (pffft) and decides that it's not right under any circumstances. The Enforcers sure as well would make it work, or at least give it a shot. In a world like this, you could even get creative and less messy. Use the Psychopass numbers and Hue Checks like Kougami did to catch a hiding criminal. They could even look into all of the calls on his mobile phone, which should still be around somewhere.

I fully agree that the Dominators having their own presets that change automatically is dangerous. If you recall the first episode, their job is to take out any person with a harmful Psychopass. They almost ended up killing an assault and rape victim when she managed to recover after being taken in. That only happened because Akane shot Kougami and prevented him from taking the shot himself.
Old 2012-11-09, 20:01   Link #54
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

the revelation Kougami me stuck, strongly episode 6
*O*
Old 2012-11-09, 20:31   Link #55
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

This anime is getting up there with the top of past decades. I don't want to drop names but this anime is getting really good.
Old 2012-11-09, 20:40   Link #56
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

kougamie inspector was so that means he sank into his showdown when saw in the first episode
? :O
Old 2012-11-09, 21:17   Link #57
OPN

Good episode. Starting to like the characters but so far the only ones i already like are kogami and sakurais character.
Old 2012-11-09, 21:26   Link #58
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPN View Post
Good episode. Starting to like the characters but so far the only ones i already like are kogami and sakurais character.
Yes they are more closely related and I wonder if it's because of that sakurai Kougami became an executor
Old 2012-11-09, 22:09   Link #59
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
They almost ended up killing an assault and rape victim when she managed to recover after being taken in. That only happened because Akane shot Kougami and prevented him from taking the shot himself.
You forgot to mention that Akane stopped the first stun shot to begin with, which allowed paranoia to set in for the victim.
Old 2012-11-10, 01:14   Link #60
Terizent
Nonsense!

Seems like Kogami's personnel profile wasn't translated in the subs, here it is. I have no idea how Japanese addresses are ordered though, so I just ordered it from large->small.

Spoiler for Translation:
Closed Thread