Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-02, 14:47   Link #41
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by niwasatou View Post
A true healing series. At about one minute into episode 1, I already felt warm and fuzzy.
And it even got a few laughs - which is admittedly rare in this kind of series (with exceptions, obviously) - which were genuinely amusing. Like, let's draw darkness.. a loud cat.. a perfect arrangement of noodle soup, on a spoon..heavens
"Let's draw darkness" really got me rolling even though I had to do a stop-and-drag-back-rewind to get the joke.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 15:28   Link #42
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
haha...yami...haha

pretty cute slice of life series ^_^ though im not sure if i can stay awake watching the raws as the theme of such series usually put me to a comfortable sleep if i dont understand the dialogue
but it was nice...sora is really overly shy but goddam cute! this series probably doesnt have much of a plot to go for but it doesnt really matter

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-02, 19:07   Link #43
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Took me a while to download this

Compared to my early enthusiasm, my feelings with episode 1 are a bit mixed. I enjoyed Sora's wandering around town for things to draw, the group 'discovering' the secret grove, ambient music, all good. Sora's monologue is really nice to listen to. Favorite scene, the cat leaving its footprint on Sora's sketchbook

But I just can't get used to Sora's, er... stuttering? It just seems, forced. Give me Mugi-choko's stuttering any day. And the "heavenly spoonful of noodles" is so clichéd I wasn't sure how I should respond (maybe I've been watching too much Zetsubou-sensei... all clichés seem to have a hidden meaning). This, is how I see comedy in Sketchbook should be:
Quote:
Itterasshai~
Okaerinasai~
Nothing exaggerated, sounds like a real life joke, but still silly.
Old 2007-10-02, 19:20   Link #44
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
The first episode was kind of nice. At least as far I can tell anyway.... This has definite potential for me. So I'll see it how it progresses.
Old 2007-10-03, 00:06   Link #45
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

I think I will keep up with this show for the fall. hopefully it will come out good. MFI has been releasing alot of great sounding titles this past year, but quite a few of them have not been up to par. This might be an uplifting romp though.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 13:09   Link #46
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I like that this has a very Uta~Kata feeling in terms of visuals (yeah i know because of Hal Film Maker), though it goes to show that you can find little connections --- like Aria-relaxing the first episode was.
Old 2007-10-05, 00:35   Link #47
4ran

Send a message via AIM to 4ran Send a message via MSN to 4ran Send a message via Yahoo to 4ran
I might watch this anime..
4ran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 05:13   Link #48
fallenangelash
Misao-ISM
*Fansubber

im going to watch this anime. cats and art FTW!
Old 2007-10-05, 09:30   Link #49
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

I was about to say no subbing love for this anime? And then I see (MFI). I want to call someone bitch.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 10:39   Link #50
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Ah, this was a wonderful first episode. Charming and funny. Full of simple pleasures and observations. Nothing too profound, just a look at the world through the eyes of a socially enept yet endearing characters. Sora is sweet, I loved how she tried to fend of the advances of 'camera girl' lol. Her scatty monologues (those bits I understood) are unusual, especially as she doesn't say much at all beside them. But that's okay. I could probably listen to Kana Hanazawa reading the Dictionary and be quite happy about it. She'll always be Ryoko as far as I'm concerned, but it's great that her profile has risen so much that she's the main star of this show. Good for her. She's a great talent with a very natural and distinctive voice.

Aside from Sora, I thought the rather oddball Najima was great (and her seiyuu is hard not to miss). Those two characters seem to be on the same wavelength. At least compared to the others we've seen. I thought it was sweet how Natsumi drew a picture of Sora sketching, but didn't show it in the end.

I'll be following this one. I'm pretty sure it will be a delight.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-08, 19:03   Link #51
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Episode 2: NEKO NEKO NEKO!!!!!!!!!!!

And the OP is.... just great.
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-08, 19:08   Link #52
Midonin
Last Engage

I'll comment on the OP, since that's all I've really seen of episode two (or...the series.)

This is the perfect kind of song to listen to to calm you down and pick you up...just puts you at peace. I can't wait for the full release.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-08, 19:57   Link #53
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Episode 2 was another fun, sleepy calm episode with lots of focus on cats...

Great opening that fits the series, makes me sleepy...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 13:04   Link #54
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Episode two was good, too. Some funny bits. Some touching bits. A bit of actual fine arts education watching Sora look at the world. And Hanazawa Kana has such a moe voice. Saitou Momoko is good as Kuga.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 03:57   Link #55
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Finally gave up and acquired the raws for 1 and 2 ............. I *love* this series.

From the character design, the zen-like calm+humor..... and the animating style itself.

(Minor points for a show having a few male characters with actual dialog in a character-driven comedy)

The dialog was straightforward and uncluttered enough I was actually able to follow most of it (if not any of the more subtle remarks).
Old 2007-10-10, 16:34   Link #56
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
what can i say? pretty relaxed and cute direction towards a slice of life series. She really does like nekos
The OP/ED songs are great! quite soothing and has the ability to lull me to sleep - cant wait for the full albums

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 01:15   Link #57
Dop
Mmmm....

Like Vexx, I've seen episodes 1 and 2 in RAW.
Even though I don't know enough Japanese to follow the dialogue (the odd word or phrase here and there, and that's it), I really like what I've seen.

I just hope some nice people we can't talk about will do something we're not allowed to mention.

Really must try and learn more Japanese!!!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 02:02   Link #58
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Ah, I went to Animate (again) today and they were showing Sketchbook on the TV. I'll still hold off until subs, but it looked very nice; I actually stopped and started watching for a while before even realizing it was Sketchbook. I really look forward to it.
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 18:26   Link #59
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
...I just hope some nice people we can't talk about will do something we're not allowed to mention. Really must try and learn more Japanese!!!
Third solution: learn some Chinese. Four groups of nice Chinese people are already doing the unmentionable.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 21:47   Link #60
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

The first episode of Sketchbook's web radio is on air at Animate TV. It's called Sketchbook Warm-and-fuzzy Radio (スケッチブック ほんわからじお). Just barely listened to it (plan on burning it for the drive to school tomorrow), but Sora, Natsumi, Hazuki's seiyu's, and the director seems to be on today's show.

PS: There's an ARIA OVA commercial near the beginning, confusingly.

Tags
comedy, hal, school life, seinen, slice of life