Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-12-24, 21:02   Link #1261
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Won't the Girls und Panzer movie be out for next Saimoe?
If the movie comes out before July 2015 then yes.
Old 2014-12-26, 03:31   Link #1262
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Seeing the final ending in a tie, I have to say that Saki just apply that +/- 0 ability on that match against Nodoka.

Still, screw this year's Saimoe... I don't think this tournament will return for next year!
Old 2015-01-06, 14:55   Link #1263
FractalFusion

Sorry, I forgot to make a (probably) final post in this thread all this time.

Anyway, I'd be lying if I said this was a great or even passable year for this tournament. Everything that people claimed was wrong with the tournament in 2013 proved to be surprisingly accurate when looking at 2014, along with other problems. Note that this is only the first year I actively followed the tournament.

I found that my interest in Saimoe consistently decreased over time, something that no other elimination tournament does (you'd think it would increase over time; later stages means higher quality in general). This has probably more to do with me only caring about characters with no chance of even making the second or third round anyway. Still, I think this tournament is doing something wrong if I find preliminaries to be far more exciting than anything in the later stages of the main tournament.

Last edited by FractalFusion; 2015-01-08 at 16:42.
Old 2015-01-07, 04:15   Link #1264
Honoakari
Lurking Member

As a Saki fan, I'm very satisfied with the end result. Saki now has three winners in the contest - one more than PMMM - which makes it the most successful series in Saimoe so far. The end draw does seem a bit suspicious though...

Hopes for Saimoe 2015:

- a better-organized contest, whose well-functioning does not depend on the mood of a single person.
- no delays in announcing official results.
- no deletion of foreign votes.
- an easier, less frustrating way to vote.
- no joke characters included in the contest.
- KanColle domination!
Old 2015-01-07, 17:08   Link #1265
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoakari View Post
As a Saki fan, I'm very satisfied with the end result. Saki now has three winners in the contest - one more than PMMM - which makes it the most successful series in Saimoe so far. The end draw does seem a bit suspicious though...

Hopes for Saimoe 2015:

- a better-organized contest, whose well-functioning does not depend on the mood of a single person.
- no delays in announcing official results.
- no deletion of foreign votes.
- an easier, less frustrating way to vote.
- no joke characters included in the contest.
- KanColle domination!
Replace the last one with "franchises that won in previous years are ineligible for the tournament" and "a set maximum amount of characters that a franchise can have in the tournament", and I'd be fine with it.

Yes, I know that we probably won't have Saki and Madoka Magica to worry about this year. However, given how I consider those two titles to be the ones that ruined Saimoe with their overdominance (and the fear that KanColle will be taking their place this year), Saimoe needs to do something to prevent this problem from happening again if they want to continue running the tournament in the future.

Tags
saimoe, saimoe 2014