Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-10-23, 00:12   Link #1001
wtfkjp
Time Traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaintedDream View Post
I can handle Baka-Tsuki side if you want, I know how to do the Baka-Tsuki page format; and other than that, the only hard part is making an account on the forums (registration questions are really outdated).
gr8, a living sacrifice!

Gods (cocayne and co.) will be happy, please bless us a bountiful translation this season
wtfkjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-23, 12:44   Link #1002
VooXoo

Question, I have heard some things were changed between the web novel and the light novel, for example Albedo never existed in the original script, can someone tell us other big changes?
VooXoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-23, 12:59   Link #1003
Ghoststaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooXoo View Post
Question, I have heard some things were changed between the web novel and the light novel, for example Albedo never existed in the original script, can someone tell us other big changes?
I haven't read the original WN, but as far as I know...

1. Certain numbers change, like the amount of guild members left at the end was 4 instead of 6..
2. The scene of Momonga checking whether it was really a game was different (Maid Vs Albedo)
3. Demiurge take Albedo's role as commander / overseer

As far as I know main scenarios are almost the same, LN has wayyyy more detail and more backstory than WN. (Village scene in WN was like 2 chapters, Momonga goes in.. summon DK.. everyone dies, in LN it was longer)

And thats all I read in WN actually
Old 2014-10-23, 12:59   Link #1004
Atomic Daisy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooXoo View Post
Apparently the web novel had more of a focus on companions and what would be considered side characters, rather than on Momonga. That's just something I read awhile back so not sure of the validity of it.
Atomic Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-23, 13:33   Link #1005
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfkjp View Post
PS: I dont think this is anything close to Log Horizon because
1. He's not stuck in game/vrmmo world
2. He's transmuted to an elder lich,and he's in a fantasy world, not game world
3. The place he is right now, is not 'Based on reality; an artificial, a creation' rather 'Another reality/realm'
Log Horizon? maybe you meant SAO.

Everyone who knows Log Hora knows its a parallel world or alternative universe.

Log Horizon. They are transported in an Alternate World/Realm that has use basic same settings as the game.

In overlord. the game mechanics from the game was carry over but the whole environment minus his guild base is different. its like his guild base was transported into alternate universe that use same settings as the game.
Old 2014-10-23, 14:38   Link #1006
Namorax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoststaker View Post
I haven't read the original WN, but as far as I know...

1. Certain numbers change, like the amount of guild members left at the end was 4 instead of 6..
2. The scene of Momonga checking whether it was really a game was different (Maid Vs Albedo)
3. Demiurge take Albedo's role as commander / overseer

As far as I know main scenarios are almost the same, LN has wayyyy more detail and more backstory than WN. (Village scene in WN was like 2 chapters, Momonga goes in.. summon DK.. everyone dies, in LN it was longer)

And thats all I read in WN actually
Guildmembers left? As far as I knew there was only 1. Meromero, right?
Or which Guid members are you talking about?
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-23, 14:42   Link #1007
Ghoststaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namorax View Post
Guildmembers left? As far as I knew there was only 1. Meromero, right?
Or which Guid members are you talking about?
Its just a small number change, I think in the WN I think 6 guildmembers came back to say goodbye.. in the LN only 4 came at the end.. or something like that
Old 2014-10-23, 20:31   Link #1008
CoCayn

Your prayers have been heard here is the new release
https://docs.google.com/a/socuna.com...ge5-Dj-Hs/edit

If you want to speed up the translation, you need to sacrifice some humaninsects to our Goddess Albedo
CoCayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-23, 20:43   Link #1009
aurel1

thank you for new chapter guys~

cant wait for big brawl~

Last edited by aurel1; 2014-10-23 at 21:09.
aurel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-23, 21:08   Link #1010
migs008

Another cliffhanger aaaagh! Thanks for the new chapter though.
migs008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-23, 21:11   Link #1011
Dumac

Thank you!
Dumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-23, 23:15   Link #1012
The_Codfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCayn View Post
Your prayers have been heard here is the new release
https://docs.google.com/a/socuna.com...ge5-Dj-Hs/edit

If you want to speed up the translation, you need to sacrifice some humaninsects to our Goddess Albedo
Quote:
One of these treasures was left behind by the Eight Kings of Desire who briefly ruled this world five hundred years ago.
Another one came from an age long before the Eight Kings of Desires was defeated, when Dragons still ruled over the world; a hidden tool created by the magic of the highest ranking Dragon Lord.
The last one was a treasure left behind six-hundred years ago by the Six Great Gods; it was the basis of the Silian Theocracy’s doctrine.
These were the three magical items.
Quote:
Ainz Ooal Gown had eleven of these items, and it was also the guild with the most legendary items in their possession. Compared to other guilds there was quite a gap, since the guild after them only had three.
Ooh. Inter-guild conflict. I'm guessing the Dragons were the first bosses of the guild before they were replaced by the "Eight Kings of Desire". And I'm guessing the "Six Great Gods" were also previous dungeon bosses? Or that guild's members. Or maybe all these titles ARE referring to that guild's members. Just different phases of them as people left and came in?

Also, you don't need to add an 's' at the end of 'Desire'. Just adding 's' to 'King' is enough to pluralize it.
The_Codfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-24, 00:06   Link #1013
CoCayn

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Codfish View Post
Ooh. Inter-guild conflict. I'm guessing the Dragons were the first bosses of the guild before they were replaced by the "Eight Kings of Desire". And I'm guessing the "Six Great Gods" were also previous dungeon bosses? Or that guild's members. Or maybe all these titles ARE referring to that guild's members. Just different phases of them as people left and came in?

Also, you don't need to add an 's' at the end of 'Desire'. Just adding 's' to 'King' is enough to pluralize it.
It sure wouldn't be hard to conquer this world if you are level 100 and has some Legendary items, considering how weak the Kinights are. We will get more informations on the Kings later, since it actually has its own wiki post .

Here is a rough translation of the wiki from Ghost's friend:
Eight Kings of Desire
Five hundred years ago, they suddenly appeared to take over the continent, however due to each of their own strong desires, they got into a conflict and fought to the death. Legend tells that they once stole the power of a god, and are extremely powerful, and they do not have to hold the same shape all the time. The floating city that they had created as the capital is full of literature and history. They are also unpopular with a certain group of people.
Old 2014-10-24, 00:19   Link #1014
NP-3228

So Momonga decline since he didn't want to be caught up the somewhat-political struggle. I was kinda surprised since Momonga has been worrying about what was left of his humanity and all.
NP-3228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-24, 00:21   Link #1015
Ghoststaker

Quote:

Wow awesome find... The 8 kings could really have been players.. since they did not have to hold human form as well.. plus the fact that they suddenly appeared could also mean they were not from this world and could be players... how interesting
Old 2014-10-24, 00:27   Link #1016
CoCayn

Quote:
Originally Posted by NP-3228 View Post
So Momonga decline since he didn't want to be caught up the somewhat-political struggle. I was kinda surprised since Momonga has been worrying about what was left of his humanity and all.
You will see the reason why he declined in the next parts
Old 2014-10-24, 00:34   Link #1017
The_Codfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoststaker View Post
Wow awesome find... The 8 kings could really have been players.. since they did not have to hold human form as well.. plus the fact that they suddenly appeared could also mean they were not from this world and could be players... how interesting
Well. It depends on whether or not this was a part of that guild's "lore" or not (since the players can pretty much come up with whatever they want for their guild's flavor history). If it's not, these guys may have just been NPCs who stole one of the legendary items from one guild and, after getting defeated, the legendary item somehow ended up with the Theocracy.
Old 2014-10-24, 00:43   Link #1018
CoCayn

Quote:
Well. It depends on whether or not this was a part of that guild's "lore" or not (since the players can pretty much come up with whatever they want for their guild's flavor history). If it's not, these guys may have just been NPCs who stole one of the legendary items from one guild and, after getting defeated, the legendary item somehow ended up with the Theocracy.
The wiki says they created a flying city, maybe this way their guild HQ.
Old 2014-10-24, 00:51   Link #1019
The_Codfish

Hm. Maybe these 'dragons', 'eight kings of desire', and the theocracy's 'gods' were all separate guilds fighting over territory and legendary items? The legendary items can be fought over by the guilds, right?
Old 2014-10-24, 00:55   Link #1020
CoCayn

Quote:
Hm. Maybe these 'dragons', 'eight kings of desire', and the theocracy's 'gods' were all separate guilds fighting over territory and legendary items? The legendary items can be fought over by the guilds, right?
I think you can steal them if you defeat the guild. If not, then there is actually no point of a Guildbase invasion.
But the "Gods" and "Kings" are seperated by 100 years. I am wondering how long the lifespan of a player is. Since Momonga is a Lich, he probably can't die from age

Tags
fantasy, harem, lich, transfer to another world, world domination