AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2011-05-08, 21:06   Link #1
Katz

Send a message via MSN to Katz
Katz's Graphics

Hello everyone! I was on this forum long, long ago under the name "Hanyuu" and I used to have a thread, but I figured it was so old and dead that I would go ahead and create a new one. I have been lurking on Animesuki for a long time and only post every once in awhile for tech support, so I'm hoping to get back into posting!

I haven't done sigs/avatars in a while now but I do have some prior experience. I use Photoshop Elements and Gimp combo for my sigs. I hope you will like them!

If anyone ever wants to use a sig, feel free to ask and I will gladly let you have it.

I have two sigs I made recently to start off.

Remilia:

Tooru:

The style in the Tooru sig is from a tutorial I used - I don't want anyone to think I am stealing someone's style for my own, just trying it out to practice vectors. I will do my best to incorporate it into my own style too!

Also, critique is of course welcome.

I was also wondering about borders for the sigs - I didn't add any yet but in your experience what type of borders do you guys find to be best?
Katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 18:53   Link #2
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Simple borders .. Sometimes white + color fitting to the signature, or only the color. I like transparent borders too where they're 2px and you can see the signature underneath the border. The border shouldn't be something that catches your eye first, but there definitely has to be a border.

I can't give constructive criticism so sorry for that but I have to say that the Remilia sig is amazing assuming you've added those effects and stuff there yourself. Feels a bit empty though, especially on the left. If you're going to aim for style like that, I'll be expecting great things from you. ( I love effects and stuff like that .. Patchy is my favourite sig maker so there aren't many who's works I like in here aside from her .. )

Also let us know if/when you start taking requests and I may try my luck . Cookies (+rep) served for your own thread.
Old 2011-05-09, 19:28   Link #3
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Good to see another PhotoShop Element user here.
The Remilia signature look great.
Old 2011-05-09, 20:08   Link #4
Katz

Thanks very much you guys - I definitely want to expand on the style of the Remilia sig so I will try out some more soon! I may not be ultra-active because I am working for the summer but I will try to get something up pretty often.
Old 2012-06-12, 19:12   Link #5
Katz

I always end up doing graphics over the summer...

I have a couple more sigs to revive this thread with. I'm hoping to make more and actually get going with graphics again. I've been doing it on and off for a long time.

Yuyuko

Reimu

Right now I'm afraid of text, so please be nice and encourage me to actually put text on my sigs again and trust that it'll look good. Yuyuko doesn't desperately need text but when I look at Reimu I think...yeah it could use some text.

Feel free to C&C and I hope I can post more things!

...I'm working 40 hours a week so I'm not sure how often it'll happen, but I do enjoy doing graphics so I hope I can keep up with it!
Old 2012-06-13, 02:36   Link #6
rikikai
fighting in my nightmare
*Graphic Designer

Your two new sigs are very Nice!
I really like the first one with all the colours and the atmosphere
I think you did a very great job with the flow of the C4D, but the character looks a bit blurred.