AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Old 2007-06-10, 17:54   Link #161
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotic_Virtue View Post
Dunno If Some One Has Posted This Yet....

But This What Happens When Lucky Star Meets American Wrestling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0UjKt2MvJw

P.V.
I don't know whether to laugh my ass off or scream in intense fear.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 21:15   Link #162
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Hope this hasn't been posted yet...

http://www.japanator.com/final-star

The cast of Final Fantasy VI dance the OP. Yeah.
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 21:54   Link #163
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
Hope this hasn't been posted yet...

http://www.japanator.com/final-star

The cast of Final Fantasy VI dance the OP. Yeah.
That wins on so many levels!!

Great find!

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-13, 16:27   Link #164
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Think I posted this one before.

Lucky Star + Z33 X Konata = Love

Spoiler for BOZZ post from IDW:

Last edited by HashiriyaR32; 2007-06-20 at 20:19.
HashiriyaR32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 16:25   Link #165
Animaniac: DN Guy
Stick a Sock in it!

Send a message via MSN to Animaniac: DN Guy
Lucky Star OP Reverse

Konata = Kira

Animaniac: DN Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 17:45   Link #166
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Hahah, you just HAD to bring Death Note into this!
Old 2007-06-14, 18:51   Link #167
Stick a Sock in it!

xD Yep, I had to!
Old 2007-06-16, 02:44   Link #168
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

セーラー服と機関銃 (Sailor Suit and Machine Gun) by 薬師丸ひろ子 (Yakushimaru Hiroko), Lucky Star #4 ED.

I can't believe there's youtube video for this oldie, but from the added date I'd say its probably Lucky Star related. This is the OP to a very famous satire movie about a high school girl inheriting her dad's yakuza gang. The 70's was filled with Japanese Yakuza films and TV shows, and this movie is a well executed parody of the genre. 2 TV series has been made from it, one as late as last year. When Kotana said she prefer the movie version, she was talking about the original 1981 movie, not the 1982/2006 doramas. When the girls talked about how they've watched the dorama together, they were most likely referring the 2006 version, which I'm currently watching as well. No 17-yrs old girl would prefer the movie over the dorama, thus Kagami calling Konata an Oyaji.

I didn't watch the original movie.... but the theme song everyone knew. Plus I did have a minor crush on the star of movie and the OP singer, Yakushimaru Hiroko. She was one of the more famous idol of the 80's, and her image was also clean and impeccable. She didn't have that many hits but her dorama and movies were very popular. I was both happy and sad when she retired to be married in 1991, but since she married one of my favorite singer/song writer, Tamaki Koji of Anzen Chitai, I didn't feel that bad about it. But of course they divorced and she was semi-active until last year, in which she became a respected character actor. One of the better end for an divorced ex-idoru, I guess.

I'm pretty sure most of the dudes in charge in KyoAni are my age... we're all into the same 80's idols! I guess KyoAni's making 80's cool again... I miss those good ole days. Why is Kagami singing this song? Maybe there are other anime references but those who remembered her Hiro-chan wasn't a cutesy idoru, but rather a straight up, serious type; not overtly mean but her attitude made Hiro-chan a prototype of the Tsundere'ko. Kagami singing her song is rather appropriate.

Another version of this song... this is an earlier recording and more like the Hiro-chan I remembered. This is her singing the same song last year (2006), man she still can sing!

Last edited by AVPlaya; 2007-08-05 at 22:29.
AVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-16, 15:01   Link #169
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Next episode of the Lucky Star / Rozen Maiden parody is up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2XoRGNPR-I

Suiseiseki as Kagami and Jun as Shiraishi now join the cast. You can tell I'm enjoying this. ^_^
Old 2007-06-16, 23:29   Link #170
Stick a Sock in it!

Old 2007-06-16, 23:51   Link #171
FGSFDS
This is FGSFDSPARTAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animaniac: DN Guy View Post
This one's cool.
FGSFDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-16, 23:59   Link #172
Stick a Sock in it!

Yeah! Thanks! More to go!

NOTE: This is the same Konata = Kira but this time it's different! The start is same but ending part in different!
Old 2007-06-17, 01:52   Link #173
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but whoever made this is what I'd call a true fan:

http://nicopon.jp/video/player/sm458434
Old 2007-06-17, 14:46   Link #174
Psychotic_Virtue

For You Kagami Fans!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L20KZNaE1QM

P.V.
Psychotic_Virtue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-17, 17:30   Link #175
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Okay, this is not a music video, but it's a video all of you are dying to see.

This is the ORIGINAL 1984 TIMOTEI Shampoo/Conditioner/Body Wash CMs. There are more than 1... keep watching until the last one and you'll see the inspiration for Kotana's impression. How did Kotana see a CM from 1984? Her Dad video tape primetime Dorama?

CM Collections #1
http://www.nicopon.jp/video/player/sm191710

CM #2 (larger version of first CM in Collection #1)
http://www.nicopon.jp/video/player/sm191741

For people wonder why all the actress in the CM are blondes.... the shampoo is from the UK and it's marketed as foreign shampoo, that's why.
Old 2007-06-17, 19:10   Link #176
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

I'm Proud by 華原朋美 (Kahala Tomomi), Lucky Star #10 ED. Performed by Kagami-sama.

3rd single by #2 Komuro Family Member Kahala Tomomi (#1 being Amuro Namie). Released in 1996, the song together with her Single #2, I believe, became her signature work. She was the representative of the Japanese OL's new found self-confidence in the post bubble economy. Although she has idol looks, she was loved more by women than men. Notice in her PVs she rarely shows off her cleavage (she was famous for it) but instead dress like OLs. Like Ayumi of today, she's singing for the girls of her generation. The best part of the Lucky Star parody is when girls in real life do sing this song, they really do break their voice at the exact spot depicted in the ED. Awesome reference.

Some other signature works by Tomo-chan:

I believe, 2nd Single. My personal favorite Tomo-chan song.

Hate Tell A Lie, 6th Single. Karaoke favorite for many girls in the late '90s. And yes that title is in Engrish (Komoru is famous for this, anyone remebers "Body Feels Exit?)

Save Your Dream, 5th Single. Komoru really abused her voice in this one. Fun song to sing in Karaoke. KyoAni really should have picked THIS song for the ED.

Love Brace, 4th single. This is just a short CM featuring the song. Just want to show what Komuro, the God of JPOP, looked like.

Man, any more references like this Lucky Star is going to become my favorite anime ever.

Last edited by AVPlaya; 2007-08-05 at 22:31.
Old 2007-06-18, 03:02   Link #177
illogicalcow
nyah

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post

I'm Proud by 華原朋美 (Kahala Tomomi), Lucky Star #10 ED. Performed by Tsukasa/Miyuki.

3rd single by #2 Komuro Family Member Kahala Tomomi (#1 being Amuro Namie). Released in 1996, the song together with her Single #2, I believe, became her signature work. She was the representative of the Japanese OL's new found self-confidence in the post bubble economy. Although she has idol looks, she was loved more by women than men. Notice in her PVs she rarely shows off her cleavage (she was famous for it) but instead dress like OLs. Like Ayumi of today, she's singing for the girls of her generation. The best part of the Lucky Star parody is when girls in real life do sing this song, they really do break their voice at the exact spot depicted in the ED. Awesome reference.

just a minor correction, but this was sung by Kagami-sama. aside from that, good post. =)
illogicalcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-18, 11:49   Link #178
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by illogicalcow View Post
just a minor correction, but this was sung by Kagami-sama. aside from that, good post. =)
Ah, yes, my bad; post fixed. I remember now Tsukasa said that One-chan is the better singer of the two. I guess I was just shocked at the song choice... I can't believe it when it heard it... it was something I was so familar with; I was a big fan of Tomo-chan up until Komuro dumped her (and she became a basket-case). I mean, from an otaku POV this is the last song I was expecting. OPs from anime and obscure sentai shows? Fine. Oldies from JPOP idols of the 70's and 80's? No problem. But one of the most popular song in the mid-90's? I did not see that coming.

I can just see the director asks the staff what's the most unlikely song they'd expect to hear the girls sing, and the 30 plus female animators at KyoAni suggested the most anti-otaku song they can think of - the OL Anthem of the 1990's by a Komuro Family member. You just can't get more mainstream then that. Man, now Miyuki can start belting out Ayumi's "Blue Bird" and I wont' be so surprised anymore; althought I kinda see her singing a guy song next... not sure why. Actually I see Tsukasa more of a Ayumi fan...
Old 2007-06-18, 13:23   Link #179
ClowKusanagi
Face emo change!
*Artist

Ever wondered how will it be if you combine Lucky Star soundtrack with orchestra, or in this case, wind orchestra?

Result: First Symphony Orchestra "Lucky Star" for Wind Orchestra

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdTpeIDzBYY

Whoever made this deserved a cookie
Old 2007-06-18, 23:26   Link #180
BPHaru

We have a winner

Lucky Star OP using characters from Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu.
Complete version.

Total frames: 1500+
Time spent for the whole process: 2 months

Using Tsuruya as the 4th member was a complete WIN!

Saludos, Haru

Last edited by BPHaru; 2007-06-18 at 23:59.
BPHaru is offline   Reply With Quote