1 out of 10 : Painful 18 7.96%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-03-24, 18:08   Link #1061
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
The point is, that there was no gun to miss.
I checked the previous episode. It completely showed Ribbons... from the front, from the back, from above and from below. There simply was no gun. Maybe they forgot to draw it, but this would really suck.
Yeah, well, its been like that for every time a Meister has drawn a gun, too. Like with Setsuna when he confronted Saachez and Ribbons--didn't see a gun on his person but wham, he had a gun when he stepped out of the Gundam. Same with Lockon in this episode. Same with Saachez in both examples.
Old 2009-03-24, 18:09   Link #1062
nutype
Future MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
No you've been trying to tell me what I should be or am thinking about this episode and that is incredible annoying, obnoxious and utterly irritating. I really don't give a shit if you think the episode is inconsistent, but DO NOT try to imply that I should or do think so.
Why because people actually find my reasoning sound and...actually convincing?

How is it wrong calling a spade a spade and calling you out for the way you think (which is evidenced by your writing).

Are you actually preaching a conversational intolerance?? Yup, it seems like you are. You even 'threatened' to report me for speaking my mind. I think censoring people because they think differently isn't morally acceptable behavior.
nutype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 18:10   Link #1063
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
Seriously, did you guys expect writers notes and audio commentary to go along with the episode? How can everything be explained in detail during the show? When have you ever seen that happen in any other show? How seriously slow and annoying would it be if they had to repeat multiple times that GN particles have healing properties? What about a detailed schematic of Seravee and how the cockpit swivels? We've seen Ali outdraw plenty of people, its not really surprising. Wonder why nobody brought it up then.
Gaogaigar has an explanation voice over that comes in every time a new character, concept, weapon or robot gets introduced, but that's because it's technically a children's show and it's done more for fun than anything serious. Though I am guessing that is what some people are expecting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutype View Post

How is it wrong calling a spade a spade and calling you out for the way you think (which is evidenced by your writing).

Are you actually preaching a conversational intolerance?? Yup, it seems like you are. You even 'threatened' to report me for speaking my mind. I think censoring people because they think differently isn't morally acceptable behavior.
Fine, you just keep telling youself that. Consider yourself ignored at this point since you have ceased to offer anything of value to this conversation.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 18:12   Link #1064
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:

Not really...
Old 2009-03-24, 18:16   Link #1065
RedWing

That's one thing I REALLY dislike about you Kaio - you treat everyone who disagrees with you like they are idiots.

I personally don't want detail. I just want something conclusive. Not wishy-washy could be taken one way, could be taken another information. I don't believe there is ANY evidence that GN particles do healing, because the show didn't say it does.

People assume. MANY, many people on this forum assumed that Regene was the one who accessed Veda. People were posting that as if it was the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. But they were wrong. That is what I don't like, when people take as if their assumptions are facts when they are assumptions.
RedWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 18:17   Link #1066
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Guess what? A-Suki is not a democracy. However nobody, especially other members should tell you how to think, but that doesn't mean your allowed to constantly spill nonsense and repeat it when people try to respond or give an explanation. A discussion means you either show proof why their argument is wrong, or bring a new point to the argument. You have done neither. You haven't even shown any proofs towards your original statements.

@ redwing

Nothing is going to be explained in full without detailed interviews or audio commentary. This is the same with any show. Its a matter of breaking the flow of the episode and the scenes. If every mechanism used in the show needed to be fully explained, this ruins any excitement for future development of that mechanism, and every fight scene would take 5 episodes.

About your particular concern, it was mentioned that GN particles help slowed down the damage done to Setsuna from Ali's shot. For this we can assume it has some healing properties that are amplified by the Trans-am burst. Now, the exact physics of GN particles and effects of the twin drive don't seem to be well know by anyone in the show, so to have anyone within the show explain it as such would make less sense. Therefore, you will never get a 100% conclusive answer, but you will never get that from any show.
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 18:25   Link #1067
kakakka

Quote:
1. If Tieria had direct access to Veda then why did he need seraphim?
To disable Veda-connected suit one-by-one is a such a chore. With Seraphim's Trial Field, Tieria could disable them in one activation. It's more sufficient that way.

Quote:
2. How the hell did the system know when to scan Setsuna's eyes?
It activates when a True Innovator tries to maximize TDS use. Regene was speaking hints to that.

Quote:
3. Please prove this healing factor. From episode 18 my subs say that the speed was slowed down, not reversed, and certainly not doing healing.
The fact that it slows down the spreading of "GN-Cancer" means it can neutralize GNTP. Anyone contracted with "GN-Cancer" can be "healed" from the disease.

Quote:
People were posting that as if it was the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. But they were wrong. That is what I don't like, when people take as if their assumptions are facts when they are assumptions.
People can look at some things and interpret it to how they want it to be. Viewers/People are like that. What you can do is either, put more sound/better facts in front of them or just leave them.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 18:34   Link #1068
nutype
Future MD

awww the silent treatment, that's really adorable kaioshin.
Old 2009-03-24, 18:53   Link #1069
Anavel
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
When was the last time ANY studio reversed their "damage" to a series in favour of those who didn't like where it was headed? And I thought people were all about a showing staying it's intended course less it become a "trainwreck" or whatever.

Sorry but people need to stop expecting a series to bend to their desires in order for it to be good for everyone. If they don't like where it's headed then fine that's their right and nobody is asking them to praise or enjoy it, but they need to stop thinking that their way is the only way and that because they don't like something that it's automatically wrong and bad. That's just flat out arrogance.
You missed what I was trying to point at about Sunrise, but I'll drop it since that's on an entirely different subject/problem/issue.
Anavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 19:05   Link #1070
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Lol, gundam thread is always too heated up for a casual gundam watchers like me to really join in in conversations. ^^;
I'll just say I thought it was a very good episode.
Old 2009-03-24, 19:05   Link #1071
Charred Knight

Nutype could you please hold it for next week

Personally I am coming up with a review of the season I am going to post after the series is over, so it does me now good to alienate the entire board until after that review is posted.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 19:08   Link #1072
kakakka

Don't worry, discussions for this week is going to be less.

I am expecting more discussions next week when the series is over. I am sure people would voice out their opinions more when that happens.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 19:15   Link #1073
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Don't worry, discussions for this week is going to be less.

I am expecting more discussions next week when the series is over. I am sure people would voice out their opinions more when that happens.
That's my expectation as well, the only question really remaining is just how over the top cheerful will this ending be.

I am expecting rainbows
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 19:22   Link #1074
TheOrder

Quote:
awww the silent treatment, that's really adorable kaioshin.
I find it really sad that you have to resort to taunting instead of walking away from a clearly degenerating debate like Kaioshin had the decency to do. It was bad enough reading your posts full of arrogance, immaturity and all-around nonsense, but going so far as to goading someone into continuing a pointless debate just so that you could feel better about yourself makes wonder what would push you to extreme self-righteousness.

Going by what I've seen from you, though, you'll probably try to refute this because you absolutely wouldn't want to admit that the way you've acted is borderline trolling.
TheOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 19:35   Link #1075
Lendial

Epic music when trial field was activated.

One thing I dont get is why the automatons were linked to veda, seeing as they were AI controlled. Also, what exactly does linking suits to veda actually do? i forget if it was ever explained, only that sumeragi used a back up operating system(lol windows) when veda was disconected during S1.
Lendial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 19:49   Link #1076
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendial View Post
Epic music when trial field was activated.

One thing I dont get is why the automatons were linked to veda, seeing as they were AI controlled. Also, what exactly does linking suits to veda actually do? i forget if it was ever explained, only that sumeragi used a back up operating system(lol windows) when veda was disconected during S1.
Thats exactly the point. The automatrons AI was coordinated and controlled by Veda, hence why it couldn't be simply called off by Billy.

Suits linked to Veda are given updated scouting report and acts like a central command and intelligence center. My guess is it also has AI to help coordinate attacks and tell pilots where they should be or who they should cover.
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 20:22   Link #1077
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

man i just watched first and second season in just 4 days lol...and im loving it...cant wait for the final episode...
on a side note form a eariler episode...im kinda mad renew had to die...i started to like her towards the end and why did Patrick have to die? kinda lame there also
crystalalien87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 20:24   Link #1078
SagaraSouske

That's the way to watch it, since it is really one story with 50 episodes.
SagaraSouske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 20:29   Link #1079
Lelite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
Suits linked to Veda are given updated scouting report and acts like a central command and intelligence center. My guess is it also has AI to help coordinate attacks and tell pilots where they should be or who they should cover.
Yeah, it seemed like they had to "File a report to Veda" after every mission, which seemed to contain, among other things, battle information for future reference. Like, for example, if there were units in the enemy identified to have special skills, that would be filed and taken into account by Veda the next time a Meister is involved in a battle with the pilots of said units - and for Sumeragi to use in her forecasting.

I actually thought it was a really smart idea. As a nerd of the technological side of battle, it just made me really excited.
Lelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 21:17   Link #1080
nutype
Future MD

@charred: i seriously doubt you'll see me complain about the coming episode. It's not like my primary motivation is to bash an episode, it's just that this one in particular was one of the worst. It was almost on the guren lagan level of ridiculousness (if GL is your cup of tea then disregard my statement). With what I've seen of in spoilers there is some optimism and from my limited gundam experience I find that the final episodes are usually great.