AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 94 58.39%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 25.47%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 6.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 1.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.11%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.24%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 3.73%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-04, 13:55   Link #101
bkg9990
Singin Diamond Crevasse
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to bkg9990 Send a message via Yahoo to bkg9990
I must admit, Grace looks hawt in that suit
Old 2008-09-04, 13:56   Link #102
CeruleaFeng
2qt2bstr8 ♥♥

Send a message via MSN to CeruleaFeng
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Bad End possibility:

Sheryl -> Dead end
Alto -> Kabuki end
Ranka -> Vajra end

on another note, Grace has a gold plated Valkyrie. Hell yeah, Grace. You are the best Macross villain EVAR
*Knock on wood*
Old 2008-09-04, 14:01   Link #103
glyph

Quote:
Bad End possibility:

Sheryl -> Dead end
Alto -> Kabuki end
Ranka -> Vajra end
Also, Sheryl x Galaxy is a real possibility should Sheryl and Macross Galaxy survive. And I wouldn't necessarily say Alto returning to Kabuki is a bad end.

Quote:
on another note, Grace has a gold plated Valkyrie. Hell yeah, Grace. You are the best Macross villain EVAR
Really?
Seriously, Bandai should cut the crap with the gold plated mecha in every series. It was a novelty back when Quattro had one, but it's slowly becoming a tiresome cliche.

Last edited by glyph; 2008-09-04 at 14:11.
Old 2008-09-04, 14:09   Link #104
mapo
Mutatis Mutandis

Rolalalalalalala

It's me or
Spoiler:
Old 2008-09-04, 14:11   Link #105
Key Board
Carbon

If this was a romance anime I'd say they had sex, actually

but V-type illness is infectious through body fluids, so I doubt it
Old 2008-09-04, 14:11   Link #106
magnuskn

Another thing of note, I really like how the "adult" characters of Frontier, even though they are secondary characters, have their own relationships with each other. That scene where Bobby finds Cathy and Ozma brought a little tear to my eyes.

And, btw... lol at Alto not wearing shoes in the important scene with Sheryl.
Old 2008-09-04, 14:14   Link #107
Seifall

Spoiler for ....:

Spoiler for .....:

Spoiler for .......:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post
And the thing is...

Sheryl didn't confess her feelings at all.
?

Don't worry , she will, but this is too late now.

I will let you enjoy this time , may it last ......
Old 2008-09-04, 14:14   Link #108
mapo
Mutatis Mutandis

@ Key Board Ah, condoms certainly still exist in 2059 ^^
Old 2008-09-04, 14:17   Link #109
golthin

why are you guys acting so surprised? the only reason Alto and sheryl had not hooked up yet was because Ranka was around. now, i have not seen the episode yet, but has Alto found out that sheryl is dying yet? Now that the love triangle is finally over, we can move to the good stuff!
will sheryl live or die? did i say i was glad that I was not shipping for neither sheryl or Ranka!
If Alto doesn't know that Sheryl is dying, the it is a bonofide win for the sheryl shippers, if he found out she is dying, then it is a pity win for sheryl!
Old 2008-09-04, 14:17   Link #110
Tabris

Quote:
comment 3:
Grace has a gold plated Valkyrie. Hell yeah, Grace. You are the best Macross villain EVAR
Or you know, it was one of the other 2 VF-27s and the lighting just made the dull tan colour look a bit more special.
Old 2008-09-04, 14:22   Link #111
nanatsusaya
C.C. & Sheryl worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
If Alto doesn't know that Sheryl is dying, the it is a bonofide win for the sheryl shippers, if he found out she is dying, then it is a pity win for sheryl!
Rest assured that Sheryl isn't the type to accept pity feelings so easily
Old 2008-09-04, 14:22   Link #112
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
Or you know, it was one of the other 2 VF-27s and the lighting just made the dull tan colour look a bit more special.
Incidentally, who are the pilots of the other two VF-27s in Antares Squadron? Ghost AIs? Brera remoting them? Or potential gaiden characters?
Old 2008-09-04, 14:22   Link #113
LunaNeko

Ughhh...judging by spoilers, things are not looking good for Sheryl, since theres NO way Macross will just leave it at that, its too early to announce OTP, they will switch it back and forth 5 more times. Im pretty sure Ranka will redeem herself in next couple of episodes and will explain things to Alto and he's gonna go Baawwwwwwwww...worse thing that could happen is AltoXSheryl, then Sheryl dies and then its AltoxRanka in the end. Well, that way all shippers will be happy, lol. Im AltoXSheryl shipper, but Im not trusting Macross after this episode at ALL!
Old 2008-09-04, 14:24   Link #114
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
O
M
G

FCKING EPIC!!!!

I will vote after the subs are out cuz I also wanna understand the complicated stuff that my Japanese cannot venture into.

In the mean time, lemme re-watch that AltoxSheryl scene. TT___TT

Yey for the new Sheryl song btw. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapo View Post
Rolalalalalalala

I'm replaying that particular sequence, and the "head movements" seem to suggest they did. GAAAAAHHHH!!!! HIGH-RES IS NEEEEDEDDDDD!!!!!

It's me or
Spoiler:
I think so, but we need a higher res!!!!!!! XDDD
Old 2008-09-04, 14:25   Link #115
Seifall

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
He knows...
Old 2008-09-04, 14:27   Link #116
nanatsusaya
C.C. & Sheryl worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaNeko View Post
Ughhh...judging by spoilers, things are not looking good for Sheryl, since theres NO way Macross will just leave it at that, its too early to announce OTP, they will switch it back and forth 5 more times. Im pretty sure Ranka will redeem herself in next couple of episodes and will explain things to Alto and he's gonna go Baawwwwwwwww...worse thing that could happen is AltoXSheryl, then Sheryl dies and then its AltoxRanka in the end. Well, that way all shippers will be happy, lol. Im AltoXSheryl shipper, but Im not trusting Macross after this episode at ALL!
You're kidding, right? That's like, the most unsatisfying and unjustified ending possible!!!!!!! like people expect C.C. to be gone so that Kallen would win by default but hey, that's another anime
And please explain why would Alto feel the need to go Bawwwwwwwwwwwww

Looks like Ranka will return next ep... Damn, I didn't expect it to be so soon
Old 2008-09-04, 14:28   Link #117
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaNeko View Post
agreed, knowing what macross series is capable of ...

but again, let's take a positive outlook and think... maybe! the surprising conclusion is that the OTP has already surfaced and it will continue to stick onto it in this direction! The director is juz tryin to have some fun on us - to make our mind twirling and stuff..

and again, if one is not happy with the ending, one can always turn to the fanfic side - where FANS always RULEZ...
Old 2008-09-04, 14:30   Link #118
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifall View Post
Spoiler for ....:

Spoiler for .....:

Spoiler for .......:

?

Don't worry , she will, but this is too late now.

I will let you enjoy this time , may it last ......
The spoilers look more like Alto is mad enough to want to kill Ranka (like Luca is right now). Sure, he'll come to her point of view at some point, but that has nothing to do with the romance.

Just because Sheryl might not be with Alto at the end for any number of reasons, doesn't mean Ranka will by default for no good reason. This isn't some zero-sum game.
Old 2008-09-04, 14:31   Link #119
ippus
Pew Pew Pew!

there's evil lurking in the horizon. I can feel it.
*shudder*
Old 2008-09-04, 14:31   Link #120
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja-Y-Ce View Post
agreed, knowing what macross series is capable of ...

The director is juz tryin to have some fun on us - to make our mind twirling and stuff..
Will Kawamori and Co. pay for my hospital bill? I swear I'm having chest pains right now after this wonderful wonderful episode <3