AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 47
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 5 16.67%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 5 16.67%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 5 16.67%
7 out of 10: Good... 8 26.67%
6 out of 10: Average... 5 16.67%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 0 0%
4 out of 10: Poor... 0 0%
3 out of 10: Bad... 1 3.33%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 1 3.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-09-09, 00:47   Link #1
james0246

Mobile Suit Gundam AGE - Episode 47 Discussion/Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Mobile Suit Gundam AGE, Episode 47.

Life Scattered on the Blue Planet - ~

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
  • Do not vote in the poll before the episode has been released.
  • While each Gundam is part of a franchise/metaseries, the individual entries are unique and, consequently, should not be constantly compared against each other. Please refrain from needlessly cyclical discussion concerning comparisons between the various Gundam series.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 03:04   Link #2
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Episode is on. Asem vs Deen pre-introsong!

Deen is part of some X-rounder squad like the magicians 8, except they all pilot Ghilsbains(sp?) the MP Khronos/Zeydra? ms

Seric vs Phantom three dude after lecturing Kio up again. Kio is once again ignoring the olivernotes civilians for the vagan ones

Seric got taken out, he is now afloat in a broken mobile suit... DUN DUN DUN.

Scratch that, Serics broken mobile suit is stuck on a engine? part of a vagan ship
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 03:05   Link #3
solidvanz
Special Operative

2chan thread: http://dec.2chan.net/18/res/18333851.htm
Old 2012-09-09, 03:29   Link #4
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

youtube is up http://youtu.be/7aWGx10CQfs
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 03:34   Link #5
kiak666

R.I.P., Holmes of the Battlefield. And Kio finally snaps...

Spoiler for FX Burst Mode:
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 03:39   Link #6
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Wth is that?! The beams emitted by FX Burst look a lot like ELS Qan[T]'s wings!
Old 2012-09-09, 03:43   Link #7
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

See! i told you burst mode was a fullonbeamsaber mode, scratch that, its fullon beamthruster? mode

Not to mention Kio is still a horrible character, ignore seric, that other clanche guy, get pissed off because of the guy he knew for two days dies >_> fuck this character, its retarded beyond redemption by now.

Overall meh episode, nice fights, Burst mode, giving it a 6/10 beause Kio just pisses me off even more now than before, seriously, crying again?

lol @ Deen getting Yurin'd though
Old 2012-09-09, 03:48   Link #8
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

You're right, Znozz. That's why I see AGE only for the action now.
Old 2012-09-09, 03:52   Link #9
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

i mean, the action isnt that good either, i mean it does make you laugh quite often, like the Legilis 6pack abs and stuff, and the ball bashing in the last episode, but overall i dont get why they introduce things like the Phantom ball or 90% of the characters since they barely do anything, and oh, not to mention the teenage girls they introduce two out of three arcs to kill off for drama.

seriously i dont understand why they introduce any females in this show at all, have the damn Asunos reproduce by mitosis and it wouldve made for a more interesting story, lol

Proxy for youtube: 211.232.93.13 port:808
Old 2012-09-09, 03:57   Link #10
alberich1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0x View Post
proxy
port
alberich1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 03:58   Link #11
webkid94
*Author

Damn Seric!!!! What a boss, probably one of the best deaths in the show (first being Yurin, second being Woolf), goes out in typical levelheadedness. It took DEEN of all people for Kio to go berserk/FX Burst Mode, and almost killed Zanald too...dude has some quick reflexes to survive.

Still, the preview looks grim too + talk of Zeheart and evildoing...oh boy two more episodes. Though I wish this new vagan character wasn't introduced, his introduction will remind me of whatshisface from the Gundam 00 Movie and we all know what happened to that guy..

Also kinda funny: Sand dude used a drill attack + Deen's seiyuu also voiced Simon (Gurren Lagann) = coincidence?

Quote:
Kio seems to have taken the Pacifist(of SEED) and Understanding(of 00) too far in a merging of.... Horribleness. Kira was nowhere near as bad as Kio after he took up the No Kill thing. At least Kira would still kill at the end of the day if he had to if it meant protecting others. Kio though... Ugh. And the Understanding thing is going too far for him. Setsuna wanted to understand but he never let that get in the way of what must be done nor did he hold his punches back for the most part. The only one he did hold his punches back for was Louise since he knew her far longer than a couple days and she and Saji helped bring out his more human side when he was younger.
Exactly: Kio takes the worst aspects of two decent protagonists, though he's still a notch above Shinn for the most part.
webkid94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 03:58   Link #12
Destined_Fate

Kio seems to have taken the Pacifist(of SEED) and Understanding(of 00) too far in a merging of.... Horribleness. Kira was nowhere near as bad as Kio after he took up the No Kill thing. At least Kira would still kill at the end of the day if he had to if it meant protecting others. Kio though... Ugh. And the Understanding thing is going too far for him. Setsuna wanted to understand but he never let that get in the way of what must be done nor did he hold his punches back for the most part. The only one he did hold his punches back for was Louise since he knew her far longer than a couple days and she and Saji helped bring out his more human side when he was younger.

Anyway, I knew Seric was screwed.... A shame. It's like they're really trying to get people to hate Kio.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 03:59   Link #13
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

WHY YOU NO KILL ZANALD, KIO YOU BASTARD!

And yes, someone should stop Kio and his madness. I wonder how Kio will take Seric's death, and how by sparing the enemies he could have indirectly caused the latter's doom. What's wrong with killing a bastard that has no regard for life? Kio's much too affected by the outward gory appearance of his enemies, as it seems that no X-Rounder vision of his enemy will fail to stop his rampage. Kio Kio Kio, you must look beyond the physical, the inner demon of your enemies and rip them off this world forever. This X-Rounder ability should really let Kio witness the memories of his enemy, and let him decide their fate based on their (in)humanity, and not their sorry faces.

Last edited by RES-01 Perses Gundam; 2012-09-09 at 04:10.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 03:59   Link #14
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

nice death scene for Seric!!! and Deen well it was expected
but damn that Zanald should have died right there, freaking Kio did not finish the job
atleast the FX Burst Mode was awesomely animated though looks like Gurren Lagann with a lot of Spikes all around
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 04:00   Link #15
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Why do i have this feeling that Zeheart will fire on Zanalds forces and not his own?

@ Destined_Fate, i wouldnt call Kira's policy a nokill policy, since he does actually kill, if anything it should be called disable policy.

Kio however, has a nokill policy.
Old 2012-09-09, 04:03   Link #16
Destined_Fate

My point is that Kira, even when he started acting all self-righteous, was nowhere near as bad as Kio and still did what was needed at the end of the day. Kira learned fast that his inaction and holding back when fighting friends gets people killed like Flay's father.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 04:04   Link #17
bio9205
Reborn

RIP Seric Abis. One of my favourite characters in the show. Didn't read the spoilers so his death was even more saddening, but he went out in a nice fashion. Now I really need a HG Clanche Custom!

Meh on Deen's death and Zanald's defeat. I wish Kio would've killed him, but I guess that job's reserved for Zeheart now.

Preview shows awesome Zeheart vs Asemu fight scene, can't wait.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 04:04   Link #18
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Oh yeah, i fully agree, i was just pointing out that calling it a nokill policy when he does kill makes it .. you know it would be better to call it a Disable policy, and leave the Nokill policy to the Prince of understanding, Kio
Old 2012-09-09, 04:18   Link #19
Zeydra
A random passerby

Did anyone else burst out laughing at Kio and the FX when it entered Burst mode? For some reason I just couldn't help it.

Fun episode and all, but still. I don't think that was supposed to be funny.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 04:20   Link #20
ReddyRedWolf

Point of comparison when Asunos are mad with grief.

Decil kills Yurin, Flit wrecks his mobile suit but can't kill a seven year old.

Decil kills Woolf, Asemu kills him.

Zanald kills Deen, Kio was about to kill him but spares him. Not out off mercy but more like "What have I done!". If he kills Zanald he becomes a murderer in his own eyes and also a hypocrite.

A lot of you won't agree with what I'm about to say.

Kio is the most self centered and egoistical of the Asunos. You are probably going what? He want everybody to live!

With Flit and Asemu they are doing what they do for the sake of others. Also they understand there are some people that can't be reasoned with.

Kio is doing what he is doing to satisfy his own ego. Placing in danger not only himself but his allies.

Hate to say this he is like Nekki Basara in Macross 7. Difference is Kio doesn't have the chops like Basara does.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion