AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Tales of...

Notices

Old 2016-07-03, 15:02   Link #41
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
No. I'm just stating the truth.
Your truth, which you didn't need to state twice, and which I happen to disagree with, but which we can't really argue about without discussing the game.

You know what? Anime knowledge only - she's clearly important, what with all the screen time she had in ep1. Your move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seihai View Post
Really? I thought ToZ' story was actually really linear/simplistic which makes it perfect to be turned into an anime since it doesn't have to focus on too many different things, is what I personally thought anyway.
Well, not so much the story itself, but the setting. Sample question: when was the Celestial Record written, and does the answer make sense considering how it's talked about?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 15:17   Link #42
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Anime knowledge only - she's clearly important, what with all the screen time she had in ep1. Your move.
It was episode 0 (and an anime-original episode too). Let's wait and see what happens in episode 1.
Old 2016-07-03, 15:24   Link #43
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R

Really fast start. Super-duper fast start. It definitely had an impact. I feel slightly lost, but it sure was purdy!

The Princess is very nice anyway. Really sad she lost her yuri lover (come on, its obvious ). That had good emotional impact.

The death of that really young girl though... Yeah, that was cheesy.

Judging by the OP at the the end, I trust we're going to see our actual main protagonists next episode? lol

I also got a laugh from the laughing antagonist and Mysterious Chuuni Nico!
Old 2016-07-03, 15:57   Link #44
James Rye

I liked it, good first episode. Know the game already so I hope the anime can keep very closely to the characters personalities and their humor in their talks. Can't wait or Edna and her Meebo puns. xD
Old 2016-07-03, 16:04   Link #45
Windfall

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB079 View Post
Now based on the ED the main character is surrounded by a whole bunch of girls, that's so cliché and over used that is an instant weak spot, I hope the girls are at least good.
In the game there's the same amount of male and female protagonists: http://www.basecheats.com/wp-content...f-Zestiria.jpg

Don't worry, it's not a harem.
Windfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 16:14   Link #46
Twi

How big a budget did they give this series for these graphics?

@ AB079 For the record, the white-haired one is a guy.
Old 2016-07-03, 16:17   Link #47
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
How big a budget did they give this series for these graphics?
I don't really think that has anything to do with it. OPM by MADHOUSE and UBW by ufotable didn't owe their production values to large budgets. They focused their efforts on only one or two shows a season or year and properly distributed their work.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 17:03   Link #48
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

lol everything thats happening in this episode is so random
people will hate this if not for ufotable unlimited budget production and dramatic OST
but this is different from the game and anime original, so nothing to worry because nothing can be worse than original zestiria story (which is simply pure garbage)

velvet is in the opening, i guess they will use this to promote Berseria also

if only ufotable chose to adapt berserk instead of this
Old 2016-07-03, 17:35   Link #49
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Well.... MEGUMIN WOULD BE PROUD!

On a serious note, the animation (even outside the EXPLOSIONs) was pretty awesome and the fight choreography looked pretty on point. Sadly everything else was a bit shallow and cheezy at times. The ghost girl seemed interesting but the "government" aspect and princess going on errands part was a bit overly simplified. What it's just 3 people who run everything? Does the princess not have family, not even relatives? This is some kind of monarchy but there's no nobles involved?

The deaths were also a bit too sudden and on mass to really have an effect. First time it happened felt a bit for the princess, but as soon as everyone was dropping like flies whatever emotion it struck turned into a death counter. By the time the girl came on screen I already incremented the death count for her. Honestly that was just too much! who's actually that emotionally gullible?
Old 2016-07-03, 18:56   Link #50
teacup
Professional lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
Unlimited Budget Works strikes again. There were some jaw dropping CG put into the first episode.
There was?

teacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 19:04   Link #51
Magewolf

They missed the chance to have the Dragon fly to the capital, steal her cat fly back and kill it in front of her.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 19:20   Link #52
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

I saw a short ep of this months before and glad to see it finally gets a full series. I'm not familiar with the game or this title, so coming into this show with a blank slate.

The CG in the prologue ep was amazing! Reminds me of FF game cinema clips.

Good to see the Princess can actually fight and stand on her own, and not go down the other cliche path.

Sad to see her close guards/friends get killed off so quickly. Nothing much for understanding what is going on but hopefully the story will flesh itself out beginning with ep 1.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 19:21   Link #53
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

It will be funny if Velvet revealed as the real heroine for ToZ and Beseria is her background origin
considering how ambiguous the heroines in ToZ.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 21:08   Link #54
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

The pacing was a bit chaotic, but I did enjoy it. It was non-game content so I didn't know what would happen.

Many of those introduced characters weren't in the game, but I wasn't expecting them to hit the storm.

I want to see next episode already

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB079 View Post
Now based on the ED the main character is surrounded by a whole bunch of girls, that's so cliché and over used that is an instant weak spot, I hope the girls are at least good.
Trust me. The game wasn't even remotely close of being to be that. It's 100% not Harem. You can rest easy.

The game had a ratio of 50/50 as far as the main party is concerned.
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 21:35   Link #55
charles883

The way I look I think studio going to change entire plot of Zestiria closest to original script as OP shows Alisha going be in main party as well Velvet in Zestiria timeline.
charles883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 22:20   Link #56
Jerseykid

well lots of stuff happening in that episode and some cool graphical action
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 22:22   Link #57
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
As I said, I'm cautiously optimistic of the idea that they may actually be keeping Alisha in the party this time. As I and even others pointed out, it would feel odd to have so much time focused on a character that's basically just going to be thrown out of the party later on. And the simple fact that Velvet is in the OP, and this very episode itself, shows they're already making changes to the game's material.
Old 2016-07-04, 04:59   Link #58
Harry Dresden
Paranoid Zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
They missed the chance to have the Dragon fly to the capital, steal her cat fly back and kill it in front of her.
Shouldn't it be a dog. I mean if we are going to follow the tropes as closely as the episode did.

Also if she has a mother, the dragon should step on her in front of protag, so she can swear to kill all the dragons.
Harry Dresden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 05:03   Link #59
Yamada II

Episode 0

So a lot of things were going on here and nothing was explained. We have some mysterious black mist which starts wrecking things and blows away an entire town, we have some mysterious bishoujo trying to kill Princess Alisha, a henchman of sorts of that bishoujo helps Alisha when a mysterious loli attacks her while the black fog was destroying things, everyone around Alisha dies except for her, a fiery dragon comes out of the black fog. And then we have the legend of the Shepherd who will be the one to pull the sword out of the stone and guide all the sheep to wherever. Well, they'll probably explain all of this shit later on. But for now, this episode was pretty confusing since I had no idea what was going on. What I do know, however, is that ufotable sure did some amazing stuff here. The visuals are amwazing. The fight between Alisha's team and the attacking ninjas was pretty damn cool. Dem explosions though. The loli vs the long eared whatever guy was so cool. Whatever becomes of the story, at least this will be a feast for the eyes.

Last edited by Yamada II; 2016-07-04 at 08:39.
Yamada II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 07:21   Link #60
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
I'm glad we finally have a studio animating a Tales series that knows how it's done right. I've been annoyed how the past adaptations of Tales games have been decent, but have had battle scenes ranging from '' meh '' to '' fucking terrible '' animation wise.
For the record, Ufotable did Symphonia, which wasn't exactly stellar by any means.