AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-23, 18:29   Link #20881
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ What? Do you want Ragnarök to happen that badly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
The way I interpret it, magic creates an irreversible process, think entropy or even Chaos Theory. Once the magic is used, even if the magician remembers how everything was, he cannot return the original state with his magic
And I beg to know how did you get it that way
'cause my brain is locked up on these points :
Spoiler for these points by js06:

But assuming you're right. Then, how did Fiamma manage to correct the elemental distortions during WWIII without even turning back the time or using IB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
By itself? none. Through her magic I'd say it's a certain thing. So the 50% would not apply (as you said, assuming I'm not wrong). Going by that she could turn all the world's water into orange juice with a 100% accuracy, if she wanted to do so.
Could you please translate in English 'cause I'm completely lost. Since when could her magic make something 100% sure without the 50-50 restriction just like that ... without even using Gungnir?
Old 2012-10-23, 18:49   Link #20882
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Fiamma remembers the correct order of the 4 arch elements. Unlike say, Vento who didn't even recognize her element and angel got reversed. He then have Gabriel forcefully re-order the stars into the right psoition to return the 4 arch elements back to normal.

The water to ornage juice example make sense. Because even Othinus fails at turning water in orange juice at 50%, there is no consequences. She just have to keep on trying until the water becomes the juice.
Old 2012-10-23, 18:54   Link #20883
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The water to orange is not the issue, the question that started this is whether the Maijin can return Touma and Index's memories.

Theoretically? 50:50 chance of being able to do anything.
Old 2012-10-23, 19:09   Link #20884
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
*stuff*
Hmm... I guess I was conveniently forgetting those paragraphs. Meh, I liked the idea of entropy bound magic but this really wasn't the case.

Although then, Ollerus didn't imply but downright stated that restoring the changes done by magic are indeed a memory issue. Why didn't you say that in the first place?

Still, about Fiamma, his "restoration" doesn't necessarily mean a return to what it was but a realignment to how it's supposed to be. I'm not sure how to explain it... If you have a house painted green, then red and then green again it will look similar to how it was, but it won't be the exact same paint coloring it. Well, since my entropy theory is down it really doesn't matter anymore.
Old 2012-10-23, 19:12   Link #20885
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

You know, I get a bad feeling that what happened with Birdway is going to bite Touma in the ass later.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2012-10-23, 19:14   Link #20886
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
I am secretly praying that the plot would develop in a way that everyone have misinterpreted Ollerus's goal, and he is after something nobody has expected... say... what he is truely after Dark Matter for the purpose of developing his own Horusian theory. Or trying to make a second contact with GUTS to recurit him to his side. Or is trying to reach Kumokawa who knows Touma before his memory loss which holds vital information over IB. Etc. Etc.
And as for Aleister and Othinius? The way things are it may not be too surprising that both have similar methods in mind. Who knows what Kreutne may be like after she's grown and "changed"
Old 2012-10-23, 19:19   Link #20887
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Af far as Aleister is concerned, the most hilarious scenario we can have is this entire chaos in city might accidently fix his plan and put him right on track.
Old 2012-10-23, 19:23   Link #20888
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

That would be best....I want to see his expression if that occurs.

His reaction so far is the equivalent of shitting his pants for one as emotionless as him

Anyway, does anyone else think Touma has grown soft in recent volumes?
Old 2012-10-23, 19:42   Link #20889
Acer
Death to the infidels!

my english is not the best, but you mean in the sense of being more enjoyable?
Old 2012-10-23, 19:43   Link #20890
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
@Cosmic Eagle: If talking about softer, I don't really think so. He's doing things I never expected him to do in this volume, but eh... when does he never

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2012-10-23, 19:44   Link #20891
mark1246

To the guy who thought it would take 2-3 month for this volume to be translated, WE DID IN A FEW WEEKS! >.< OOHH, cant wait for the epilogue
Old 2012-10-23, 19:47   Link #20892
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
To the guy who thought it would take 2-3 month for this volume to be translated, WE DID IN A FEW WEEKS! >.< OOHH, cant wait for the epilogue
Who is this 'we' -_- ?
Old 2012-10-23, 19:49   Link #20893
Acer
Death to the infidels!

I definitely never thought he would threaten someone with a drill and not being arrested by anti-skill for cause.
Old 2012-10-23, 19:50   Link #20894
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Shouldn't it be all js06's credit?
Old 2012-10-23, 19:50   Link #20895
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
@Cosmic Eagle: If talking about softer, I don't really think so. He's doing things I never expected him to do in this volume, but eh... when does he never
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
I definitely never thought he would threaten someone with a drill and not being arrested by anti-skill for cause.
I've always expected him to get shot one of these days... Just, not by the good guys...
Old 2012-10-23, 19:57   Link #20896
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
I mean in the past he would just blindly go on ahead and crush everything in his way like a bulldozer.

Here, he wavers more than usual....I wonder if it foreshadows anything
Old 2012-10-23, 20:09   Link #20897
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I mean in the past he would just blindly go on ahead and crush everything in his way like a bulldozer.

Here, he wavers more than usual....I wonder if it foreshadows anything
Well, for once he was responsible for a major incident...okay twice. But his failure to save Bersi may have made him more cautious.

On the other hand, we have a woman going around a destroying things to understand them.

Seriously, Anti-Skill rarely uses lethal weapons on the kids and the one time one does, it's touma.
Old 2012-10-23, 20:45   Link #20898
orangejuicetang

Somewhat unrelated, but is anybody finding themselves hitting refresh like every thirty fifteen ten five minutes in hope of seeing an update to the epilogue? lol

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2012-10-23, 20:46   Link #20899
Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Well, for once he was responsible for a major incident...okay twice. But his failure to save Bersi may have made him more cautious.

On the other hand, we have a woman going around a destroying things to understand them.

Seriously, Anti-Skill rarely uses lethal weapons on the kids and the one time one does, it's touma.
I agree Touma having a hand in the situation of Hawaii and Bagage city did caused a drasic impact on his personality. I believe the what hurt him most out all of this is the fact he believes his actions led to Kihara Kagun death which really haunts him.
Old 2012-10-23, 20:52   Link #20900
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I've always expected him to get shot one of these days... Just, not by the good guys...
I know, that's one of the most shocking turn of events.

But instead of the good guys, I'd say a trigger happy idiot of a noob...

Seriously, there wasn't a "put down your weapon" or even a "freeze", no no no, it was more like a "Ehh!?"*bang*
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Somewhat unrelated, but is anybody finding themselves hitting refresh like every thirty fifteen ten five minutes in hope of seeing an update to the epilogue? lol
Here's the answer for those wondering why BT crashes so often when a new novel comes out.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen