Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-05-03, 11:08   Link #5721
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
I'm not sure. Ganking an already losing lane is hard, especially when you can gank a winning lane instead. Sure it depends on the situation but prepare to be simply outdamaged.
Do what I do! Gank real early at level two. Then go run off to the next lane :P

Its a interesting strat.

Told you the thornmail works! Thresh top is an interesting pick, though. Not much he can do late-game.
Old 2015-05-03, 11:50   Link #5722
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I think the Thresh top was just a lane-swap. LV3 ganks work pretty well too (gromp-wolves-red) but if you can go for 2, even better.

As for my previous statement, helping someone who got counter-picked with a kill or assist will probably be enough to offset the difference with that extra bit of gold and exp; the worst games I've played are ones where the bot lane got destroyed early on and the team just never recovered from the overfed enemy ADC and trinket-stacked support compared to our hungry counterparts. It's not like the other lanes aren't susceptible to this too, but I feel bottom is the most common lane to have this happen, because it's so easy to snowball on champions like Vayne, Kog'maw, Lucian, etc.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 12:06   Link #5723
csuree
The Most Hated™

top thresh was a try-out pick for utility...no lane swap....they wanted to report me for trolling...kids these dayz
lack of armor is bad vs attack damage toplaner so top thresh is more viable vs a magic damage top laner. but u have to play very cautiously.

When i jungle I always gank the lane nearest to my position given, i see an opportunity...if no.. back to farm....and if i see their jungle bot and i am top then i go in his jungle to steal some creeps and put out some wards. 1 time i counterjungled a shaco with shyvana so hard he ragequit (normal game). I'm the type who gannks when opportunity presents itself....same with dragon...if i see chance to solo it alone.. then i do it, and dont ask to help because then they know dragon is being killed....solo stealth dragons are the deadliest
Old 2015-05-03, 12:25   Link #5724
Kafriel
Senior Guest

In other news, I'd like to ask rune setups for mid-lane. I've set my glyphs to MR/lvl and Mpen/AP marks/quints but the seals are a bit troubling....gotta choose between HP, AR and MR, all flat. The HP obviously for mid-laners with low base HP (recently nerfed Kata being a good example) and the MR for the even more obvious reason of playing against casters most of the time...but IMO you also need some armor, minion damage is often underestimated and you can end up taking quite a bit. I'm currently running full HP on them but I'd like to see everyone's opinion on the matter.
Old 2015-05-03, 13:14   Link #5725
Eragon
Still Alive

How many pages you got ? Yellows are generally either hp or armor or a combination of both. You don't really need that much MR tbh. If you have 2 or more AP rune pages then put all hp yellows in one and full armor in another. The first one is against mages the second one against ad mids. Or you can just use a combination of both for either of the match-ups.

Take this with a grain of salt though, I don't play mid that often either xd
Old 2015-05-03, 13:29   Link #5726
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Try-outs should be in normal draft modes for a couple of games. If you tried thresh top before in normal games, I don't have an issue.

Not that its a problem anyways, but I feel you would have done more with a rumble top or something.
Old 2015-05-03, 14:06   Link #5727
Kafriel
Senior Guest

If we're talking hook champs, I'd rather go for Blitz top, he's got a great passive, the fastest hook and a good steroid to bail if things get dicey...could get some safe kills with Nautilus in the jungle :P

Quote:
How many pages you got ? Yellows are generally either hp or armor or a combination of both. You don't really need that much MR tbh. If you have 2 or more AP rune pages then put all hp yellows in one and full armor in another. The first one is against mages the second one against ad mids. Or you can just use a combination of both for either of the match-ups.
I got 3 pages so far, never really needed more. Guess I'll get an extra page or two and work on a hybrid armor/HP for the last one.
Old 2015-05-03, 14:40   Link #5728
csuree
The Most Hated™

I have 20 rune pages.. of which 4 are dedicated to mid lane AP
1 with magic pen +ap+ armor + manareg; 1 with magic pen +ap + magic resist; 1 with magicpen + ap +manareg and 1 for kata movespeed + ap + hp/level + magicpen

the first is vs AD midlaner second is vs burst type champs(LB) and the third is vs poke type champs and 4-th is kata
also i have a dedicated Diana runepage for AP+hp/level+attackspeed

with 20 pages and lots of runes you can tailor it for your needs
Old 2015-05-03, 19:04   Link #5729
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

What exactly does top Thresh offer that A) support Tresh can't or B) a regular top laner can't do better?

Nothing.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 00:46   Link #5730
Kafriel
Senior Guest

His passive comes in handy, his shield makes ganking easier and the rest of his kit focuses on locking down an opponent. Compared to Rumble and Maokai, it's just much easier to trade...He also offers the option of having another champion as support and honestly, that's something. OTOH there are few supports who can tend to a carry the way Thresh does, so if the team's support wanted Thresh, they should have him.
Old 2015-05-04, 04:34   Link #5731
DemonOfWrath

Top Thresh is honestly pretty terrible (and I've actually tried it myself btw). You get very little from the extra gold you get as a solo laner, as Thresh isn't going to be diving people or threatening the backline, so you get little out of being uber tanky, and you're too short ranged to build damage effectively.

And I severely doubt he has an easier time trading than a Rumble or Maokai, you've got fewer damage abilities, no sustain, and his auto range is low enough that you can't poke with it well if they have any gap closer to overcome flay.

Anything you want out of him in top is just done better by other champs. You want tankiness+cc take say Maokai, damage+cc Lissandra would be much better, you want something that can bully dudes that can only run at you there's dozens of choices (Gnar, or Nunu! Lane Nunu is absolute cancer to the opponent, it's hilarious). You want hooks then Blitz is so much funnier, build triforce (+manamune) and watch squishy people explode.

Last edited by DemonOfWrath; 2015-05-04 at 04:56.
DemonOfWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-06, 12:13   Link #5732
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

The champions people are using snowball on in ARAM is getting a bit ridiculous.

Why would you ever take snowball on an AD? Or a support? Or a squishy?

That said, champion mastery for ARAM thanks.

Last edited by Eisdrache; 2015-05-06 at 12:33.
Old 2015-05-06, 12:22   Link #5733
Seitsuki
Onee!

Because that short CD retarded range true damage poke is absolutely insane.
Old 2015-05-06, 13:12   Link #5734
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

You are flat out missing on the dash part of it AND you sacrifice another summoner spell for it all for 200 true dmg IF you hit.
Old 2015-05-06, 16:10   Link #5735
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Lee Sin is the true master of the snowball, he can dash in with a kick, get behind the enemy with a ward-W, kick people in the face AND throw snowballs in the face of whoever's trying to run. Assuming Lee survives the engage
Old 2015-05-06, 17:51   Link #5736
Awrya
U mad?

I always pick Mark in ARAM now, great poke tool as well as checking bushes. It also puts people on guard, if everyone on the enemy team has mark and you get hit, you don't know who might come flying by.
Old 2015-05-06, 21:41   Link #5737
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Has anyone else noticed a huge influx of new players in ARAM lately? I don't know if it's due to the introduction of snowball or some other reason but there are more players for sure. While I don't mind new players it kinda hurts when you see players unfamiliar with this mode just tower dive all day.

edit: Hilarious last game. Our nexus on it's last HP, 3 people attacking. Somehow we burst down the two on one side but nexus is 1 attack from death. CLUTCH Malz with ult saves the day and we win the game with the counter-push

Malzahar ult

Don't think we would have won with anything else (except another suppress)

Last edited by Eisdrache; 2015-05-06 at 23:27.
Old 2015-05-07, 14:24   Link #5738
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I played some ARAM today, EVERYONE picks mark, even over flash. It really is a lot of fun playing snowball wars among the teams and when you're on a melee champion it will definitely save a lot of kills but also teammates that are being chased or whatever. I play as Vi, mark Anivia and assault Tristana - we had a Morgana so dark binding = 100% snowball-in-the-face'd enemies and the teamfights were just amazing when everyone else followed my mark. See what I did there?
Old 2015-05-07, 16:26   Link #5739
Awrya
U mad?

#GETREKT
6 top bans, FNC drafted the better champion for top, no way Gnar could win against Cassiopeia, especially with early ganks top. Perhaps they were expecting Cassiopeia to go mid.
Reignover is the MVP of the game, great ganks for Huni and Febiven to snowball and put them ahead of Dyrus and Bjergsen.

Twitch chat going crazy, so much EU > NA.
Old 2015-05-07, 16:32   Link #5740
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

My EU friends is gonna have a field day with me on skype... Friggin TSM....

Tags
league of legends, lol