AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-02, 03:26   Link #61
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

That may be true, but remember that Enhanced Armaments can be unequipped whereas the body parts of an avatar cannot. This means they are unable to equip certain armaments as it would conflict with their body parts. The only time we've seen an armament activated together with a body part was with Crow's Gale Thruster and wings combo. It could either be that both are classified under different slots or it could be due to Gale Thruster being already activated when Crow recieved back his wings.
Old 2012-12-02, 17:10   Link #62
Nafi

Okay, I remember watching only the first 11 episodes til I took a break and was waiting for the season to be finished.

My question is: Does the anime have a resolved ending? Like it's done/complete and no need for a season 2, or is there probably going to be a season 2?
Old 2012-12-02, 17:56   Link #63
GDB

There's probably going to be a season 2, but it wraps up almost all of the loose ends from the plot points brought up within the current crop of episodes (there's really only one or two that I can think of that weren't resolved, but they aren't so huge that they can't be overlooked).
Old 2012-12-02, 21:49   Link #64
Nafi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
There's probably going to be a season 2, but it wraps up almost all of the loose ends from the plot points brought up within the current crop of episodes (there's really only one or two that I can think of that weren't resolved, but they aren't so huge that they can't be overlooked).
Wait, don't tell me a definite spoiler of the ending, but do they ever reach the last level? You can say yes or no, please don't include anymore detail. The goal of the anime was to be the top in the game, do they accomplish it?
Old 2012-12-02, 22:15   Link #65
GDB

Since I need more than 10 characters:

No
Old 2012-12-02, 22:18   Link #66
Nafi

Quote:
Since I need more than 10 characters:

No
Wow, I'm guessing it will have a new season. Does the ending make you get that feeling of when you finish an anime? Like the one that feels both great and depressing since you finished it. If it does, I might wait to see if any announcements happen about a new season.
Old 2012-12-02, 22:23   Link #67
GDB

It feels almost like they expect a second season, but still gave it some sense of closure just in case.
Old 2012-12-02, 22:23   Link #68
Nafi

Quote:
It feels almost like they expect a second season, but still gave it some sense of closure just in case.
Thanks for the help, now I will be looking for other anime to satisfy my needs. Thanks again for answering my question.
Old 2012-12-02, 22:28   Link #69
Sunder the Gold

I figure becoming Level 10 (or heck, even Level 9) is an undertaking about on par with Episode 1 Naruto declaring he's going to be Hokage.

If it ever happens, it's going to take so many seasons that you may start to forget that original goal. Or the story may turn into this huge "global" catastrophe/war, such that the goal no longer seems that important.
Old 2012-12-04, 18:55   Link #70
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Duke View Post
That may be true, but remember that Enhanced Armaments can be unequipped whereas the body parts of an avatar cannot. This means they are unable to equip certain armaments as it would conflict with their body parts. The only time we've seen an armament activated together with a body part was with Crow's Gale Thruster and wings combo. It could either be that both are classified under different slots or it could be due to Gale Thruster being already activated when Crow recieved back his wings.
Are you basing any of this on information from the Light Novel translations hosted at Baka Tsuki? (Of which I've read very little, yet.)

Because if you aren't, your arguments don't seem to have any weight at all.

The inability to un-equip a combat ability is not really a weakness at all. Silver Crow's wings don't come off, but they have a storage mode. Lime Bell's Choir Chime "arm cannon" can also disappear, assuming it's not an Armament like the Pile Driver.

As for conflicting with existing body parts... what conflict would there be, for items one starts with or gains through upgrade points? If Sky Raker started with the Gale Thruster, or gained it through leveling up, it could have easily been part of her avatar.

Even your own example of wings and thrusters conflicting didn't happen at all. Further, Enhanced Armaments are noted to change appearance and form to match different users, such as how the Armor of Catastrophe did for each Chrome Disaster, and how Silver Crow's wings did for Noumi.
Old 2012-12-04, 20:57   Link #71
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Lime Bell's Choir Chime "arm cannon" can also disappear, assuming it's not an Armament like the Pile Driver.
Cyan Pile's spike can disappear in storage mode. See: when Haru was flying everyone in the Unlimited Field and Taku was holding his legs.
Old 2012-12-04, 21:21   Link #72
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

There may not be any light novel information backing up my answers, but that is because there simply isn't any about your question. You're the one asking a question that has no answer, and I'm merely trying to answer it with inferences from what information we already know from the light novel.

What makes you think Black Lotus can hold anything even when her swords are in storage?

Body parts of avatars still leave certain parts of themselves on the body even after. Ring deactivated. Back Lotus' swords don't dissappear completely after she deactivates them. They shrink.

Haru's wings are stored into two compartments in his back, wheras Enhanced Armaments like Cyan Pile's Pile Driver, Scarlet Rain's Immobile Fortress and Dusk Taker's Pyro Dealer all unequip and leave no traces of themselves on the user. So it is safe to assume that Lime Bell's arm is also an Enhanced Armament as it can also be unequipped the same way.

Also, the Armor of Catastrophe is the only known Enhanced Armament to ever do that. That's why when Kuroyukihime introduced it to the gang, she made special mention of it. If it was the same for all Enhanced Armaments, it wouldn't make much sense for her to take special note of it.

Silver Crow's wings are a body part, not an Enhanced Armament. Obviously it would have different properties from an Enhanced Armament, so your comparison is invalid.

Unless you've never played an MMORPG before, you would know that all equip panel items are classified according to slots so that they do not conflict with each other. That is why it may have simply been a case of both Gale Thruster and Silver Crow's wings belonging to different slots as both items do not conflict with each other.

TLDR: Enhanced Armaments and body parts each have their own advantages and disadvantages. Neither is truly better than the other. Stop whining.
Old 2012-12-04, 21:31   Link #73
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Cyan Pile's spike can disappear in storage mode. See: when Haru was flying everyone in the Unlimited Field and Taku was holding his legs.
The Chime and Driver can both disappear, yes.

What I meant (in that the subordinate clause) was that it is not clear (from the anime) if the Chime is an item (like the pile) or an integrated feature (like the wings).
Old 2012-12-04, 21:35   Link #74
judasmartel
*Author

Hmm... From how I see it, I don't think Season 2 won't cover the quest to Level 10. It's still a long way off, considering how powerful the Six Kings of Pure Color are.

Since a new adversary in the form of the Acceleration Research Society (ARS) appeared, I was thinking that S2 will be all about eliminating the cheaters that infest Brain Burst.

Spoiler for :

So yeah, we all want the Six Kings defeated so anyone in NN can reach Level 10, but I still don't see how they would do it atm. Because you know, they have to deal with Haru's Chrome Disaster Armor and the ARS, and unless they get these out of the way, they won't be able to seriously challenge any of the Six Kings just yet.

In fact, the question is whether the author really intends to write the plot around the battle against the Six Kings or he's just simply interested in writing Haru's development as a VR player and as a person. Because you know, if he really wanted to write the plot solely around defeating the Six Kings, he might as well have written a thin-and-lanky MC with a powerful but boring Duel Avatar.
Old 2012-12-05, 05:10   Link #75
Sunder the Gold

True, true.

It's also hard to remain sympathetic to your heroes when they're near-effectively murdering people merely to satisfy their curiousity.

We don't know enough about the Six Kings to care about them all, but we do know and care about Niko (who is sort of, kind of an ally at this point), we have a lot of reason to sympathize with Purple Thorn and morn for Red Rider, especially since even Kuroyukihime regrets "murdering" him.

Even Blue Knight earned points by deciding to not execute Cyan Pile despite Taku declaring his intent to join the Black Legion! On top of that, he was apparently best friends with Red Rider, and he takes a very dim view on cheating.

Pretty much the only Level 9s we might accept our heroes doing in would be Yellow Radio and (depending on what she turns out like) White Cosmos. And that would only put Black Lotus half-way to the goal; less if the kills are shared with Haruyuki or anyone else.

So I imagine that the goal of "Defeat The Six Kings" is not actually how Our Heroes will come to figure out the mystery, even if that goal is necessary for driving most of the overarching plot for now.
Old 2012-12-20, 22:12   Link #76
Sunder the Gold

Hey, the Mystical Reins that Sulphur Pot had...

Do we know if they were something that Pot gained through level up, or bought at a Shop, or found in the Unlimited Neutral Field?

He lost it so easily that I really hope it wasn't part of his avatar; otherwise that means it's either really easy to lose something you invested Level Up bonuses into. Or that Black Lotus is really good at disarming other avatars.

There's a yellow circle on its status screen, which might indicate it's a "Yellow" kind of tool. Which it would seem to be -- comandeering an NPC to use in PVP seems like an "indirect" trick, to me.
Old 2013-01-05, 07:57   Link #77
Kawarimi
( ゚∀(・-・) 〜(^∇^〜)
*Author

Why is Black Lotus not Blue Lotus instead?

What are the Black Colors for anyway?

AS' Social Thread
Gone but not forgotten.

REBUILD
Old 2013-01-05, 08:11   Link #78
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawarimi View Post
Why is Black Lotus not Blue Lotus instead?

What are the Black Colors for anyway?
Spoiler for :
Old 2013-01-05, 08:51   Link #79
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ I don't think you need to put those under spoiler tags, though...

As for the question itself, well I'm only guessing but I'm guessing that Black Colors are irregular and/or random.
Old 2013-01-05, 10:37   Link #80
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

No true answer is yet know but I believe black is about fear. If we take a look at the Duel Avatar colour chart, an avatar's position can move in 3 different directions, with 2 directions at the same time. An avatar can move around the colour wheel and also at the same time, towards the centre, where one is paler, or the outside, where one is darker. This means that an avatar could be a darker version or a paler version of a colour and still have different properties. Blood Leopard is a very dark red. That's why even though she is a red avatar, she bites. Lotus is also pretty fearsome, with her passive ability. So is Black Vise, who can travel through shadows and force enemies into immobility.

Last edited by Orange Duke; 2013-01-05 at 20:54.
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a