AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-08-08, 12:12   Link #81
Sides

The Katori part was god-like, the bgm and the dialogue were brilliant. Actually probably my favourite episode so far, then again I love comedy shows, so I get it that some people will disagree with me here.
The other part I really liked, was the friendship between Yamane and Motoyama.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-08, 16:05   Link #82
Rasty

I really shouldn't have watched Lucky Star just before this. I couldn't help but remember the "Temote temote temote" scene when Ayaka was playing with her hair in the 5th episode. But yeah, that was a nice scene.

Also, Shinichi is just one big walking reference (neta), not only does he almost directly mention Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai, he also greatly reminds me of Sendou Iori (from Fortuna Arterial).
Speaking about similarities, Minagawa Yuki just seriously reminds me of Fuwa Aika (Tempest), granted this is mainly because they share the same seiyuu (Hanazawa Kana) and that she uses the same voice tone for both. Though the playful personality seems similar too.

For the time being it is really nice, though I would like to know why are they finishing every episode by failed confession... is that supposed to be a kind of cliffhanger?

Last edited by Rasty; 2017-08-08 at 16:31.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-08, 16:32   Link #83
grecefar

president and ryoko had sex, they already had sex, and the third skit was the funniest one, the other two not much to say, last girl I like the desing.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-09, 08:55   Link #84
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

President and Ryoko are just the best

rather than that, I don't really like the second part.. probably because I like Motoyama as bro but I don't like the guy who didn't have any confidence at all

and the last one.. they just animated the Love Master part pretty well
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-11, 00:02   Link #85
Requiem-x
The slacking one

The best couple seems to have found their routine, and that is Prez bullying the adorable pseudo delinquent into submission. I'm very ok with this.

Meanwhile, the poor comedy couple is still feeling the effects of the failed love session. Hang in there, kids.

I was honestly confused whether the new guy was a bro or an A-hole through the whole segment, but it seems the latter held true, which is great, though that invitation may hold trouble for the future.

KATORI-SEMPAI!!! God, this guy is awesome, and that was some Keima tier stuff he pulled, complete with physical harm. Kinda was expecting the previous girl to punch him out of nowhere, but I'm glad that wasn't the case. Also, tje girl reminded me of Kumiko for some reason.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-11, 03:11   Link #86
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
I was honestly confused whether the new guy was a bro or an A-hole through the whole segment, but it seems the latter held true, which is great, though that invitation may hold trouble for the future.
You mean "the former"? He was definitely up there with the broest of bros .

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-11, 07:41   Link #87
Ultragunner

it's kinda painful watching the childhood friend couple , especially after the dem glorious moment of the prez x delinquent haha
Old 2017-08-15, 12:17   Link #88
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

ok... that "onii-chan made a baby" part is truly the best

Love Master got another fans

and Sugawara's effort finally bears a fruit.. too bad that he already stop in believing
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-15, 12:34   Link #89
Blueknight78

lol, i really know which this anime is a hell of fun, but it's also show how sad and problematic is really japan, with the grow in herbivore males and all ultra shy and hard to make romance, while is really fun all that mess when you look to real life it's make really bad how japaneses are wakling to extinction due to they own culture or high expecations and fear os failure and hard work.

lol the "love master is really a awesome guy", whenever he appear things goes even more fun, i really like this manga is really so fun each situation, also the "brocon imoto is awesome with the "tease girl", she is so easy to read which the tease girl easy noticed which the person she was texting was the the little sister, , what a funny troll that girlfriend.
Old 2017-08-15, 13:13   Link #90
Sides

Katori crosses boundaries. Surely if Akagi really had any homoerotic experience, it would have to be with him.
Old 2017-08-15, 17:07   Link #91
grecefar

The imouto is the best in comedy, I was in the floor in that skit.

Sugawara my boy... you will win in the end ;-;7
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-15, 20:03   Link #92
Wandering Soul

Minigawa never ceases to entertain me. It's sort of impressive how she immediately figured out that it was the little sister texting her and then trolled her in a hilarious skit.
Old 2017-08-15, 22:24   Link #93
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Minigawa is amazing ! Probably my favorite character in this whole series. Smartly realized it was Hotaru from the start and just went straight to having fun with her. Though Hotaru probably made it pretty obvious. Furuya can get rattled by Minigawa, but he's unlikely to just randomly tell her to stop texting. Especially when the conversation had clearly gotten to the point where both ending their chat. It was pretty fun though watching her lead Hotaru to the end result. Also kind of cute how Hotaru didn't realize where that conversation was going until the end .

Still a long and slow road for Takano and Sugawara. Although probably the most important requirement is achieved. She is/has fallen in love with him. Not much was going to happen until she had some kind of romantic interest. Now just have to wait on Takano to realize what her own feelings mean and see what happens from there.
Old 2017-08-17, 19:04   Link #94
judasmartel
*Author

Besides Ryoko and Akagi, which ship do you think has progressed the most so far, Minagawa/Furuya or Kamine/Gouda?

Last edited by judasmartel; 2017-08-17 at 19:39.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-17, 19:13   Link #95
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Besides Ryoko and Akagi, which ship do you think has progressed the most so far, Minagawa/Furuya or Kamine/Gouda?
I'd give it to Kamine and Gouda. If only because they have started dating. While stumbling a bit, they do keep taking their relationship a step further each time. Minigawa and Furuya are getting closer and technically she is making 'connections' with his family. But I think Furuya still not giving his proper answer to her confession is keeping that a step behind Gouda and Kamine.
Old 2017-08-17, 19:43   Link #96
judasmartel
*Author

This anime is one of my faves this season so far. I can totally relate to the confession stuff since those are the exact kinds of problems I had back in high school. I had trouble confessing to my crush back then, and sadly we never came to be until our graduation.

Other than that, there are lots of funny stuff going on, yet there were serious sides to them as well.

Ryoko/Akagi seems to be the smoothest sailing ship so far, he knows how to handle her so well.

For Minagawa/Furuya, one YouTube comment I liked was something like, "He does not enter relationships recklessly because he is in it for the long game." I do hope all of us would understand those guys who seem to wuss out of relationships, because those are the types of guys who are actually serious about them and will never cheat on their girls. I actually feel for the guy, because Minagawa is very well known for getting along with a lot of guys, but hopefully she will be serious about him despite appearances.

My favorite scene so far is the interaction between Minagawa and Hotaru. I was amazed to hear Kana Kanazawa voice a very trollish and savage character so well, and Haruka Tomatsu showed off her amazing range with Hotaru. IIRC Kanazawa is quite the prankster and she and Tomatsu are good friends IRL, so I won't be surprised if that Minagawa/Hotaru interaction was a skit they made up themselves just for that scene.

Communication will be very important for Kamine/Gouda, and I strongly believe it will be something they will definitely want to work on if their ship is to sail further. Same with Takase/Kanda, except that they're in a really bad shape right now. Lesson learned: Poor Communication Kills.

Nanase/Kaga came out as a surprise to me at first, but that element of surprise went out of the window when it was revealed they were childhood friends. I actually rate them right next to Ryoko/Akagi right now. They just need to sort out their feelings with each other.

Kana/Chiaki, are they really a love team or a comedy duo? Anyways, Kana getting all thirsty and aggressive (lol) abd they were actually going to do it, but Mom keeps on cockblocking them (lmao). Anyways, those parents are still awesome, I dare say. The mother even offered Kaba her pills but too bad for our boy Chiaki, his game got rekt by Mom constantly butting in.

Yamane sucks as of right now, but somehow I kind of relate with him. He had it really bad with his girl like I had with my crush way back in HS, but good thing his girl REALLY likes him. I find his brohood with Motoyama awesome, but the way they go with it was kinda cringey to me, I don't know.

And last but not the least, THE DATING MASTER! He is easily one of the Top 10 anime wingmen, if not THE best anime wingman this year. Every scene he is in so far is guaranteed to be awesome, be it getting beaten up by a heartbroken girl, saving a kitten from getting stuck on a tree and conquering a woman's heart at the same time, or giving out love advice like a real bro.

So all in all, one of the funniest anime I have watched this year.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-20, 23:02   Link #97
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I think my favorite in terms of romance right now is Sugawara and Takano. Maybe it's that I feel like I can relate to Chizuru's low self-esteem (like, really low, dug until she hit bedrock then got a jackhammer low). It's probably hard for her to handle the idea of falling in love when she's not even able to wrap her mind around the idea of someone legitimately loving her unless they were seriously messed up in the head. But what I really want to see with her at this point is the CAUSE of her opinion of herself. Most characters I've seen who're so dismissive of their own self-worth have been through serious traumatic experiences; in fact the first two to pop into my head were victims of sexual abuse. I know firsthand that you don't need that sort of severe traumatic experience to reach that level, but you still need some serious struggles growing up and it'd be interesting in and of itself to see just what sort of past she has.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-21, 11:28   Link #98
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Can't troll the troll master, and the imouto is surprisingly pure. I guess Furuya would never be so straight to Minagawa about anything. Meanwhile, Kamine's road to have an open boyfriend goes slow but steady and SEMPAIII continues being awesome. The comedy duo definetly needs the help.

Considering we're dealing with tropes here, I doubt we'll get a backstory for Takano being how she is, besides, its not like she hates herself, she just has the "normal=boring" mentality, combined with the usual asumptions made when you've never experienced love before.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-21, 11:46   Link #99
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Can't troll the troll master, and the imouto is surprisingly pure. I guess Furuya would never be so straight to Minagawa about anything. Meanwhile, Kamine's road to have an open boyfriend goes slow but steady and SEMPAIII continues being awesome. The comedy duo definetly needs the help.

Considering we're dealing with tropes here, I doubt we'll get a backstory for Takano being how she is, besides, its not like she hates herself, she just has the "normal=boring" mentality, combined with the usual asumptions made when you've never experienced love before.
I'd disagree. I don't think she loathes herself absolutely or anything, but her opinion of herself certainly goes beyond "I'm average and therefore boring". She outright said that you'd have to have some major problems to like her like that. That's low, much lower than "normal = boring". If she just thought of herself as normal and dull then she wouldn't think a person abnormal for taking an interest in her, but she seemed to suggest that they'd be dangerously weird. This is an exaggeration that certainly deserves some explanation, though I agree the nature of the series makes it rather unlikely.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-22, 11:19   Link #100
Sides

Katori and Kazuko sketch was hilarious. They are both completely over the top with words and actions. It is like Katori's character was already funny, but Kazuko just feeds him more reasons to act insane. I don't know how their story will end, but they are my favourite couple now.

Tags
4koma_adaptation, comedy, high school, shoujo