AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-08-06, 20:21   Link #281
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

This latest episode was a fun romp... with one exception.

I'm growing increasingly uncomfortable with the jokes about Matsugo's feelings for Rinne. They were funny at first, but the only way to ramp them up is to make Matsugo more openly gay. As they said on Buffy the Vampire Slayer once, "I fear the subtext is rapidly becoming, uh, text." And that means the joking slides from a matter of misunderstanding to an open case of homophobia.

If they were to just come out and make Matsugo gay, then he's just another case of unrequited love that can never be fulfilled because of the barriers between the two people, and that's fine. The show has plenty of those. But all this insistence that "it's just a deep friendship" and the weird looks and remarks he gets because of it are becoming increasingly bothersome. They either need to take it all the way or drop it.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-23, 21:08   Link #282
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

And the 3rd season is done Rinne and Sakura going to a school cultural festival but Rinne cant seem to get a break

7/10 hopfuly there will be a 4th season maybe
Old 2017-09-23, 21:34   Link #283
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That was a really solid finale, one of the best episodes of the season. The only thing missing was an announcement at the end.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-23, 23:06   Link #284
Uribatake

Sadly, I wouldn't bet on a fourth season, not just because of the lack of an announcement at the end of the last episode, but also because this season has already skipped ahead to some pretty recent content, such as the chapters featuring Otome/Ichigo. I suspect they did that because they knew chances of another season were slim, and wanted to introduce the character before the show was over.
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-23, 23:16   Link #285
servidor

Nice chapter, takes some elements of a Ranma OVA.
servidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-24, 01:18   Link #286
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

I still have reservations about Matsugo, but this was indeed one of the best episodes of the season. I hadn't really been expecting another season, because it seemed like they spent most of this one doing random short bits, but you never know. I wouldn't mind learning more about Otome/Ichigo.

One cultural history note - Everyone in the Orpheus story was probably singing as a nod to Orpheus in the Underworld, a popular operetta by French composer Jacques Offenbach. The "Infernal Gallop" or "can-can" theme from Orpheus in the Underworld was used in the first season of Hibike! Euphonium.
Old 2017-09-25, 21:50   Link #287
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

As the season (series?) wraps up, I have a little something to share with you all. Here are the six pics of Rinne and Sakura that pass through the frame in the closing credits.

Spoiler for Size...:

Tags
comedy, supernatural