AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-01-09, 23:18   Link #101
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Ah, I see, that's all I wanted to know.
Anyhow, any idea why Ai is getting a manga for her own? I thought Hime was the second most popular character.
She is a tsundere and tsundere moe will instantly grab plenty of popularity if played correctly.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 00:02   Link #102
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Her antics and dishonesty in volume 3 was quite funny. Oh did I mention she had a 'fictictious boyfriend' somewhere? Another fine example of Ji-En-Otsu
Do you have more info on her? I think she's the girl you've talked about the least.
Also, regarding her manga, considering the title remains the same, Oreshura, I supposed she'll be the Osananajimi this time around.
Old 2013-01-12, 20:24   Link #103
Used Can

Double posting, but it can't be helped. Spoilers and pics from vol.6 here (in Chinese):
http://2cat.twbbs.org/~tedc21thc/new...php?res=754573

The threads in that website usually last 2 or 3 weeks, and this one just started today, I believe.
Old 2013-01-12, 22:04   Link #104
sky black swordman

^ Who is that girl in the second to last pic, more competition for Eita's 'harem" ?
And Masuzu throwing a tantrum, And a teary eyes Masuzu ?!!!XD
Old 2013-01-13, 00:51   Link #105
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
^ Who is that girl in the second to last pic, more competition for Eita's 'harem" ?
And Masuzu throwing a tantrum, And a teary eyes Masuzu ?!!!XD
She's Mana, Masuzu's little sister. I think she already appears in manga version.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 00:57   Link #106
Used Can

I think he's talking about the girl with braids, and not about Mana.
Old 2013-01-13, 01:17   Link #107
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Oops, my bad!

No idea.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-13, 03:11   Link #108
sky black swordman

Quote:
I think he's talking about the girl with braids, and not about Mana.
Correct.
Old 2013-01-13, 22:26   Link #109
larethian

Quote:
Do you have more info on her? I think she's the girl you've talked about the least.
Also, regarding her manga, considering the title remains the same, Oreshura, I supposed she'll be the Osananajimi this time around.
Hmm. Well...

1. Ai and Eita are kindergarten childhood friends. They made a marriage agreement at that time, one that Eita has forgotten.
2. Her nickname is Aa-chan
3. She is the only girl in the harem that can cook
4. She's good in studies and got no.3 IIRC
5. She's a member of the public morals (or disciplinary if you will) committee, which seem to be made up of only girls that think romance in school is shameful
6. She always lies and can't be honest with Eita about her feelings; the classic tsundere
7. Kaoru is also her childhood friend; she apparently knows Kaoru's secret and is using it to blackmail Kaoru into helping her in this Shuraba
8. She went to the same cram school as Eita and tried to get him to remember her in v3
9. She has a fictitious university undergrad boyfriend by the name of Michael (or Michel, I can't remember). Thus she professed to be an expert in love even though it's quite the opposite. Hime and Chiwa believed her and go to her for advice on love (with Hime calling her Master). The Michael Ji-En-Otsu always create a variety of hilarious situations.
10. She initially tried to get the Ji-En-Otsu club to disband but later joined them to keep an eye on them
11. Her favourite phrase is 'Ai-chan dai shouri' (Ai-chan epic win). Occasionally, it became 'Ai-chan dai shippai' (Ai-chan epic fail) when she screwed up.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 00:28   Link #110
Used Can

Oh, she sounds really likeable. It's no wonder why the Taiwanese like her nearly as much as Masuzu.

I'm even more in that spin-off of hers now.
Old 2013-01-14, 06:16   Link #111
sky black swordman

@larethianI, Thanks for the info and Ai.
I have been a bit of a Ai fan since I heard the Drama CD.
Old 2013-01-15, 19:23   Link #112
nfsac

Does Ai kiss Eita, or just Masuzu did it so far?
nfsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 19:59   Link #113
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
@larethianI, Thanks for the info and Ai.
I have been a bit of a Ai fan since I heard the Drama CD.
Author's an Ai fan too! (3rd answer)

Finished volume 4.

My impression while reading:
  • Vol1: If Chiwa doesn't win, there's no god.
Quote:
Enjoyment level: 4/10, ok read, nothing too amazing, would've dropped it here if wasn't told it gets better otherwise.
  • Vol2: Hime is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute; I just want to hug her all day.
Quote:
Enjoyment level: 5.5/10, mostly the same, would've rated it higher if Mana wasn't a complete bitch.
  • Vol3: AI-CHAN DAISHOURIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Quote:
Enjoyment level: 6.5/10, Pachi Lemon is fail (笑
  • Vol4: I want nice boat end!
Quote:
Enjoyment level: 11/10, I literally read this series because people keep saying volume 4 is amazing. They weren't exaggerating. From what people keep telling me, I expected author to be bias toward Masuzu since "Masuzu end confirmed." There is definitely no bias. All the girls are perfect. Hime and Ai both started very likeable so while they continue to stay awesome therefore there aren't much improvement to be had (though Ai-chan was just way too funny, especially in the beginning of the volume). On the other hand, Chiwa got major, major points with her speech at the contest and her scene at the very end is extremely sweet and full of love. Masuzu also got boosted way the hell up with her interaction with Eita throughout the contest and the morning after. Personal development wise, her part in this volume is unmatched by anyone else (though Chiwa's definitely not far behind).
Without Volume 4, I cannot recommend this series to anyone. Quite honestly, like Yuuji^2 said in the afterwords of volume 1, this is not just a stereotypical story, this is a SUPER stereotypical story. Book 2 and 3 were able to introduce more elements to keep the interaction from getting stagnant, while Book 4 was able to completely boost all the girls (even Mana) and advance the plot without letting up the pace or introduce unnecessary drama. Being able to connect to the title at the very end is a good finishing touch too. Unless something crazy happened at volume 5 and 6 I wouldn't count Chiwa out of the competition yet, and she is indeed a very well written character. Seriously, that last scene in volume 4 is very befitting of a maiden of her stature and status. Cute without being overly diabetic.

Extremely satisfying reading through in one sitting. Volume 5 is supposed to be side stories so I'm in no hurry to read it. I know everyone like to "choose winners" for this type of stories, but I rather want a harem end (or nice boat as previously mentioned; DIE A-KUN). Both Chiwawa and Masuzu have very well constructed characters with amazing personalities, but Hime and Ai will just make you happy when reading about them.

This ended up being way longer than I wanted it to be, but the most amazing thing is
Spoiler for !!!:
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 20:23   Link #114
sky black swordman

^Really?! Then give me a harem end, Author san!!!XD
Looks like we have a new contender for Eita! Good luck, Masuzu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsac View Post
Does Ai kiss Eita, or just Masuzu did it so far?
Well from what I know, Masuzu and Eita have kissed a few times.
Chiwa kissed Eita in volume 4.
Masuzu's sister, Mana kissed Eita in front of Masuzu.
Ai not sure.
Hime not sure, but she did (I think) sneak into Eita's bed naked!
Old 2013-01-15, 23:55   Link #115
Uberchu

How many volumes do you guys think the anime will cover? I'm looking forward to Volume 4.
Uberchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 00:14   Link #116
Mentar
Banned

I hope it will get to vol4, since it would also offer a nice closure point.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 01:03   Link #117
Used Can

Considering it'll only be 12-13 eps long, I think it'll probably cover the novels up to the third volume.
Also, by reading Kunagisa's pic, it seems the author would like special focus on Ai's "Grand Victory END," which I suppose is from volume 3.

Anyhow:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
Spoiler for !!!:
Spoiler for Woah:
Old 2013-01-16, 03:41   Link #118
waffler

holy crap kaoru is hot hope she joins the harem and it might even be nice if she replaced masuzu xD
waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 03:56   Link #119
nfsac

Wait! Isn't Kaoru his best friend ( a boy)?
nfsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-16, 04:15   Link #120
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

I knew it. Kaoru is Charles/Charlotte, too cute to be a boy on harem love comedy like this

Tags
club, harem, romance, school life, shounen