AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2004-05-24, 07:18   Link #1
K9Platnum685
Dark Hadou Master

Send a message via AIM to K9Platnum685
Thumbs up This forum really has strict rules.

And I am from Gamefaqs which is known for it's strict rules.

Last edited by K9Platnum685; 2004-06-13 at 01:06.
K9Platnum685 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-24, 07:30   Link #2
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Platnum685
And I'm from Animesuki. The difference is that I can spam and you can't.

Sorry K9Platnum685, but what is your point?
Flash_Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-24, 07:48   Link #3
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_Squirrel

Sorry K9Platnum685, but what is your point?
He wants drama!
But still, the rules aren't that strict, there are forums stricter that would ban for offtopic messages.
And with all the people registered out there, if there weren't good strict rules, the forum would eventually become a trash filled with semi-spam post
So that's why there are rules ^^ Well at least that's my guess
Old 2004-05-24, 07:53   Link #4
Lefteris_D

Here we go again...
Old 2004-05-24, 08:04   Link #5
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Quote:
GameFaqs... strict rules? As far as I can remember when I posted there, as long as you don't flame and generally don't hate, you are fine.
The stricter rules set here on this board are there for a reason. We the people involving in fansubs are skating a thin legal/ethical line and frankly, I like the order here as it is.
Melazoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-24, 08:07   Link #6
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany
He wants drama!

And bear in mind that outside this forum (Feedback), K9Platnum685 has only ever posted in the Naruto (barring one post). So, due to necessity, the Naruto forum is more strict (it unfortunately has to be) due to nature of the environment.

And Lefteris_D, what is exactly your point Making that sort of comment doesn't help anyone, it's almost flame bait
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-24, 08:11   Link #7
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris

And bear in mind that outside this forum (Feedback), K9Platnum685 has only ever posted in the Naruto (barring one post). So, due to necessity, the Naruto forum is more strict (it unfortunately has to be) due to nature of the environment.

And Lefteris_D, what is exactly your point Making that sort of comment doesn't help anyone, it's almost flame bait
Hooo I see...
I don't go to the Naruto forum, but I know a lot of people here are quite immature and that's why rules are stricter there
And this is also the forum that have the most view of all the forums (sometimes over 100 viewers!), so it doesn't help neither...
Old 2004-05-24, 08:25   Link #8
Lefteris_D

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
You got exactly my point. Every time we have such a thread it always ends up in a flame war.

Perhaps my request to keep things civil might be heard this time
Old 2004-05-24, 11:06   Link #9
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
i bet gamefaqs have the same rules, the mods here just enforce them.
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-24, 13:06   Link #10
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I used to go to Gamefaqs forum, it's kinda hard to mod the forums, too many games. And I don't know how many staffs they have, it just impossible to monitor all those forums 24 hours.

And there were alot of forums there that's like Naruto, usually popular game like Final Fantasy, where you get all this useless threads, just nonsense and flaming other games or asking the same question over and over again. While the good threads got swept away really fast.

I'm actually glad the mods in animesuki is quite dedicated in getting rid of those useless threads and spams.
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-24, 15:44   Link #11
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
I'm actually glad the mods in animesuki is quite dedicated in getting rid of those useless threads and spams.
nah. i miss those threads [/sarcasm]

Quote:
And there were alot of forums there that's like Naruto, usually popular game like Final Fantasy, where you get all this useless threads, just nonsense and flaming other games or asking the same question over and over again. While the good threads got swept away really fast.
seconded. i cant believe how many repeat threads are posted at FFXI allakazam... and the naruto section.

huh. i guess k9 is gone for good.
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 10:38   Link #12
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
I can see that this forum has a comparable strictness to relicnews..., I remember banning a member for just saying that he was only 12 y/o...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Squirrel
What!!! mods are permitted to spam...? or is it only a joke...

P.S. why was k9platnum685 got banned?...
Sid_Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 11:16   Link #13
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
huh. i guess k9 is gone for good.
Too funny you are the one to say that

As for the rules: I don't find them to strict
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 12:24   Link #14
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid_Burn
P.S. why was k9platnum685 got banned?...
For ban evassion. >.>;

Personally, I like the rules here. I don't find them strict or opressive.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 12:36   Link #15
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Oh, please. Considering the forum's size, AnimeSuki's staff manages to strike a good balance between enforcing the rules and not being total Nazis. I really don't see what you're complaining about. The boards I mod at are considerably stricter (which makes sense since they have around 8,000 members, while A-Suki has nearly 13,000). For the most part, I really enjoy posting here.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 16:10   Link #16
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
For once, I'm afraid I have to agree with the complainer :shutter:
K9Platnum685 is right. You do at times go a little overboard, but at least you listen to the complaints then count it as pointless bitching because it is. (here comes the favoring of the staff) They don't want to hear the same complaints over and over again. They have something called a lif and they are tired of repeating themselves.

Note to K9Platnum658: You could always go to Animejump! and get flamed and f-bombed for thinking differently and see their crappy insult attempts using retarded images with poor spelling with stupid minon fanboys who think FLCL is just so cool. Would you like the message board from hell?

Then either:

1. Deal with it.

2. Follow the rules.

3. Leave the boards/Get banned.

I really do hope you choose one of the first two. (Whoops! Too late to do that now, unless you purposely chose number 3 and the banned part.))

At the rate these n00bs flame and complain about the rules, eventually you guys will have to rename this part of the boards as the "Pointless bitching section".

Last edited by OutPhase; 2004-05-26 at 16:20. Reason: Spelling
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 16:54   Link #17
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
I was to ask you guys (Mainly to the ones that are complaining about the rules and/or the moderator team) this:

Do you think we made the rules to piss you off?
Flash_Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 19:35   Link #18
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Nah, you're not evil and tryng to piss us off with the rules (but to be honest, it is a lttle hard to go a topic that deosn't get locked for breaking a rule.) It's okay to make an acception. Abundant rules is the death of creativity/witty comments that can be enjoyed by all, even if it is a little dirty.
OutPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 20:24   Link #19
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Since this is a rhetorical question, what answer do you expect? Although it is quite a funny thing to imagine how you guys laugh sadistically after banning someone for no reason and give out prizes for the one who banned the most people. (Now which prize did you get, xris? And no, I don't want a prize á la xris (=ban) for writing that ).

After serious thinking I come to the conclusion that the forums and rules are only here to piss us users off. It is GHDPro's masterplan after all: Setting AnimeSuki tracker up was just a pretence to set up the Forums to piss us off

Note to Flash_Squirrel: Stupid questions get stupid answers

Edit: Wow, I actually got negative reputation for that post, pff~

Last edited by _Sin_; 2004-05-27 at 17:40. Reason: Spelling
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 21:41   Link #20
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
Quote:
I was to ask you guys (Mainly to the ones that are complaining about the rules and/or the moderator team) this:

errr... im not here to complain nor to flame... im just here to compare... anyway... the forum rules are okay... anyway... I am still worried that members are not allowed to spam while mods can spam...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX
Oh, please. Considering the forum's size, AnimeSuki's staff manages to strike a good balance between enforcing the rules and not being total Nazis. I really don't see what you're complaining about. The boards I mod at are considerably stricter (which makes sense since they have around 8,000 members, while A-Suki has nearly 13,000). For the most part, I really enjoy posting here.
You are also a mod from other forums? for how long?... me... for 2 years now...
Sid_Burn is offline   Reply With Quote