AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-28, 14:55   Link #41
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

just read the Novels first then watch the anime youd get more enjoyment out of it that way in my books
Old 2011-06-28, 15:59   Link #42
pancakes
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty543 View Post
just read the Novels first then watch the anime youd get more enjoyment out of it that way in my books
Hmm...okay where can I read the novels?
Old 2011-06-29, 14:09   Link #43
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancakes View Post
Hmm...okay where can I read the novels?
There's Volume 7 on Baka-Tsuki. Volume 1 is on sale.
Old 2011-07-01, 14:03   Link #44
Kaskodiona
Let's all love Shana-tan.

Location: Location? LOCATION YOU SAY?! ...I won't be a bot and say it like a bot.
GAWD DANG IT I FORGOT TO VISIT THE SITE I'M SO MAD AT MY SELF GRAAAH! And today I have a depression. I'm not talking to much and stuff. Well, I might be satisfied if I go and read some Shana novels. I dunno why, but I got my depression at the end of a livestream me and my friend did (DON'T ASK FOR THE LINK, IT'S IN POLISH!). So, I'm also happy because the release date of season III is released. If anyone knows what fandub groups are also popular? (I heard that eclipse is quitting, that's why I'm asking.) I might post tomorrow, I'm feeling better right now.

Edit: Imah better now. MY DEPRESSION, IT'S GONE YAY!

Last edited by Kaskodiona; 2011-07-02 at 10:22.
Old 2011-07-09, 02:59   Link #45
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

At long last. After waiting for so many years, season 3 is now here.
Old 2011-07-12, 08:20   Link #46
AP24

The latest Dengeki Bunko magazine this month should be out already, does it have any news on Shana?
Old 2011-07-12, 22:30   Link #47
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

We can't really discuss about that in this thread since it's a generic discussion thread. So you'll have to look in the novels thread for your answers if you want to spoil yourself.. (People really are spoiling themselves... I've got quite a good number of requests for spoilers...)
Old 2011-07-12, 22:32   Link #48
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
We can't really discuss about that in this thread since it's a generic discussion thread. So you'll have to look in the novels thread for your answers if you want to spoil yourself.. (People really are spoiling themselves... I've got quite a good number of requests for spoilers...)
I can't blame them, I sort of spoiled myself on the main points years ago but not the details or how it got to that.

But rather than spoilers, I need a refresher course on what happened again in season 2

P.S - I've only spoiled myself because I didn't think they would do a third season
Old 2011-07-12, 22:53   Link #49
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Edit: Well now everyone knows about a third season and can stop spoiling themselves. Curiosity killed the cat is how the old saying goes I think..

Last edited by Hooves; 2011-07-12 at 23:06.
Old 2011-07-12, 23:40   Link #50
pancakes
*Author

Quote:
Edit: Well now everyone knows about a third season and can stop spoiling themselves. Curiosity killed the cat is how the old saying goes I think..
Yes! Third season is coming. But, it's not here YET. So I guesss curiosity is replaced with excitement and anticipation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by genjichan View Post
will Yuuji be the bad guy? wll as they sid he'll be? will he become Immortal? knowing he's dead already and he's a torch
If you want me to explain some of the main points send me a private message and I'll help you out.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2011-07-13 at 01:43.
Old 2011-07-12, 23:48   Link #51
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
That was like...2 years ago I think... Most of it didn't make sense and there was this big gap between what I saw from season 2 and how things got to that point.

By 'that point', I meant when Yuji- ************************************************** ******

...Yeah, something like that *cough*

So how big of a gap is the time, in terms of volumes, from season 2 to season 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancakes View Post
Yes! Third season is coming. But, it's not here YET. So I guesss curiosity is replaced with excitement and anticipation.
They could wait 5 years, they could wait another 3 months
Old 2011-07-12, 23:52   Link #52
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Season 2 ended with volume 16. Judging by the last scene in Shakugan no Shana S episode 4, it seems season 3 is going to pick up in volume 16 as well. Well they sorta have to start off at volume 16 since going further will be nonsense..
Old 2011-07-13, 01:01   Link #53
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
hayst, can't wait to add this in my collection
Old 2011-07-13, 02:52   Link #54
alvinkhorfire

Spoiler does kill excitement, but background knowledge gained from spoiler allows you to immediately understand the anime Season 3. After all, the anime is unable to cover every single detail from the novels. Having said that, it is suffice to know just the major events from Novel Volume 16 onward. That way, you will not have much difficulty in understanding the plot of Season 3.
Old 2011-07-13, 08:58   Link #55
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Speaking of LN, how many volumes does Shakugan no Shana have?
Old 2011-07-13, 09:06   Link #56
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I believe there was about 24 novels if you don't count extras.
Old 2011-07-13, 20:09   Link #57
pancakes
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
Spoiler does kill excitement, but background knowledge gained from spoiler allows you to immediately understand the anime Season 3. After all, the anime is unable to cover every single detail from the novels. Having said that, it is suffice to know just the major events from Novel Volume 16 onward. That way, you will not have much difficulty in understanding the plot of Season 3.
I agree with most of your statement. In my opinion knowing what's going to happen and who's named what isn't important. Well it is, but that's not the reason why I enjoy stories like this. It's watching the story actually coming together and seeing characters come to life through dialogue and animation. I could give a **** about plot twists. That's why it doesn't affect me when I spoiler myself to certain information in a story. Major information is important to understand what's going on. I would never recommend anyone to spoil the climax though, the climax is too important. But just the whole thing and the feeling and the memories. That is what people enjoy, or at least that's what I enjoy.
Old 2011-07-13, 20:15   Link #58
pancakes
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That was like...2 years ago I think... Most of it didn't make sense and there was this big gap between what I saw from season 2 and how things got to that point.

By 'that point', I meant when Yuji- ************************************************** ******

...Yeah, something like that *cough*

So how big of a gap is the time, in terms of volumes, from season 2 to season 3?

They could wait 5 years, they could wait another 3 months
I'll have you know I am a veteran. I've been with the story since its debut. So, YES I CAN WAIT ANOTHER 3 MONTHS! Even though I think I waited long enough.
Old 2011-07-13, 21:18   Link #59
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:
I believe there was about 24 novels if you don't count extras.
Oh thanks.

Is it already announced on how many episodes should season 3 have?
Old 2011-07-13, 21:26   Link #60
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
Oh thanks.

Is it already announced on how many episodes should season 3 have?
Probably no different from the previous 2 seasons, which are 24 episodes each.

JC Staff's 2 cour series are usually that number.
Closed Thread