AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-03-09, 07:56   Link #1021
Kenshin3
Gundam Wing Zero

i hated that lacus..what was that copies name..i forgot..meer, i hated that outfit..bah, weird ass show, but story is still likeable
Kenshin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 11:26   Link #1022
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Are the explosions pink?

If so, paint that mother pink!

It's clearly a form of clever optical camouflage.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 13:44   Link #1023
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan the Man View Post
Of course... Had Mustang had his way, all female officers would be like Lunamaria, wearing tiny miniskirts!
God, how could anyone forget that scene? It was the most epic part of the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb View Post
Are the explosions pink?

If so, paint that mother pink!

It's clearly a form of clever optical camouflage.
So, hypothetically,we could blow it up and no one would notice?
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 17:48   Link #1024
4Tran

Are we onto silly stuff like the color of different units now? I'm not sure why this is even an issue since pink is no worse a color for a ship than white to begin with.
Old 2009-03-09, 22:27   Link #1025
Dan the Man
Defeater of Robot Masters
*Artist

Location: Wherever YOU aren't. Thanks for not visiting... *Sniff*
Send a message via AIM to Dan the Man Send a message via MSN to Dan the Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Are we onto silly stuff like the color of different units now? I'm not sure why this is even an issue since pink is no worse a color for a ship than white to begin with.
No, it really isn't. I guess the pink just isn't manly enough for Gundam viewers.

Yeah, yeah, don't bother. No need to comment on that, I already know...

-----Chicks dig giant robots------
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 22:29   Link #1026
sx3
0 Gundam

To answer this threads question. Everything. That's the answer
sx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 14:07   Link #1027
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

What killed me was the Reasoning of opposing the bad guys....
And
The Reused fight scenes
With the Refusal to focus on One Person as the protagonist the entire time
Pick Shinn Or Kira!
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-10, 14:14   Link #1028
justavisitor

I like the color pink XD...and pink mini skirt was one of the plus in destiny

In fact, someone makes the parody that the true reason Arthun agrees to return to Zaft is because the chairman promises Arthun that he will promote the mini-skirt to every female solider in Zaft...however, it turns out that only Luna is fitted to wear it and other female soldiers oppose the idea violently, so the mini-skirt idea is banned and Arthun get betrayed XD

Just a joke, don't take it seriously
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 10:55   Link #1029
elindir
Overreacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan the Man View Post
No, it really isn't. I guess the pink just isn't manly enough for Gundam viewers.
Red was manly enough for Char. Some fans even say that his suits (like his Custom Zaku) weren't red at all, but pink. This means pink is manly.
Old 2009-03-27, 11:22   Link #1030
Seibee
Mwu Fangirl

The Pink Comet doesn't sound quite as impressive, though..
Seibee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 13:43   Link #1031
elindir
Overreacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seibee View Post
The Pink Comet doesn't sound quite as impressive, though..
I'm sure there are some people who would love that name.
Old 2009-03-29, 18:26   Link #1032
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Well, origin had its share of pink explosions, too...
Old 2009-03-29, 20:50   Link #1033
WhiteWings

I've learned only be experience to never judge the anime by its title.

Reason for GSD failing? Too much characters. Too many plots. Too many loose ends. Not enough episodes to really cover even half of them. And finally the original casts from Gundam SEED was just to prominent to remain in the backstage and eventually took over the series.

I mean initially the openings had the new characters in charge as time went on GS characters like Kira and Athrun take over.
Old 2009-03-29, 21:07   Link #1034
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWings View Post
Reason for GSD failing?
That depends on how you define failing.

If by the obvious goal of making money, GSD succeeded beyond belief in the territories where the series was spawned. It launched the franchise into new heights and placed Kira/Lacus on the charts for years to come.

And while GSD did have many faults, I certainly liked it.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 21:17   Link #1035
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post

If by the obvious goal of making money, GSD succeeded beyond belief in the territories where the series was spawned. It launched the franchise into new heights and placed Kira/Lacus on the charts for years to come.

- Tak
From what I saw it just rode on the popularity of Seed and nothing more, it didn't really seem to change anything for its popularity.
Old 2009-03-29, 21:22   Link #1036
FruitsPunchSamurai
Banned

Quote:

- Tak
Actually it was Seed that launched the franchise into new heights and was considered the second coming of Gundam after the original series all Destiny did was milk from the success of Seed by adding new characters into the mix and while a success it didn't beat SEED in ratings and sales figures. And keep in mind that the only people who "liked" Destiny for what it was despite it's apparent flaws wasn't watching so much for plot but for the "flashy pew pew lazers and melodramatic bishounen/shoujo leads"
FruitsPunchSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 21:23   Link #1037
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
From what I saw it just rode on the popularity of Seed and nothing more, it didn't really seem to change anything for its popularity.
Not really. If you kept up with the polls, Kira and Lacus did not have their dominance until they were reintroduced in the middle of Destiny. It was pretty much Destiny that made them the kings and queens that they are today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitsPunchSamurai View Post
"flashy pew pew lazers and melodramatic bishounen/shoujo leads"
I don't think anyone could disagree with that. Then again, if it works, it works. Certainly it worked for me, because in all honesty, I didn't give much of a shit about Shinn.

Never mind that it also spawned the most games in the shortest period of time. More so than any single Gundam series in the past. So no, GSD is not a failure. Very far, far, far, far from the truth.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-03-29, 21:26   Link #1038
Charred Knight

Quote:
Actually it was Seed that launched the franchise into new heights and was considered the second coming of Gundam after the original series all Destiny did was milk from the success of Seed by adding new characters into the mix and while a success it didn't beat SEED in ratings and sales figures. And keep in mind that the only people who "liked" Destiny for what it was despite it's apparent flaws wasn't watching so much for plot but for the "flashy pew pew lazers and melodramatic bishounen/shoujo leads"
I was actually just watching Gundam Seed Destiny for Mu
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 21:31   Link #1039
FruitsPunchSamurai
Banned

Quote:
Not really. If you kept up with the polls, Kira and Lacus did not have their dominance until they were reintroduced in the middle of Destiny. It was pretty much Destiny that made them the kings and queens that they are today.

Then there is the model sale figures. I probably don't need to remind you just how popular Strike Freedom (in all of its incarnations) was. Then there is the games... etc. Destiny spawned more games in the shortest period of time than probably anything before it.

- Tak
Kira and Lacus had been popular since the first series and this has not changed, it helps the fact that between 2002-2006 no other male or female character had made a name for themselves since they were eclipse by the franchise's massive popularity back then and it was only until recently with Code Geass that both Kira and Lacus got shoved from their thrones by Lelouch and C.C.
You seem to be confused about the main motif of the thread whether Destiny was a hit is irrevelant since it's still look down upon by the fanbase because it was a essentially a trainwreck. You may be able to look past these flaws but other more observant fans can't look past it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
I was actually just watching Gundam Seed Destiny for Mu
Same here. Despite the writers completely destroying what significance his death brought to everyone who saw it with a lame cop-out in Destiny, he was the only person that kept me watching.
FruitsPunchSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 21:34   Link #1040
Tak

Quote:
You seem to be confused about the main motif of the thread whether Destiny was a hit is irrevelant since it's still look down upon by the fanbase because it was a essentially a trainwreck. You may be able to look past these flaws but other more observant fans can't look past it.
The thread asks what caused gsd to fail. I am simply pointing out the obvious that it did not, especially in the financial front.

If that is not the motif of the thread, care to explain what was. Moreover, while you may look down upon this particular series, it does not mean I agree. Personally, in fulfilling the fanbases' desires, I think it done a superb job.

Quote:
Same here. Despite the writers completely destroying what significance his death brought to everyone who saw it with a lame cop-out in Destiny, he was the only person that kept me watching.
He was brought back even before Destiny's broadcast. The SEED specials pretty much implied his return.

- Tak