AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-08-16, 16:59   Link #9241
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Why am I not surprised to see an S-35 CA be the top XP scorer for tier 5 TDs? That thing is a beast.

Also, note how the maximum and minimum top XP scores for tier 10 TDs are so much lower than the tiers below. Does this mean that tier 10 is bad or dangerous for TDs or something?
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-16, 20:14   Link #9242
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Same with HT. Mainly because they don't have higher tier tank to Inflate their exp

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-16, 22:30   Link #9243
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
The BP is such a joke tank, it's a matilda with a churchill III turret, with less rof than the church and with a turret as a weakspot
Actually, the turret on the BP is a Cromwell turret.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-16, 22:56   Link #9244
Gravitas Free Zone

It was sloppy as hell, but I got 32 kills in 12 games, which meets that small daily goal of making a wee pile of money. (Net of about 500K credits today actually, and I am out of time for today; not bad for just over an hour of game time.)

I now have all three Matildas. The normal Matilda is of course the best. The Matilda BP at least has somewhat useable penetration, but it is as slow as a Valentine. The Matilda IV has, potentially, about 35% greater alpha, but it can barely penetrate anything, so I'm actually loading a fair amount of HE in it. APCR barely brings that gun to 100mm penetration, so it would be a money hose to use.

Still, keeping in mind that the premium Matildas are at best support tanks, I'm managing okay with them. And no, I would not have ever purchased the Matilda BP if it wasn't 50% off. I would have waited for both to be on sale, but I got the IV last week because my T-54 crew really needed to build up daily XP without actually rolling around in a mostly-unmodified T-54.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 00:53   Link #9245
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Speaking of durable harmlessness, I am giving the 85mm on the KV-1 another try. The 8.6 accuracy buff has helped it, but it bounces off of every damn thing.
I find that the 85mm on the KV-1 to be more reliable for grinding credits and exp than the 122mm derp, in that with AP and knowing where to shoot, I can score hits, though as time goes I am seeing a fair number of bounces, probably because it doesn't do so well against angled armor. Still, at brawling range, it works well enough and hits hard enough for my liking; I find I do more damage overall and so get more creds than with the derp. I will usually carry a few rounds of APCR and HE; whatever I can't pen with AP, I can usually do some damage with HE. I find that in most cases, if I can't pen with AP, I'm probably not going to pen with APCR.

The derp does more damage, but it's near useless and range and highly situational; in contrast the 85mm can be used anywhere, anytime.

It must be said, however, that I personally enjoy myself a lot more when I'm using the derp. Yes, HEAT has been nerfed bad and HE is somewhat unreliable, but derp guns are a joy to play with. In VLCTY we have a habit of running around in M4 derp platoons and laying waste to anything that gets into our sights.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 03:53   Link #9246
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Should I keep low-tier tank(below tier 5)? Because the buying price of a certain tank is 132,000 credit
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 06:47   Link #9247
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
I'm watching GomTV World of Tanks stream atm (mainly a Korean Starcraft 2 tournament with some League of Legends)... and I have no idea what's going on lol.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 08:01   Link #9248
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunblade23 View Post
Should I keep low-tier tank(below tier 5)? Because the buying price of a certain tank is 132,000 credit
that is a small amount of money, I don't see why you couldn't afford it, also tier 5 tank make more money than the lower tier.

132,000 credit might just be your ammo cost in the highest tier.
Old 2013-08-17, 08:14   Link #9249
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunblade23 View Post
Does the tank perform well for you? Does it net you a lot of damage and kills per match or make you win a lot? Or is it simply fun to play?

Ask yourself these questions before you decide to sell a tank. Also take note that some tanks lead to multiple tanks (e.g. both the M4 Sherman and T1 Heavy Tank are researched from the M3 Lee), and you might like to keep them for the moment so you can grind them for another tank in the future.
Old 2013-08-17, 08:25   Link #9250
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

generally there is little reason to <T5 tank. unleash you like seal clubbing or tank collector
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
I'm watching GomTV World of Tanks stream atm (mainly a Korean Starcraft 2 tournament with some League of Legends)... and I have no idea what's going on lol.
not even about tank shooting other tank?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 08:48   Link #9251
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Lol I twilight my tier 1 just to seal club.

Anyways 132,000 of ur pure gold around tier 9 or 10. Regular ammo will cost half that much.

Deep kv is mainly for trolling and laughing and it will quickly get when you play it for too long.

If you want to keep any tier below 5 make sure you like playing it. Also make sure you choose wisely when you have limited hangar space. Unless you plan to buy more slots... you might need to increase your barracks at some point if you don't manage your crew and you buy new crew which will be a problem. Best idea is to retrain crew from previous tanks when you have limited space. I have capped my barracks space before and it's pretty bad when that happens.

A quick tip is to sell extra modules or unneeded modules from you depot usually from the last tank you had since not everything carries over.
Old 2013-08-17, 08:52   Link #9252
Gravitas Free Zone

8.8 supertest notes.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 09:07   Link #9253
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Quote:
- added new Soviet map “Tundra”, 800x800m, stone/wood terrain
- return of the map Serene Coast and Komarin (both heavily reworked), Swamp (slightly reworked)
Aww yeah, more map variety. This is just like getting four new maps in one patch for me. I've never played Komarin or Swamp in pubs, and I only got Serene Coast a few times in my early playthroughs. I'm glad to see them return.
Old 2013-08-17, 09:18   Link #9254
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Aww yeah, more map variety. This is just like getting four new maps in one patch for me. I've never played Komarin or Swamp in pubs, and I only got Serene Coast a few times in my early playthroughs. I'm glad to see them return.
Aaaah Komarin. The map that used to be hull-down heaven for me in the T29 back in the days, and where everybody camped the flags and got killed while trying to cross the middle island

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2013-08-17, 11:39   Link #9255
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Aaaah Komarin. The map that used to be hull-down heaven for me in the T29 back in the days, and where everybody camped the flags and got killed while trying to cross the middle island
You mean Campmarin , the map so bad they had to remake it like twice and then end up pulling it because the draw rate on the map was like 40%.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 11:59   Link #9256
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Ahhhh, Komarin. The map were I got my first top gun in an arty. That said is a map that surely benefits arty. Also Swamp back in rotation, man those old days are coming back.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 12:05   Link #9257
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
Ahhhh, Komarin. The map were I got my first top gun in an arty. That said is a map that surely benefits arty. Also Swamp back in rotation, man those old days are coming back.
When are these two tanks coming back (bottom left)

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 12:15   Link #9258
Sumeragi
Banned

Something I wrote:

- rebalanced the engines and general parameters of tanks E-50, E-75, Jagdpanther, Jagdpanther II, Jagdtiger, Panther II, Panther, Tiger, Tiger II, VK 28.01

Many have started panicking due the broad statement above. However, I believe while there will be quite a bit of hard number changes, those will be compensated enough to make the Panthers and Tigers enjoyable.

For starters, consider the engines, where we shall have the top engines (mostly Maybach HL 234) removed. At the same like, Maybach HL 234 is likely to be buffed to the planned 900 hp, while Maybach HL 230 P45 will be reduced to the more historical 690~700 hp. Basically we're going to be looking at a line of less accelerating cats which might be torture for those used to the high mobility of the past.

But at the same time, the Tigers will definitely be getting an increase in speed. Most likely Tiger will be 40 km/h and Tiger II / Jagdtiger will reach 38 km/h. The slow speed at players have been complaining of will be a thing of the past. Yes, the Tigers will now have wings, although a bit weak when compared to before. Still, terrain passibility and other such soft numbers will likely help soften the blow of the engine nerfs.

Aside from mobility, Panther and Tiger will also have improvements in firepower. As mentioned before, the Panthers will be getting a rate of fire increase, which allows them to bear their blows faster and thus be able to destroy their enemies. At the minimum Tiger II will get a depression increase, with possible changes for also Jagdtiger and Tiger. Of course, given the historical accuracy phase World of Tanks is going through, Tiger II will probably "regain" its historical lower glacis plate of 100 mm instead of 120 mm, but when has that small a difference helped someone anyway?

Keep calm and carry on, my fellow panzer commanders. Panthers are getting the rate of fire that was needed, Tigers are being faster than ever. This will be counterbalanced by engine changes. All this will be quite interesting in the future.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 12:41   Link #9259
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Dang pershing was a heavy classed tank... sure it was suppose to be used as a tiger hunter but i thought in real life they classed it as a heavy medium.

90mm main gun then upgradeable to the 105mm after the war.

I wonder if they will update with modern tanks like the abrams, t-90, the challenger... etc and maybe add norway in the future... i mean they added the chinese so why not add a nation that played a role in some wars.

At least italy should have been added before the asian countries..... i would laugh if they said lets add the canadians. i don't see them having much of a role besides D-day when they stormed Normandy with the brits.
Old 2013-08-17, 12:46   Link #9260
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
Dang pershing was a heavy classed tank... sure it was suppose to be used as a tiger hunter but i thought in real life they classed it as a heavy medium.
The Pershing was designed as a Medium tank, being an evolution of the entire T20 line of medium tanks. It only got reclassified as a Heavy tank during the war for morale purposes, but as soon after was once again called a Medium tank as per its original design intentions.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks