AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-11-28, 08:11   Link #6321
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Shino has ascended, and quite literally too. She really is an angel! That power looks like a variation of Toki's, but sacrificing prediction for physical range, which may not sound as practical, but it can give you a different angle to look at things from, I suppose. It's also a very shounen power, literally allowing you to take a peek at your buddies/rivals, even those you haven't met yet. Guess this IS a sports series in the end. Regardless, now's time to see what Chihiro is made of, and if the cutest bird can survive the storm.

I just noticed, but shinohayu already has two characters who look dopey but have a lot of spunk (Chihiro and Kokoro).
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-08, 17:03   Link #6322
elior

finally teru start to make her move now lets see how much wins she will get
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-08, 18:39   Link #6323
The Green One

I'm interested to see if Yuuki can manage to close the deal and at least end her turn with a positive score. Still I think we're going to see Teru's special move that was hinted at previously that she couldn't do before.
Old 2018-12-27, 20:42   Link #6324
King-Slayer

So what the hell does Teru have up her sleeve? Nobody but maybe Saki and Shiraitodai knows what is up.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-28, 00:27   Link #6325
The Green One

What does she have up her sleeve? Her super move which Yuki is apparently going to end up on the wrong end of.
Old 2018-12-28, 23:55   Link #6326
Chitanda Eru

It's bad that Saki didn't give note about Teru for Yuuki. But I hope the one who deal in Teru's hand is Kuro. Oh god, I don't understand why Ritz give the stupid Achiga so much plot armor. That no brain Kuro almost just need to sit there to draw safe titles or win by tsumo while Yuuki and Satoha have to think and fight hard. Lol
Chitanda Eru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-05, 08:37   Link #6327
Bladezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitanda Eru View Post
It's bad that Saki didn't give note about Teru for Yuuki. But I hope the one who deal in Teru's hand is Kuro. Oh god, I don't understand why Ritz give the stupid Achiga so much plot armor. That no brain Kuro almost just need to sit there to draw safe titles or win by tsumo while Yuuki and Satoha have to think and fight hard. Lol
Literally without Kuro, Teru would be dominating right now. Also, Kuro has no plot armour here, she's won about 2 times only.

Also, you seem to think Kuro is week, when she isn't, literally what happened in the last matches was that Kuro basically faced her worst opponent, since because her hands are easy reads with the red dora, Toki had an easier time dealing with her, because of her foresight ability.
Bladezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-18, 23:40   Link #6328
Chitanda Eru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezer View Post
Literally without Kuro, Teru would be dominating right now. Also, Kuro has no plot armour here, she's won about 2 times only.

Also, you seem to think Kuro is week, when she isn't, literally what happened in the last matches was that Kuro basically faced her worst opponent, since because her hands are easy reads with the red dora, Toki had an easier time dealing with her, because of her foresight ability.
I don't think so, her power is strong but not super because it will limit her in discarding tiltes if she want to get tenpai. Moreover, her mahjong skill is obviously weak. She has no trick, no strategy, and she can't read her opponents. All of she can do is to draw titles and thanks to the plot armour she won
Old 2019-01-20, 03:36   Link #6329
elior

so in order to continue to win yuki need to servuive teru strikes until the 10th turn
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-02, 14:17   Link #6330
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

With all these powers the end result is that the hands are feeling really lazy. Everyone just keeps building yakumans like they are going out of fashion so there's very little build up to the hands themselves except for a couple. Ritz matches really benefit from having someone who is more cerebral with her plays since that ends up slowing the pace and giving time for the match to develop. In the last final that was Kyouko. In here it should be Satoha but she has remained pretty low key so far.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-03, 10:34   Link #6331
Chitanda Eru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
With all these powers the end result is that the hands are feeling really lazy. Everyone just keeps building yakumans like they are going out of fashion so there's very little build up to the hands themselves except for a couple. Ritz matches really benefit from having someone who is more cerebral with her plays since that ends up slowing the pace and giving time for the match to develop. In the last final that was Kyouko. In here it should be Satoha but she has remained pretty low key so far.
I agree that the development of every hand is boring. We just saw ron, tsumo, ron and tsumo... And I'm pretty sure we're going to see at least 3 more yakuman of Takami, Awaii and Saki. And possibly another yakuman from Teru in the next Hanchan
Old 2019-02-03, 11:56   Link #6332
AP24

The 200th chapter didn't feel like a big chapter
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-03, 12:13   Link #6333
tsunade666

its getting lazy to me.
Old 2019-02-08, 02:58   Link #6334
Arcorann

It's been over nine years since this hand was foreshadowed. Let that sink in for a minute. (At least we aren't reaching Akagi levels of slow... yet.)

Also Satoha had better make a comeback soon, she's at 41,900 right now.
Arcorann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-14, 21:09   Link #6335
Chitanda Eru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcorann View Post
It's been over nine years since this hand was foreshadowed. Let that sink in for a minute. (At least we aren't reaching Akagi levels of slow... yet.)

Also Satoha had better make a comeback soon, she's at 41,900 right now.
She will definitely win the last 2 rounds. Possibly a mangan and a haneman. Its easy to guess by the way. And about the last chapter, Ritz gave the idea of Kuro think she can stop Teru just by drawing Dora. It's so annoying for me to see the over buffing of this girl. She has no skill and technique and now Ritz made her level equally with Teru and Satoha just by drawing dora. Lol
Old 2019-02-15, 01:36   Link #6336
tsunade666

Dora hording. A good plot armor but bad plot development. If it can be even called development at all.
Old 2019-02-15, 15:37   Link #6337
Bladezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitanda Eru View Post
She will definitely win the last 2 rounds. Possibly a mangan and a haneman. Its easy to guess by the way. And about the last chapter, Ritz gave the idea of Kuro think she can stop Teru just by drawing Dora. It's so annoying for me to see the over buffing of this girl. She has no skill and technique and now Ritz made her level equally with Teru and Satoha just by drawing dora. Lol
Just to point out, Ritz hasn't made Kuro at Satoha or Teru's level. She's literally won the times, when Teru and Satoha were focused on taking Yuuki down, so effectively she slipped under their radar.

Also, Kuro still has some skill, just because Toki made her look bad, doesn't change the fact Kuro still effectively gained Achiga points in the their first round. And her power hasn't really changed much, except maybe dora coming faster to her, which hasn't really helped her that much in the match, so no real over powering for Kuro is really present.

Plus, with the idea of Kuro stopping Teru, that's pretty much is what happened in the semi-finals, it could just be a case of Kuro now actively being involved this time around.

Also, remember how Satoha dealt with Suzu's explosions, she build up another opponents hands, that she made her walk into, so that's probably how Teru will be stopped, through a combination of Satoha building up Kuro's hands, since dealing into her's always hurts. So this probably isn't going to be a Kuro takes Teru down by herself, but Satoha builds her up, then cuts her down after her win, like she did back in the semi-finals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Dora hording. A good plot armor but bad plot development. If it can be even called development at all.
It can't really be plot armour when its effectively what made Kuro lose the vanguard match in the semi-finals, and she's a offensive player, and not a defensive one.

Last edited by Bladezer; 2019-02-15 at 15:54.
Bladezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-15, 16:11   Link #6338
The Green One

There are readers who just simply hate Achiga. Nothing you say or do will convince them otherwise.
Old 2019-02-27, 20:08   Link #6339
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Shino... T_T

New Shinohayu is out, and it's time for another flashback, but this one hurts. This is Toki all over again.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-27, 21:26   Link #6340
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

But unlike Toki and Ryuuka Shino's drama was actually earned. We have seen how hard she has tried to move on, and now we see how far down she had to start from. The Toki manga really feels like it's full of unearned angst which makes it much more of a chore to read. Shinohayu has spent a good deal of the series in just making us care about the characters, while only releasing tidbits of what happened in the background, and only now do we get the payoff.

Really this is what Ritz and Aguri sensei can do when they actually spend some time on development instead of the series being a string of yakumans or sob stories. It's pretty ridiculous how much better Shinohayu is than its sister stories right now, considering it comes from the same pen
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri