AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2006-12-26, 19:27   Link #41
Lebron
I hear voices

Yup good Halo times ahead. Plus the new Halo 2 maps coming out next year, will make me dust off my copy. But ah, the Halo Live Kids, man thats why I stopped playing in the first place.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, heres the Marty song from the E3 trailer, w/o all the dialog and what not. Just the music,

http://www.zshare.net/audio/halo-3-0...fight-mp3.html
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-28, 23:49   Link #42
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Lebron, mein freunde, you're a lifesaver. I've been looking for that particular piece, but since I can't torrent, was about to give up until you provided it. Thanks!
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-03, 01:47   Link #43
Cloud.Final.Fantasy
Call me Cloud..Mr. Cloud.

Send a message via MSN to Cloud.Final.Fantasy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicubus View Post
welll its not bungie saying that halo 3 is coming out its fye and here the ending leak well you'll love it if you been to the bungie web site http://halo3ending.ytmnd.com/ but you can see the perview at http://www.bungie.net/News/Story.aspx?cid=8147 this is all thanks to bungie.net
Oh I Saw That..It Looks Pretty Good..The Concept seems To Be the Same..Uhh...well ..All Halo Games are the Same Anyway...

Same Enemies..same Planet..same Guns [I May Stand Corrected] Same Everything!! Also..I might add...Its the Same People ..why not New Characters o.O Come on Microsoft//Bungie!
Cloud.Final.Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-03, 08:59   Link #44
Lebron
I hear voices

Well the reason for that, is simply due to that the 3 Halo games are pretty much just 1 long game, broken up into 3, like the LOTR trilogy. However, Halo 3, does have some new weapons, environments, and some new characters, if you've been following it. Still the game is a year off, so, still don't know fully what they have in mind. But it will be more similar to Halo 1 as in style, and feel.
Old 2007-01-04, 10:12   Link #45
Red-Winged Angel
A Fallen Male Angel

Send a message via MSN to Red-Winged Angel Send a message via Yahoo to Red-Winged Angel
Well.. I have to say that halo 3 will have a more feel of halo 1 in maps style like as in the weapons' power will be increased, yet the weapon varies into Halo 2, and also i am hoping for the other spartans come into play.
and btw i believe that halo 3 will be a three way battle: Elites/Humans/Grunts/Hunters vs. Brutes/Jackals/Buggies/Higher Archs vs. Flood
Now the reason why i say this is b/c you have to watch, who fights with whom at the end, but to be a flood is stupid for certain reasons... they dont think...they are controled by the Parasite which in turn is contolled by Gravemind. Now it would be sweet to be a flood but i just dont see it happening anytime soon. but for the other campaigns i would love to be a grunt, they are one of the best characters and also.. have you seen Halo Wars? Also their is to be at least one more halo game to follow Halo 3 b/c their are 5 other installations or Halos left.

Last edited by Red-Winged Angel; 2007-01-04 at 10:14. Reason: b/c i messed up on some details
Red-Winged Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-04, 12:33   Link #46
Lebron
I hear voices

Well yea, that 3 way battle scenario has been hinted in the books and the graphic novel, along side with Halo 2. So I wouldn't be surprised if it did turn out something like that, but then again, its Bungie, they seem to like throwing out surprises. Heck I thought I had the whole Halo 2 storyline down to a science before it was even released, and yea, it turned out nothing like I thought :P

But the main thing is that the Master Chief/Halo game storyline will come to a end with 3. So no more "Finish the Fight" surprises like in Halo 2's ending, hopefully.
Old 2007-01-04, 13:40   Link #47
Red-Winged Angel
A Fallen Male Angel

Send a message via MSN to Red-Winged Angel Send a message via Yahoo to Red-Winged Angel
yeah i guess that is true with bungie they like to throw in little surprises here and there. But i believe that it will end with 3 but if they want they can go even further then just 3. Yet if you look up Spartans - II project, it tells you that there are spartans still alive, other then master cheif.
Old 2007-01-04, 20:47   Link #48
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
I honestly hope they end it.

I don't think Halo 3's launch is going to be greater than Halo 2's, especially since there were probably a lot more XBox's out there during H2's launch than there will be 360's around at H3's.

It's a great series and all, but I can't see them squeezing any more canon storyline into a Halo 4.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 00:17   Link #49
Lebron
I hear voices

Bungie's already said, that they themselves are done with their Halo series after 3, for now, that is.

After Halo 3, the next game up is Halo Wars produced by Ensemble Studios, then after that its the game Peter Jackson and that Studio(who's name I can't think of right now) are developing that takes place in the Halo Universe, but is a new IP. I know Halo Wars will be great, just judging by Ensembles track history with RTS's. However, the new Halo IP one is up in the air. The game is still like 3+ years off, so no need to be thinking about it.

Besides, MS has the Gears of War franchise to milk now, since its already sold over 2million worldwide :P
Old 2007-01-05, 00:57   Link #50
Papaya
Sup

GoW makes me worry.

I hate Epic for it.

They should be working on UT2K7 ;_;
And honestly, the frame rates on the PS3 for that game looked pretty bad. Oh well, I'll be playing it on PC anyways.
Old 2007-01-05, 01:27   Link #51
Lebron
I hear voices

UT should only be played on the PC, IMO. Also, no way in hell I would ever play that game with the PS3 controller, trick that. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they announced for the 360 come E3 July, as well. Still doesn't matter. I'll be buying and playing the PC version :P
Old 2007-01-05, 03:14   Link #52
Papaya
Sup

Indeed, it'll be damned impossible to aim using a controller with UT's pace.

With that said, the new version of Onslaught looks boss.
Old 2007-01-08, 01:13   Link #53
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron View Post
the game Peter Jackson and that Studio(who's name I can't think of right now) are developing that takes place in the Halo Universe, but is a new IP.
- I've got this weird feeling in the back of my head that's telling me that Peter Jackson's Halo project might be an RPG. No proof, just a gut feel. Will it work, though, is the question?
Old 2007-01-08, 10:11   Link #54
Red-Winged Angel
A Fallen Male Angel

To be honest a rpg of Halo would only be good if it is within the Covenant nothing else b/c then you could start as any of the Covenant like a Grunt and work your way up the ladder of the army.
Old 2007-01-08, 10:34   Link #55
Lebron
I hear voices

Yeah, that PJ game is a mystery. I would assume it would be a shooter, either 1st person or 3rd, but maybe they will branch away from it. Since maybe they want to break away from what Bungie did, or something.
Old 2007-01-08, 10:51   Link #56
Red-Winged Angel
A Fallen Male Angel

i think that it will be good but not great...altho... i could be wrong...*sigh* what can we do but wait..
Old 2007-01-08, 11:06   Link #57
Lebron
I hear voices

Yup, the game is still like 2+ years from ever seeing the light of day. I'll just hold off until they show some kind of Trailer, most likely CG, so that I can get a feel of what direction they're trying to take.
Old 2007-01-09, 03:49   Link #58
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron View Post
Yeah, that PJ game is a mystery. I would assume it would be a shooter, either 1st person or 3rd, but maybe they will branch away from it. Since maybe they want to break away from what Bungie did, or something.
- I'd say that an FPS would be the LAST thing they'd want to make.

An RPG (BTW: I mean a regular RPG, not an MMORPG) would be interesting, but I think that if it only covers the Covenant and not Earth forces, it's going to die a horrible death (do you know how many people hate Halo 2 -solely- because they hate playing "that dirty alien" Arbiter?). No, it's got to be at least allowable for both sides. I'm only guessing RPG because it seems like the kind of thing that might fit...so far. Peter Jackson's mentioned "trying to make a game that blends in with movies" or something like that--I think that an RPG is the best possible way to do that.

I don't think an RTS would be it, since we're already going to see Halo Wars.
Old 2007-01-09, 03:55   Link #59
Lebron
I hear voices

I just have a hard time imagining how they would implement an RPG system with Halo. Iono, just sound weird, but I guess it's possible. Also what type of RPG are you talking about, action based or turn based?
Old 2007-01-09, 09:29   Link #60
Red-Winged Angel
A Fallen Male Angel

Well for me, and like a said before... if it goes with only covenant then start as a Grunt work your way up to say an ELite (from the beginning of Halo books or Game) but with the Earth Forces...well that is a bit more difficult considering that the ranks are far and numerous...*sigh* I just hope it doesnt fall flat on its face... I want to just play to see how it work.