AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-24, 10:19   Link #21
marin

Also it's worth noting that while the Narutaru manga throws Shiina into a dead serious lethal situation involving other dragonettes pretty quick (the attack on the flight back) the anime really takes until the final confrontation with grey haired boy in episode 4 to give an indication of just how serious things will get...
Old 2003-11-30, 05:59   Link #22
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus

Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
Okay i just finished this series, and must say that i am really f-ing disturbed. GSG is bad, but this show takes the cake. OMG this show is so messed up,really it. It got me hooked but then it apalled me. I wasn't sure if i wanted to keep watching it after the 11th episode. I did and now i think i kinda reget it now. It's amazing how this show really affected me. Several times i found myself saying "this ain't right, how can they show stuff like this?" Another thing, the name of the station that the show airs on is Kid's Station? WTF!?! What damn kids would or rather should be allowed to watch something so horrific as this show is.
Old 2003-11-30, 06:17   Link #23
Lambda

As I understand it, the company "Kid's Station" doesn't exclusively make material directed at children.
Old 2003-11-30, 06:21   Link #24
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus

Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
Hmm didn't know that. Then why name it that? Wouldn't naming it that tend to make people think the same thing i did?
Old 2003-12-01, 08:44   Link #25
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiandu
Hmm didn't know that. Then why name it that? Wouldn't naming it that tend to make people think the same thing i did?
Nah thats just the Japanese for you!

This show aired between Midnight and 2AM originally on a pay channel so its unlikely people would confuse it for a daytime kids show......
Old 2004-01-05, 17:30   Link #26
naantje
Annoyance :)

ok old thread but had to bump i just finished the series and.. ehh could anyone explain me WHAT THE FUCK this is supposed to be?!?!?!?!? i dont get it AT ALL everyone dies but her dads arms are magicly healed and or i mean just WHAT ASDFHFJJFASJFAS plz help
Old 2004-01-05, 18:15   Link #27
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Hiro-chan died killed by hoshimaru. The scene you see at the end its a few time after the incidents of the Hiro's dragonet (since Shiina is in college now).

The arms are healed because some time passed..

If you want to know more.. Read the manga. :/
Old 2004-02-01, 03:18   Link #28
CodeWordChobits
Person just for her

Question Narutaru speculation, Why did she do that?

Spoiler:

Last edited by xris; 2004-02-01 at 06:00. Reason: Since this is discussion about a fansubbed anime series, it belongs in the Fansub forum. Moved
Old 2004-02-01, 06:31   Link #29
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Spoiler:
Old 2004-02-01, 09:19   Link #30
marin

Given the very title of the thread, I think we can dispense with the SPOILER tags and just say that from now on, here be spoilers...

Anyway, yes, I think it's pretty clear that Akira was sexually abused by her father. There is an overwhelming amount of circumstantial evidence that suggests this.

In the last NaruTaru MEGATHREAD which was unfortunately lost in the migration to VBulletin, this was pretty much the consensus.

Someone else posited a theory that her father was prostituting her out as well, but there was only one line in the whole thing that possibly suggested it.
Old 2004-02-01, 09:51   Link #31
LordBrian
Triad's Friendly Editor

Out of curiosity, which lines suggested sexual abuse?
Old 2004-02-01, 11:02   Link #32
Goras

1st time I watched narutaru, I thought akira was felling bad, becouse she had her period.

after rewatching, I noticed the scene wher she sais to her classmate who helps her
whispering pr....

is there another part that led you thinking she was pregnant?
Old 2004-02-01, 16:59   Link #33
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by marin
Given the very title of the thread, I think we can dispense with the SPOILER tags and just say that from now on, here be spoilers...
Never do that, just because there's the word "speculation" in the thread doesn't mean everyone who looks has already seen the whole thing.
Old 2004-02-01, 17:43   Link #34
Deralti

Send a message via AIM to Deralti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goras
1st time I watched narutaru, I thought akira was felling bad, becouse she had her period.

after rewatching, I noticed the scene wher she sais to her classmate who helps her
whispering pr....

is there another part that led you thinking she was pregnant?
bold 1: Er... you haven't taken the "special ed" class yet, have you?

bold 2: That could be prostitute, pregnant, prissy, anything. for one thing, could you describe this scene a bit better? I can't remember it.
Old 2004-02-01, 19:12   Link #35
marin

One notion I do wish to dispell is the idea that she was trying to whisper "Pre-pre-pregnant" to her classmate.

News flash, the japanese word for "pregnant" does NOT begin with "pre"
Old 2004-02-01, 21:31   Link #36
CodeWordChobits
Person just for her

Spoiler:

Sorry this turned out so long but you guys wanted a recap of the episode with the most relevance so I gave it hehe. And please use the tags they are there for a reason... I have read alot things I shouldn't have in other forums and it reall sucks when it happens.
Old 2004-02-01, 22:57   Link #37
corp20
Internet God

I have one question for you all...
Spoiler:

EDIT: Misspelled dragonet.

Last edited by corp20; 2004-02-02 at 21:00.
Old 2004-02-01, 23:11   Link #38
CodeWordChobits
Person just for her

Quote:
Originally Posted by corp20
I have one question for you all...
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

And it's Dragonet, not Dragnet lol. The latter being an old detective sitcom... sorry I know it was a typo but it was funny.
Old 2004-02-02, 03:59   Link #39
NeverRamza

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeWordChobits
Spoiler:

And it's Dragonet, not Dragnet lol. The latter being an old detective sitcom... sorry I know it was a typo but it was funny.
I saw some German manga scans of this scene and the anime was a bit toned down here. She had a lingerie top on that barely covered her chest and that was it. No panties either. They were obviously up to some dirty things here.
Old 2004-02-02, 04:44   Link #40
CodeWordChobits
Person just for her

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverRamza
I saw some German manga scans of this scene and the anime was a bit toned down here. She had a lingerie top on that barely covered her chest and that was it. No panties either. They were obviously up to some dirty things here.
Hehe, I am really looking forward to reading the manga... and if you don't already know, it has been released in the US by Darkhorse comics. It isn't called Narutaru though... it's called "Shadow Star." So keep an eye out for it. I just hope they didn't tone it down too much... oh wells.
Closed Thread

Tags
sci-fi