AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-07-17, 21:16   Link #1421
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Lakers just signed Antawn Jamison, the deal contents haven't been announce as in yet. Also another big move just happen in the Howard's Crazy Frenzy, Mitch Kupchak and some other members of the Lakers organization staff are going to Orlando to discuss a deal for Bynum and Howard, The meeting is today, but no news yet. This is pretty big and will probably end the Howard's Nightmare.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 21:44   Link #1422
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

New York Times stated today that Lin netted the Knicks an extra 250$ million during the Linsanity saga (Sounds like a DBZ arc^^)...To think they're gonna be that staunch just cause the dude reinforced his market value is redick...

Lin made role players better and created a synergy on the court that breeds winning...He's an intangible guy like a Tebow, but he had real court vision...All the $hitty contracts the Knicks have made over the last plus decade, to think this breaks the camels' back? I smell a Melo rat ...
Old 2012-07-18, 06:13   Link #1423
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Rockets marketing: $$$$$
Knicks marketing: Are the Rockets hiring?
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 15:04   Link #1424
Athena
The Power of One

So Kidd and Felton will play was PGs for the knicks huh...

I'd rather have Kidd than Felton at the rate Felton's going.
Old 2012-07-18, 15:15   Link #1425
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
So Kidd and Felton will play was PGs for the knicks huh...

I'd rather have Kidd than Felton at the rate Felton's going.
Well he is just overweight, if he lose it and get his game back to it was once two years ago I will take him over Kidd. Still it surprise me that he had DUI and crashed, it isn't what you expect out of him maybe some new rookies in the NBA, but not a future Hall of Famer. The latest news is that the Lakers and Magics are still negotiating the deal with Bynum for Howard, Lakers got the call and went to Orlando. The meeting is still happening, chances are the Howard Madness will probably end soon.
Old 2012-07-18, 15:59   Link #1426
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Well he is just overweight, if he lose it and get his game back to it was once two years ago I will take him over Kidd.
Even so, I believe that he should have been another one who got better with the D'Antoni. His average of points per game jumped of 4-5 when he got to the knicks from charlotte and went back 4-5 lower in denver/portland. so maybe average at best?

If lakers can get howard out, then it's definitively good for them. what's his salary, btw?
Old 2012-07-18, 17:07   Link #1427
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Even so, I believe that he should have been another one who got better with the D'Antoni. His average of points per game jumped of 4-5 when he got to the knicks from charlotte and went back 4-5 lower in denver/portland. so maybe average at best?

If lakers can get howard out, then it's definitively good for them. what's his salary, btw?
Howard's contract is 19.3 million left, if he sign the extension with the Lakers that is 20 million dollars. Making him the 3rd or 2nd Highest paid player in the NBA. Bynum's contract is at 16.5 million. He will be worth the same or a little more if he takes the free agency next year. The gap isn't far so both can be traded for each other without any fuss. Something must be wrong with Howard's head for be reluctance to sign the extension. Sure the Lakers are not at the top of his wish list, but the Lakers is probably the best place for him. The Lakers is one of two prominent organizations in the NBA, the other being Boston. Not only will Howard gain more exposure in LA, there will be sponsors and endorsements there as well and in plentiful amounts. That will earn him more money than his contract. Above all else, there he will get the chance to win his first Championship, play with two future Hall of Famers, and may become the face of the Franchise after Bryant retires. Can someone point out any reasons why Howard wouldn't want to go to the Lakers?

Oh and it is official Lakers just sign Antawn Jamison for the minimum veteran deal contract. Great move in my opinion, guy had a 18 point per game while playing 25 minutes per game. He will get the same amount of minutes, but he will be coming off the bench taking off strain of his body. A great six man, maybe better than James Harden if Jamison keep his same numbers. Though he will need to play better defense, but he will learn. There is probably no better teacher than Kareem Abdul Jabbar to teach him plus work on his post moves as well.

Also, speaking about the Magic and Lakers trade, add in Cleveland they want back in on the deal.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2012-07-18 at 18:07.
Old 2012-07-18, 18:47   Link #1428
Athena
The Power of One

20 million per year...reminds me, what's the cap hit in the NBA, and are the Lakers already paying the luxury tax?

Jamison signed...it's fine I guess, though I'd think that Lakers would pull that Howard-Bryum move before signing him. Though didn't Howard say that he wants to go with the Net or something? Maybe that's why he didn't sign that extention.

BTW, I'm new to NBA and don't know much compared to NHL, NFL, MLB or MLS, so I don't know the convention and the salary cap, those kind of things.
Old 2012-07-19, 08:59   Link #1429
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

It now appearing the Dwight Madness will be coming to an end. The Lakers got what they wanted and is preparing all sort of deal between themselves and other teams if needed for the deal. Dwight Howard reported that he will sign an extension with the Lakers if he is traded there, that was the only thing the Lakers want. I will keep everyone posted on this deal.
Old 2012-07-19, 11:28   Link #1430
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

I came back from vacation to see such a crazy offseason? Seriously...
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 11:43   Link #1431
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
I came back from vacation to see such a crazy offseason? Seriously...
You gotten a lot cuter Teh Ping, your avatar I mean. Hope you had a nice vacation. The Lakers and Magic deal is coming into full swing, reportedly they have it set by the end of tonight, but I am not counting my chickens before they hatch. This also involves Cleveland, although they backed out in the first one. Cleveland will give some of their draft picks and Anderson Varejao to Magics, also taking one or two bad contracts for the Magics. The Lakers will give them Bynum. Lakers will get Howard. Magics get Cap relief, draft picks, Varejao, and possibly Metta World Peace. This all change due to Dwight Howard saying he would signed an extension with the Lakers when he is traded there. The Lakers got assurance they needed. I will keep you posted. The Howard Madness seems to be coming to an end. I will be very happy that the Lakers will receive Howard, this will make them an instant title contender. The Nuggets are not going to abuse Pau and Howard like they did to Pau and Bynum, no doubt about that. What is you take?

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2012-07-19 at 12:04.
Old 2012-07-19, 11:51   Link #1432
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Too many things I want to type here lol. I'll post later in another 12 hours.
Old 2012-07-19, 19:14   Link #1433
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Too many things I want to type here lol. I'll post later in another 12 hours.
Can't wait...
Old 2012-07-19, 22:43   Link #1434
Athena
The Power of One

Wonder what Cleveland also pays. Probably some draft picks, cauz having Bynum for Varejao is the heck of a move. And IMO, Bynum is still young and can learn the game more.

But basically, that's the picture:
Cleveland gets Bynum, loses Varejao
Orlando gets Varejao and possibly more, loses Howard
LA gets Howard, loses Bynum.

Though Howard is the heck of a player, possibly one of the best after Lebron and Kobe, I wonder if the full potential Bynum can go back haunt LA for its decision, even though right now, Howard beats him in pretty every part of the game. Anyways, that's some big names moving around.
Old 2012-07-20, 09:20   Link #1435
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Haunting in Cleveland is years away, if at all.

This will have major implications for the West. OKC and SA aren't going to be having it their way like they did in the season that just finished.

The irony - Shaq gets drafted by Orlando then heads to LA. Now Howard follows suit.

So who is LA going to pick up at PF assuming Howard is heading there? Starting 5 looks like Nash/Bryant/Jamieson/?/Howard

Btw NBA.com claims Howard has said he WON'T sign an extension with anyone.
Old 2012-07-20, 09:32   Link #1436
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Haunting in Cleveland is years away, if at all.

This will have major implications for the West. OKC and SA aren't going to be having it their way like they did in the season that just finished.

The irony - Shaq gets drafted by Orlando then heads to LA. Now Howard follows suit.

So who is LA going to pick up at PF assuming Howard is heading there? Starting 5 looks like Nash/Bryant/Jamieson/?/Howard

Btw NBA.com claims Howard has said he WON'T sign an extension with anyone.
This is just getting ridicules. Yesterday the deal was coming to a close, now it is falling apart. The Magic organization are taking too much time to deal Howard. The Lakers and Cleveland Trade is the best option. The Lakers are one of the two Prominent organization, if the Magic organization think they can play beat around the bush with the Lakers like the Nets, they are going to be very wrong and it will bit them very hard. Send him over or risk him staying again in Orlando. The Lakers are not an organization where they can play second fiddle with. If they burn the Lakers, chances are they won't get a better deal anywhere and no other organization are willing to put up with the indecisiveness. If this deal isn't done by next week, they will be panicking no doubt.
Old 2012-07-20, 16:04   Link #1437
Athena
The Power of One

IMO, if the Magic can't get a proper return for Howard, then it shouldn't trade him. Taking a decision in a rush could make the organisation regret for long. However, at the same time, Orlando has Howard with the better end of the stick since it could lose him through free agency. So rush or wait are both risky.

Does Howard still think that the Nets want him?
Old 2012-07-20, 16:15   Link #1438
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Howard thinks so, but it can't happen. The Nets' cap salary is full and over after resigning Brook Lopez, Deron Williams, and Kris Humphries to big deals. Also, include Gerald Wallace and Joe Johnson's contract then there is no room to squeeze in there. The only way it can happen is the Nets trade one of their 5 big contracts and their draft picks to Orlando. Orlando is trying to get rid of bad contracts and the Nets have no one interesting they would want other than Deron Williams which the Nets will not give up. The best deal is now with the Lakers and Cleveland. Orlando is really over thinking that they can unload all 4 bad contracts immediately with Dwight Howard. Too far fetch for me. Right now they can unload at least two bad contracts and get a lot of Draft picks. Lakers may get one bad contract from the Magics and Dwight Howard. Cleveland will receive one or more bad contracts from the Magics and Bynum from the Lakers. It seems pretty good to me if I was the head of a organization and I been a NBA basketball fan for a long time to know some of these things.

An update today, the Lakers resigned Jordan Hill to a 2 Year 8 million dollar contract. The Timberwolves supposedly offered more, but the chance to win the Championship made the deciding choice for Hill. The Bench is looking very decent, still need work, but it is at least respectable I think.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2012-07-20 at 20:21.
Old 2012-07-20, 22:25   Link #1439
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
IMO, if the Magic can't get a proper return for Howard, then it shouldn't trade him. Taking a decision in a rush could make the organisation regret for long. However, at the same time, Orlando has Howard with the better end of the stick since it could lose him through free agency. So rush or wait are both risky.

Does Howard still think that the Nets want him?
No, the problem is that you CAN'T actually get a proper return for Howard (I rank Bynum as 4 stars to Howard's 5 stars, but Bynum doesn't want to sign in Orlando). Not all trades are of equivalent exchange. I can't even remember what I want to type now...no, the problem I think is that the Magic are trying to get too greedy. Let's put it. Howard signed his player option to stay, hoping that the Magic would trade him to the Nets. Now, under the new CBA, the players actually earn more by testing free agency and going back to their original teams through the Bird exception instead of signing an extension straight up, so the report yesterday was somewhat bogus.
Old 2012-07-21, 06:09   Link #1440
Athena
The Power of One

Did the waving of Arenas still takes place on the salary cap for Orlando? (Don't know the waiver in the NBA.)

Anyway, Orlando can't be too "greedy" with Howard, he's their franchise player! There is no way that you can give up your franchise player if you can't receive something in return else than draft picks and normal players. The Bynum trade would be great for Orlando, but ESPN said that he won't sign with anybody. Do the lakers take that chance, probably not. You best choice would be to keep him and try to lure him with money through that Bird exception.