AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2018-07-07, 15:59   Link #5981
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The match Russia vs. Croatia played bland for most of the regular time. Both teams didn't show that spark of ambition to open the score until the first half when Cheryshev scored first for Russia then eight minutes later Kramaríc followed suit for Croatia.

To be honest I fell asleep for most of second half regular time due that action in the game was lacking, however, by extra time the adrenaline levels rose.

First half extra time Vida seemed to end it all with the second goal for Croatia, nevertheless, the Russians wouldn't budge and Fernandes at second half extra time netted the equalizer. Hence, once again everything settled in the penalty shootouts.

And, my respects to the Croatian team, since their players became physically and mentally drained resisting playing extra time all the way through with several of their players suffering lesions and sprains, particularly their goalkeeper Sukovic.

Nonetheless, Croatia passed over Russia through another tough trial, earning themselves the right to play the semi-finals after 20 years in World Cup history.

Russia 2 - 2 Croatia
Penalties (3 - 4)
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-07, 18:43   Link #5982
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I can hear idiots outside my house screaming "Football's coming home" at 00:40 when I'm trying to sleep. Dickheads...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-10, 13:48   Link #5983
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Halftime for France-Belgium. 0-0.

EDIT: and France wins, 1-0.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2018-07-10 at 14:55.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-10, 14:54   Link #5984
Der Langrisser
Valkyrie pilot

France won 1-0 against the waffles
Der Langrisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-10, 14:55   Link #5985
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Lemme talk about our Lord and Savior Lloris.
Old 2018-07-10, 14:57   Link #5986
James Rye

God damn it! Now Croatia has to win for my hopes of somebody winning the cup who hasn't had it yet.
Old 2018-07-10, 15:37   Link #5987
grecefar

belgium nooooo ;A;
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-10, 19:10   Link #5988
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The probability for the crowning of a brand-new champion in this World Cup has been reduced now to 25%.
Old 2018-07-10, 20:01   Link #5989
Toukairin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Lemme talk about our Lord and Savior Lloris.
So far, he really raised his game like never before.

For long spells of the match, I thought Belgium would find a crack somewhere. Fortunately for les Bleus, goalkeeper and defenders were very resilient when it was time to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
God damn it! Now Croatia has to win for my hopes of somebody winning the cup who hasn't had it yet.
As much as I genuinely enjoyed Croatia's resilience in this tournament, especially when they delivered the beating to Argentina, I don't think they can beat England. The match against Russia will leave several marks, namely injured players like Subasic and Vrsaljko, tired legs like Mandzukic's, and having a 3-day break instead of a full week.

edit: In other news, Cristiano Ronaldo signed for Juventus today. Seriously, what kind of a move is that?
Toukairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-10, 20:08   Link #5990
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

One out of three probably doesn't equal 25%.

Today's match wasn't really that exciting. Listened to it on the side and barely turned in. Either way I'm not to big on Croatia even if they have been playing well. A France - England final would be pretty hype.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-10, 20:38   Link #5991
Toukairin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Today's match wasn't really that exciting. Listened to it on the side and barely turned in. Either way I'm not to big on Croatia even if they have been playing well. A France - England final would be pretty hype.
To be honest, it was more like an old school battle between 2 sides that didn't want to leave anything to the opposition. Except for the woeful finishing on both sides, it was a physical battle between men like people want to see.

Last edited by Toukairin; 2018-07-10 at 21:02.
Toukairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-11, 14:16   Link #5992
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

What do you understand as physical battle? I'd rather have more technical football with creative ideas to pass the ball into open spaces and some amazing dribblings rather than two hunks trying to push each other out of the way.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-11, 15:37   Link #5993
Der Langrisser
Valkyrie pilot

Croatia won in prolongation 2-1. Guess it's not coming home...
Der Langrisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-11, 15:52   Link #5994
Sakuratsuki

England played bad don't know what they even doing on a world cup. I called it last time but seems some neglected it, well here you go. The level of this world is just depressingly bad. Sorry for sounding negative but it's the reality. Don't know how Europe managed to be the only one left in this tournament. Because other teams from other continents deserved it more comparing how this semi finalists performed.
I think luck was the key for them advancing and not because of great football.

This is a world cup I will forget about very fast.
Old 2018-07-11, 15:58   Link #5995
James Rye

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2018-07-11, 17:00   Link #5996
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
So there is this Chinese guy

Quote:
I don't know why, but every Miku I drew (except France) was eliminated. I'm going to draw my last World Cup Miku, lets see if that team will get eliminated too.
At this point I am expecting the curse to catch up to France and Croatia to win.
Old 2018-07-14, 12:19   Link #5997
James Rye

Well, England lost again. 2:0 again Belgium. Grats to Belgium for 3rd place. Shame you didn't made it to the finals, would have loved to watch a Belgium vs Croatia final.
Old 2018-07-14, 13:16   Link #5998
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Well, England lost again. 2:0 again Belgium. Grats to Belgium for 3rd place. Shame you didn't made it to the finals, would have loved to watch a Belgium vs Croatia final.
The feeling is mutual.

BTW, from the beginning of the match the Belgian team went out full throttle with visible enthusiasm to play their way through to earn third place, whereas the English team's disillusionment, for having failed to reach the finals, became evident as the match went on.

Belguim was shaping up as favorite to win the World Cup. Either Belgium or Croatia, however, I'm glad the Belgians said good-bye to Russia winning third place.

Now, either an old champion is going to harvest its second title or a new champion will be crowned tomorrow in World Cup history.
Old 2018-07-14, 20:30   Link #5999
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

belgium croatia would have been a wonderful final. that being said, i don't really care who wins now, since i'd be happy with either.

on another note, i'm so happy england lost. the three games they played against actual opposition resulted in them losing, kane got the golden boot because of penalties, and they had as many chances on goal from open play as iran. tells you all you need to know.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-15, 10:34   Link #6000
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Croatia playing really well. Gutted with the own goal from a harshly given set piece but they equalised. Hope they win.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
football, soccer