AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-08-30, 00:58   Link #3301
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
PS3: Finished up Persona 4: The Arena for now, moved onto Persona 3 FES before I go back to getting the remaining trophies in Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. Seeing as I got extremely far into Persona 3 Portable, I should be able to finish this game with no problem knowing what's coming next~

PSP: Picked up Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time, mostly due to it being Atlus. Wasn't too interested with how the game started, but as it went on I began wanting to play it more and more to see what happens. It's pretty good so far from what I've played~
Old 2012-08-30, 05:11   Link #3302
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

I finally beat the main storyline for Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II (PS3).

I am now currently re-playing the game on Hard Mode, in order to unlock the Dark Side ending.

(I know I could just skip to the final battle via level select, but I find it more challenging this way)
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 15:05   Link #3303
Dextro
He Without a Title

You know what I said about the games I was thinking of playing on the previous post? Scratch that. All the talk about Spec Ops: The Line and what an awesome deconstruction of the modern shooter genre it is made me cave and buy the game. Been playing that non-stop since yesterday.

What I can say about the game is that it managed to spook me quite effectively. There's a scene in the middle where they succeeded in making me personally feel just like the main character and almost panic. That is effective game-making in my book. The scene was so powerful that I actually had to stop playing as soon as I reached the next checkpoint simply because I was too shook up to continue playing.

It's indeed a very powerful game. The gameplay itself is only decent but the combat is a bit annoying since you tend to die quite fast if you get caught by enemy fire. It goes to show just how captivating the story is that I keep playing after screaming blood and murder and my screen more times than I dare to count.
Old 2012-08-30, 17:45   Link #3304
Iijima

Send a message via AIM to Iijima
Right now I’m keeping busy with Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. Using it as filler until Tekken Tag Tournament 2 comes out in September.
Iijima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 10:19   Link #3305
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Second walkthrough of Atelier Meruru and just started Tales of Graces F.

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 11:15   Link #3306
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Guilds War 2 for now. made it to level 30 so far. the game is pretty fun and it's
going to last for some time while i wait for Tekken Tag 2.
Old 2012-08-31, 20:19   Link #3307
spikexp

Dark Souls: Prepare to die edition - PC
spikexp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 00:26   Link #3308
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Still playing DayZ.

Enjoy it a bit too much I think...

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 23:09   Link #3309
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post

Hum... The new system is sounding fantastic to my virtual ears. I wasn't actually a bit fan of the system in Vesperia. For some reason I just couldn't get into it but maybe that's just my bias that's in the way (I tend to enjoy turn-based systems a lot more).

And I still want to finish up the PS3 version of Eternal Sonata since I love that game and I stopped very close to the end boss. But since it was one of the 2 reasons that made me get a 360 in the first place I already know the story*.

Graces f also has the "Accel" mode after you enter the extra story arc after clearing the main story. This mode enhances your characters' abilities and has a bonus ability unique to each character. For example:

Asbel: He's surrounded by flames which adds additional damage
Sophie: Her front step will put her instantly behind the enemy
Pascal: Creates a force field centered from where she's standing and characters within it take no damage
Sheria: Stops time until the guage runs out

To add to all this they've also added a new Mystic Arte for Accel Mode and it's attack power increases with each use. They're pretty awesome to watch too.

...and I believe that the PS3 version of Eternal Sonata has a bonus dungeon too. I don't remember if you had to clear the game first or not to access it. But you'll want to check it out.

*goes back to playing Graces f himself* I barely have 50% of the trophies yet...orz
Old 2012-09-04, 03:09   Link #3310
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Sleeping dogs.
Having like 15 FPS due to my crappy computer and i'm on the lowest resolution.
Yes.Fortunately i can bear with it.
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 13:56   Link #3311
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinku no kage View Post
...and I believe that the PS3 version of Eternal Sonata has a bonus dungeon too. I don't remember if you had to clear the game first or not to access it. But you'll want to check it out.
Yes, I played it. It's interesting and provides some screentime to a few characters that didn't get much initially but that's about it. If I remember it right there's not even much (if any) voice acting for that bit of the game. It's not bad (I actually found it an interesting detour to the main storyline) but it's let down by a lack of polish. A shame really.
Old 2012-09-04, 14:09   Link #3312
xza6atox

Tekken vs Street fighter
Tekken 6 (always play it)
Devil May Cry 4

any news about suikoden in ps3?
xza6atox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 05:03   Link #3313
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Sleeping Dogs
RE6 Demo
and Tekken 6 practicing for TTT2
Old 2012-09-05, 06:13   Link #3314
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Taking a trip down memory lane and playing some Crash Bandicoot [mainly 2, but a bit of 3 and 1 as well] (PS1) on my Vita thanks to the 1.80 firmware update.
Old 2012-09-06, 23:47   Link #3315
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

After MGSGZ now I have the urge again to play my MGS HD collection.
Old 2012-09-07, 04:42   Link #3316
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Sleeping Dogs (PC)
Can't wait for Tekken TAG Tournament 2 (PS3) next week
Old 2012-09-07, 09:16   Link #3317
sudolicious
Otoshi-gami in training

Finished togf a week or so ago, best game since vesperia. That's exactly how a jrpg is supposed to be

Anyway, gonna finally start my long anticipated Zelda marathon today. Gonna start with OoT, then MM, wind waker (my favorite), TP and then skyward sword. Had this in mind for a longer while, but didn't have the time to marathon them all after each other yet.
Wind waker is gonna be especially funny since I can't save the game, I can almost already see it crashing on the last dungeon before my inner eye..
sudolicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 10:37   Link #3318
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudolicious View Post
Finished togf a week or so ago, best game since vesperia. That's exactly how a jrpg is supposed to be

Anyway, gonna finally start my long anticipated Zelda marathon today. Gonna start with OoT, then MM, wind waker (my favorite), TP and then skyward sword. Had this in mind for a longer while, but didn't have the time to marathon them all after each other yet.
Wind waker is gonna be especially funny since I can't save the game, I can almost already see it crashing on the last dungeon before my inner eye..
Agreed.

...well I guess we won't be seeing you for a while then. LOL. Enjoy the Zelda marathon.

As for me I'm just finishing up Tales of Graces f myself. Reached the 10th floor of Zhonecage and after I clear that I'll do a second run of the Lineage and Legacies arc. After that...I MIGHT start a second playthrough, but I'll take my time with that, no rush.

Also started up Neptune V. Only a couple of hours into it and so far it's not that bad.

*edit*

I just checked out the HP for Neptune V to get templates for the processor unit designs and found out that there are five DLC characters and possibly more on the way...*checks wallet* ...(T_T)

Last edited by shinku no kage; 2012-09-08 at 11:15.
shinku no kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 11:19   Link #3319
Xagzan

Finished Kingdom Hearts 3D recently, playing Xenoblade finally after getting it quite some time ago. Currently on the Bionis Leg and WOW
Spoiler:

Doing a bunch of sidequests there, and it's making me realize I probably left C9 too soon - I didn't even link anybody on the Affinity chart there, but here it looks like I already linked most of them

Next week though, it'll be time to juggle this with Tekken Tag 2. Hope it's as awesome as it looks.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 11:41   Link #3320
sudolicious
Otoshi-gami in training

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinku no kage View Post
...well I guess we won't be seeing you for a while then. LOL. Enjoy the Zelda marathon.
I don't play as much on the weekend because of all the anime releases. Played around 6 hours yesterday and managed to get the first 3 stones in WW, but then my Wii crashed and I had to do it all over ;_; Currently got 2 stones again, gonna continue later.
Decided to start with Wind Waker instead now because I was fucking hyped for it, didn't play it at all for 10 years - since the release. The Cel shading let WW age really well, it looks pretty good on a 38", especially the fire dungeon and the ocean/sky. I completely forgot how goddamn relaxing sailing could be

Also, I really envy you about Neptunia V, I finally have to get this myself too. Enjoy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Finished Kingdom Hearts 3D recently, playing Xenoblade finally after getting it quite some time ago. Currently on the Bionis Leg and WOW
Spoiler:
Yeah, Xenoblade is really impressive at times. The landscape/exploration turned out quite amazing, how long is the game supposed to be anyways? I stalled it on about 15-20hrs in, if I have time left I'll continue it after replaying the Zelda series.