AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 4 13.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 23.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 30.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 20.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 6.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 3.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 3.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-19, 20:23   Link #61
relentlessflame

*Administrator

To game players: please stop alluding to potential plot developments/twists that the anime hasn't explored. As you know, source material spoilers are not permitted in episode threads, and it doesn't help if you suggest all around the issue but "just don't say the word". If you want to speculate using your game knowledge, please go to the speculation thread.

In other news, I totally agree with you, Sorrow-K; I don't know how it's connected to the game, but I think you've hit on an important part of the way they're developing these characters in the anime. Good point.
Old 2009-06-19, 22:10   Link #62
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
I see what Sorrow-K is getting at, but I feel that's greatly exaggerated from the game. I do agree that Alica's scarf is a symbol of her civilian dreams and goals, but they've greatly exaggerated how she and the others act in terms of lack of military discipline, and that irks me. At this point, I think as someone else has pointed out previously, it almost seems as if the setting of this in war time is just a facade the writers threw up to differentiate this from some other human interest anime. The game felt like a war story. The anime does not. To me, at least.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2009-06-20, 00:12   Link #63
dago2682
Nodoka Fan

@relentlessflame Sorry if i broke a rule but i felt the need to say something to exprees my feelings towards the anime´s plot choices,they are wasting a good plot by addng useless things and changing vital parts of the story.

and as JagdPanther said the anime doesn´t feel like a war story and that tho me is the biggest dissapointment of all.

I don´t thing source material is going to count as spoilers after this change,after all the anime seems to follow it´s own story.
Old 2009-06-20, 01:44   Link #64
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dago2682 View Post
@relentlessflame Sorry if i broke a rule but i felt the need to say something to exprees my feelings towards the anime´s plot choices,they are wasting a good plot by addng useless things and changing vital parts of the story.

and as JagdPanther said the anime doesn´t feel like a war story and that tho me is the biggest dissapointment of all.

I don´t thing source material is going to count as spoilers after this change,after all the anime seems to follow it´s own story.
I think there are certain things that are meant to be "surprises" in the game, and just because they present things a certain way right now in the anime doesn't mean they still won't deliver the same surprise later on in a different form. We do have threads where you can discuss and compare with the game, like the spoiler & speculation thread I mentioned earlier. If they're going a different direction, you still really can't know what they will and won't cover, and I don't want to see people make those kind of determinations in episode threads (because you might be wrong).

So anyway, the rule is, no future event source material spoilers in anime episode threads. Even if you don't think the anime is going to cover the same future event, please don't discuss it in episode threads until you're sure the opportunity has fully passed. In some cases, that may mean that some things should only be brought up after the show ends completely, or else you can discuss it in the other more appropriate threads.
Old 2009-06-20, 02:12   Link #65
kalbron

Well Alicia specifically states in the game that she wears her scarf to remind her that there's still her future goal of becoming a baking Meister after the killing is over. So yeah, it's meant to be symbolic because she chose it to be symbolic.
Old 2009-06-20, 02:31   Link #66
Unknown Soldier
:D

Also, Alicia wears her headscarf all the time, except in a few very specific situations. There's nothing symbolic about when doesn't happen to have it on except that it's a very important or formal occasion.
Old 2009-06-20, 04:01   Link #67
slayer545-sama
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Anybody else that thinks that the anime´s changes suck?
Specially this one
Spoiler for unbelievable plot change:

Seriously as if this change was necesary to improve the plot.
After this i can say without fear of being wrong that the anime sucks,how could they change this?
I don´t understand....
NICE PIC! I think this shows the MOE of the Hime. She does look like a loli simply because she has a flat chest!

Her skin tone though makes her look innocent. Whether she is or not is up to you guys to tell me who know more. As far as I know in real world some princess were just asses in war not doing anything or very little but some did do stuff such as Elizabeth to a degree.
Old 2009-06-20, 04:37   Link #68
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

lol @ Alicia blushing at every single man she encounters. Poor Welkin if he hooks up with her, I'm hoping he hooks up with the reporter, but I guess not :/
Old 2009-06-20, 11:41   Link #69
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Specially this one

After this i can say without fear of being wrong that the anime sucks,how could they change this?
I don´t understand....
I see no problem in this pic. In fact it may solve one fridge logic that's been bothering those who play the game.
However, this epiosde does bring up two fridge logic's.

Spoiler for 2 Fridge logic's:
Old 2009-06-20, 13:27   Link #70
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Great questions to which I have no answers. That's bothered me a lot, too.

But, one question in return... "Fridge logic?" I'm unfamiliar with the term and apparently so is Urban Dictionary.

Old 2009-06-20, 16:40   Link #71
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Great questions to which I have no answers. That's bothered me a lot, too.

But, one question in return... "Fridge logic?" I'm unfamiliar with the term and apparently so is Urban Dictionary.
When you watch something that doesn't make sense but the fact it doesn't make sense clicks some time later.

Such as when you're looking in the fridge after the show is over.

Really hated this episode.

I can understand the awards ceremony but the list of people going from the Militia didn't make sense.

Varrot should have been there as the head of the Militia but she was no where to be seen and instead we get two NCOs (Ramal and Alicia) and a lowly tank driver in her stead.

Hardly people who should be at such a formal VIP gathering of Europa's upper class.

I know this is all coming back to not a retelling of the game but it's gone to the other extreme of trying to be too different where consistency has been thrown to hell.

The ending better be good is all I'm saying; and it has to be outstanding to make up for all the crap so far.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
Old 2009-06-20, 16:43   Link #72
dago2682
Nodoka Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Spoiler for My opinion:

I´ll still watch hoping it gets better but i don´t have much hope.
Old 2009-06-20, 17:43   Link #73
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
When you watch something that doesn't make sense but the fact it doesn't make sense clicks some time later.

Such as when you're looking in the fridge after the show is over.
Ah, thank you for that explanation.

Old 2009-06-22, 20:12   Link #74
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
Quote:
Specially this one

I don´t understand....
Spoiler for Plausable explaination:

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Old 2009-06-22, 22:34   Link #75
JagdPanther

I think that's what relentlessflame was talking about... only not nearly as covert.

Old 2009-06-23, 00:43   Link #76
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
I think that's what relentlessflame was talking about... only not nearly as covert.
Yes, it was. So please, let's not say any more than that; keep secrets secret!
Old 2009-06-23, 03:13   Link #77
slayer545-sama
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Yeah, Hans was out of place in this episode.
Let me correct you on this one: If it was not for Hans, the team would have been mish mash in that first fight! Remember that animal trail is what made the two front attack work for once! Therefore if it were not for Hans the whole thing would have NOT WORKED! Put it this way.

In conclusion the pig was more vital than you think!
Old 2009-06-23, 10:06   Link #78
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer545-sama View Post
Let me correct you on this one: If it was not for Hans, the team would have been mish mash in that first fight! Remember that animal trail is what made the two front attack work for once! Therefore if it were not for Hans the whole thing would have NOT WORKED! Put it this way.

In conclusion the pig was more vital than you think!
I'm well aware of how vital he was to the Kloden Woods battle, thanks.

That said he's still a porclavian... at a formal ceremony.

Old 2009-06-25, 23:50   Link #79
feRfe

Cornelia --> Cordelia
Old 2009-06-26, 00:30   Link #80
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
It seemed that I got the vibes of Solid Snake after hearing Otsuka speak here in the episode.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Closed Thread