AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

Old 2019-10-25, 13:21   Link #41
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I can't fuckin believe Mika now has a higher position as Inspector, and she's still a raging b word and slave to the system. Luckily, we seem to see less of her now. Shion is still around, so that's always a plus. And our two inspectors seem to be likeable characters, unlike the two new Enforcers. And WHY IS AKANE IN PRISON? What happened in the three movies before this? lol
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-25, 15:18   Link #42
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Em... why is this in Older Series?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
I can't fuckin believe Mika now has a higher position as Inspector, and she's still a raging b word and slave to the system. Luckily, we seem to see less of her now. Shion is still around, so that's always a plus. And our two inspectors seem to be likeable characters, unlike the two new Enforcers. And WHY IS AKANE IN PRISON? What happened in the three movies before this? lol
That is not explored in the Sinners. Akane is safe in each of the three films.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-25, 16:07   Link #43
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Em... why is this in Older Series?
It never got anything after season 1, so why wouldn't it be? /s
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-25, 18:00   Link #44
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

I saw that this is streaming in Japan on Amazon, but what bout the US, I tried searching their website but couldn't find anything, Has Crunchyroll licensed it?
Old 2019-10-25, 19:24   Link #45
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
I saw that this is streaming in Japan on Amazon, but what bout the US, I tried searching their website but couldn't find anything, Has Crunchyroll licensed it?
I think you can watch it legally on Amazon Prime Video. I mean sites that review series with only streamed sites already reviewed the first episode of season 3
Old 2019-10-25, 20:48   Link #46
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
I'm confused as hell about Akane too and apparently watching the movies won't help much. This a new thing for this season, so it's intentional I guess.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-26, 00:07   Link #47
moridin84
Custom User Title

I spend most of the time watching this missing Akane .

This mentalist thing is a bit weird but I guess I'll just accept it for now.

I don't really mind Mika as she is now. She's grown up a little without becoming a completely different person. I'm not saying I like her, but she's not in a position where you are supposed to.

The first episode felt rather slow but at the same time, I'm glad they weren't trigger happy with those dominators. Season 2 went really excessive, using them for mass slaughter for the gory effect.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-27, 18:26   Link #48
LG-MAX 2.o

Looking at the official twitter of the series and the fact that the BD (from the 3 movies and the new ones from season 3) are so far relatively well positioned in the amazon ranking, this shows how popular the series is still in Japan. I'm really hoping this season it works out.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-29, 13:00   Link #49
HandofFate

lol wtf.
Where's my Akane and Ginoza!

The Mentalist thing is some video game mechanic stuff...

Feels like such a massive downgrade after watching Sinners
Old 2019-10-30, 13:03   Link #50
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

I'm liking the new team already but this Mentalist ability seems exactly like the kind of brain Sibyl would be itching to get its hands on

Quote:
The first episode felt rather slow but at the same time, I'm glad they weren't trigger happy with those dominators. Season 2 went really excessive, using them for mass slaughter for the gory effect.
I actually never got the point of the dominator's killing effect. Violence causes witnesses to have a degradation in their hues so the solution is apparently to use a shock weapon to cow the masses when it just worsens the problem? Sibyl really doesn't care it seems
Old 2019-10-30, 22:34   Link #51
GDB

I don't think we've ever seen it degrade others by virtue of it killing, only when they're already freaking out and the Dominator says they're a target, or when they go haywire in the season that didn't happen and declare anyone around it a target.
Old 2019-10-30, 22:53   Link #52
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I don't think we've ever seen it degrade others by virtue of it killing, only when they're already freaking out and the Dominator says they're a target, or when they go haywire in the season that didn't happen and declare anyone around it a target.
IIRC the first season when it was first used to kill to save a hostage. The hostage's psychopass was rising due to stress and the explosive gore splattering her certainly didn't help
Old 2019-10-31, 09:13   Link #53
GDB

Yes, but what really got her was a combination of the trauma she went through up until then, and then Kogami pointing said Dominator at her.

The first season also showed that killings don't increase their level as much as they should, since people are programmed to assume it's okay as long as the system deems it such. Until they become a target, at least.
Old 2019-10-31, 15:24   Link #54
LG-MAX 2.o

I haven't seen the ep yet, but this sakuga excited me a lot: https://www.sakugabooru.com/post/show/105101
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-31, 20:46   Link #55
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Spoiler:

best boy is back.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-31, 22:41   Link #56
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Finished episode 1 and halfway through episode 2. Oh, how I have missed this show!!!

I want to go back and watch season 1 and 2 for good measures but I don't if I've the stomach for it at the moment.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-01, 01:15   Link #57
HandofFate

lol, I too hated Mika as much as anyone else in S2

But I am laughing at this season so far of Middle Management Mika.
Her using a candy dispenser to pop pills, and her getting hung up on this week's episode had me cracking up.

And honestly, with the fisticuffs we seen this episode, fuck dominators, just give me these fight scenes every episode.

Laughed at the S3 scrubs thinking they can hold a candle to the OG Kogami

Wonder what our mentalist saw when watching Kogami since he went into his 'mentalist' daze face while looking at him.

Last edited by HandofFate; 2019-11-01 at 01:55.
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-01, 01:48   Link #58
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Still have to actually watch the movies before I start Season 3.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-01, 17:29   Link #59
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Liking more Shindo. His actions in the second episode reveal more about his true self. I can't tell if his cheerful side is just an act to analyse others similar to when he talked to the singer. He also analyzed well Kogami without even seeing him. Mika's treatment keeps being hilarious. Still, does anybody know of a site that has the director and writer of the episodes?

If Tow Ubukata is seriously the main writer, then he is redeeming himself after season 2. Also, I loved the remix of the old fight theme and how it changed to the original one when Ginoza and Kogami appeared. Kogami requiring further approval by the Dominator is quite a mystery.
Old 2019-11-01, 18:00   Link #60
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Kogami requiring further approval by the Dominator is quite a mystery.
its explained in the "Sinners of the System" film trilogy why he is back in japan with the authority of a special investigator.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote