AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Clannad series - Overall Series Impressions & Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 280 64.97%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 96 22.27%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 31 7.19%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 2.32%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 0.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 0.46%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.46%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.23%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.23%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 1.16%
Voters: 431. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-07-19, 01:14   Link #741
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well, I will point out one thing for you. The two extras are the Tomoyo route (not Tomoyo After) and the Kyou route. Since both of those were romance routes, they are mutually exclusive to each other and to Nagisa's route. Thus they were seperated while keeping Nagisa's route since her's is the only one that leads to After Story (the generally accepted great part of the series).

For the rest. Eh. To each their own.
Old 2013-03-19, 16:24   Link #742
Haiprbim
Banned

I cannot believe I haven't voted on this thread yet!
Absolutely, a 10/10 from my side.
Simply an amazing experience watching it, great job.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 03:57   Link #743
Crassa
Streamline

Very interesting story, this anime is so much more than just a "slice of life" anime it was based on this world but ultimately it is another universe with an Illusionary World. Might want to read the "Discussion and Interpretation Thread" if anyone confused is reading this. It will explain so much!

Last edited by Crassa; 2013-06-11 at 13:35.
Crassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 07:49   Link #744
Ledgem
Love Yourself

I agree with a lot of what has been said about this series. It's been about a year since I started the first season, and I just finished After Story.

The second half or so of After Story is masterfully done, and somewhat unique as far as anime goes. It is a beautiful experience to get attached to characters and then see them go throughout life, hitting major life events that we, the viewers, are likely to experience ourselves. It is profound in that you vicariously live those moments, only to return to where you are in your own life with some further knowledge and understanding of what is to come.

The rest of the series, including the first season, somewhat drags down what the second half of After Story accomplishes. That's because the first season and the first half of After Story are fairly stereotypical high school drama series. Yet even as a high school drama series it felt somewhat banal; there were too many episodes where I didn't feel much motivation to move on to the next one. I almost inadvertently dropped the series twice by taking breaks, but continued on because I'm a completionist (and, not wanting to re-watch episodes that I had already seen, was worried that an extended break would cause me to forget everything and be forced to start from the beginning again).

There are some series where I watch them and then desire to share them with my wife. In those cases, re-watching the episodes that I've already seen is enjoyable. I wish I could share the second half of After Story with my wife, but I feel that we would need to go through the entire first series, at least, in order for its true impact to be felt. The thought of doing so feels as if it would be a chore.

I wish that more of Clannad were like the second half of After Story. It also would have been amazing if After Story had gone even farther, bringing Tomoya and Nagisa to old age, and Ushio to the point of high school or even new motherhood. Then we would see the entire "life cycle" in one series. It would have made for an even more beautiful experience.
Old 2017-07-30, 18:01   Link #745
Kamijou Touma IB
Imagine Breaker

Watched Clannad After Story last night I got to episode 16 and I when I was done my eyes were so red I could not see it is the saddest thing I have ever seen. I was not a fan of the music used during her death TORCH does not fit Dango Daikazoku would have been better. Tomoya has the worst luck ever and I thought Yuuichi had it bad. It left me so sad that at random points today I have just started crying (glad I did not have to work today). This anime death hit me harder than any other ever. I have got to finish the series now to see what happens. I can assume Tomoya is in a terrible place and blaming himself he finally finds happiness and then this happens. I feel for Nagisa and her family she also gets what she wants and then she dies.
Old 2017-07-31, 02:50   Link #746
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy Convoy View Post
I was not a fan of the music used during her death TORCH does not fit Dango Daikazoku would have been better.
Yeah, get used to that. The ending theme does have this terrible tendency to completely kill the mood, and you most definitely have not seen the last of it. I would say just stop the episode just before the credits roll.
Old 2017-08-05, 01:57   Link #747
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Due to this series though, I can't handle Dango Daikazoku anymore.
Old 2017-08-06, 18:10   Link #748
Kamijou Touma IB
Imagine Breaker

Watched AS 17-22 it was emotionally draining I was crying almost the entire time the only saving grace was the return of Fuka