AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-04-17, 21:38   Link #1
gundam na jutso

Smile gundam seed

i just saw the first episode of gundam seed, on cartoon network. I was so happy i watched every eip. the day it came out on fan sub.its just as great now. the only thing i dont like it that thay got kira voice acter wroung he just does anit sound i like i imagend him to sound like. what do you guys think?
gundam na jutso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 21:42   Link #2
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
I was about to start my own thread about this.

Your right. KIRA SOUNDS LIKE A DAMN SURFER DORK!

%$#!%#@!%#$!^%$@%^#%$@#%#$@

THEY RAPED MY FAVOURITE CHARACTER! THEY RAPED WITH A 12 INCH SPIKED STICK MY FAVOURITE ANIME!!

I HATE THEM!

The only voice that sounds right is Fraga's, NO ONE ELSE SOUNDS RIGHT.

This sounds like its some stupid California Surfer dork anime, not the epic struggle of good vs. evil that wretched my heart and brought a tear to my eye as fansubs.

Someone needs to jihad the company that dubbed SEED, they need to JiHad them something fierce!
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 21:43   Link #3
Ranko
Mech Engineer

Send a message via ICQ to Ranko Send a message via AIM to Ranko
Kira's voice is wrong? ALL THIER VOICES ARE WRONG, thanks to the bad voices i want to kill fllay even more now, i just want bandai to put out some bloody subbed dvds but right now i can't even watch my fansubed version since a friend is borrowing them, ARERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Make the evil voices stopppppppppppppppppppp.

sighs well i got that out of my system, now i feel a bit better, but i still need to remove thous evil voices from my mind.
Ranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 21:46   Link #4
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

People say its wrong and illegal to continue watching the fansubs when the anime is lisenced, But you know what?

When they rape a series like this, I think its justifiable to keep watching the fansubs.

Company's don't deserve to be paid for ruining something great!

Would you pay a company for bastardizing the Mona Lisa?

Would you pay a company for dipping the greatest works of art of history in paint thinner?

NO! You wouldn't!

ARGHGHGHJGHGHG!!!!

I'm not advocating piracy, just venting my feelings mods
Old 2004-04-17, 21:48   Link #5
Ranko
Mech Engineer

Send a message via ICQ to Ranko Send a message via AIM to Ranko
oh i'll still buy the dvds and in 14 weeks when episode 15 shows i'll see if they kept the bed sceen.

I just want my Subbed DVDs
Ranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 21:55   Link #6
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranko
thanks to the bad voices i want to kill fllay even more now
I completely agree with you...i still haven't finished watching the ep...but so far fllay's voice is the worst one out of all of them...she sounds like a little 6 y/o -_-;

luckily i saw it subbed so the series isn't exactly ruined for me...
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 21:56   Link #7
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Ah... the backlash has begun... It pains me even just by hearing about the CN contract-butcher's treatment of one of my most loved show--the first true return to the themes of original Gundam.

In conclusion: I'm glad that I don't pay for cable or satellite. If I did, I would not be posting here--I'd be dead, in my heart and my soul.
Melazoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 22:00   Link #8
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

I AM dead in my heart and soul after hearing all these horrid voices.

The people the used don't even have talent!!!!! For christ sakes!!

Some of these voices are just cold and emotionless, Like someone just threw the script to someone on the street and said " Say this as piss porely as you can ".

They even ruined the damn names!

Athran? Cruex? I mean, For the damn sake of baby jesus why the hell do these people defile this wonderous series so.

Its as if lisencing company was out to purposefully erode the soul of all the fans.

Erode the soul, and destroy the heart is the mission of these dastardly bastards from the very deepest most bowels of hell!
Old 2004-04-17, 22:11   Link #9
gundam na jutso

if it wernt for the fact i hear the evil vocies anyway i whoud not complan. i dont understand how thay can mess something so good up. and who come thay never watch the subed version to let then know what kind of a chricater there potraing.if thay did that thay might do a better job of dubbing then even with this great blunder i do think there doing a better job than thay did in the past. like when thay changed sailor monns v

for those to first see it tonight i fell sorry for them thay never get to see it in it true glory. and even worse somebody at the compiny must of thought the voice acter had talent how the hell did he get and keeps his job. thya hvae forsaken us for the last time i think we shoud protest there evil ways.

anyway im going to play tribes now.
Old 2004-04-17, 22:24   Link #10
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
Oh stop bitching and just wait for the DVDs.

If you don't like the dub don't watch it on CN, like I don't.
microlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 22:28   Link #11
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by microlith
I know i'm not watchin it

but i at least like to see 1 ep of any series aired on CN just to see how it is...curiosity always gets the better of me
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 22:30   Link #12
daliinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranko
Kira's voice is wrong? ALL THIER VOICES ARE WRONG, thanks to the bad voices i want to kill fllay even more now, i just want bandai to put out some bloody subbed dvds but right now i can't even watch my fansubed version since a friend is borrowing them, ARERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Make the evil voices stopppppppppppppppppppp.

sighs well i got that out of my system, now i feel a bit better, but i still need to remove thous evil voices from my mind.
oh yeah, i came in half way and the dubbing is definetly horrible. i was quite dissapointed to hear the voices. pity..
daliinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 22:34   Link #13
Melazoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by microlith
Oh stop bitching and just wait for the DVDs.

As you can see, Sir Great Anime King, this is a vent thread. And these people who have posted, they are the brave souls who ventured deep into Dubland, and came out scarred and traumatized for life. They have already seen it, the damage is irrevocable and irreparable--let them have their ventings, lest more uninformed masses venture into this life-destroying production that is the Dub-job of Gundam Seed.
Old 2004-04-17, 22:41   Link #14
gundam na jutso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melazoma
As you can see, Sir Great Anime King, this is a vent thread. And these people who have posted, they are the brave souls who ventured deep into Dubland, and came out scarred and traumatized for life. They have already seen it, the damage is irrevocable and irreparable--let them have their ventings, lest more uninformed masses venture into this life-destroying production that is the Dub-job of Gundam Seed.
like you say we are the men and wemon that goe where no one has gone befor. only to come back with the 1000 yard anime staire god have murcie on our souls.
Old 2004-04-17, 22:45   Link #15
Melazoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundam na jutso
like you say we are the men and wemon that goe where no one has gone befor. only to come back with the 1000 yard anime staire god have murcie on our souls.
Plays "Tap"
*Rifle Shots in the sky
Old 2004-04-17, 23:24   Link #16
Tabiree
FUNimation's Gen Fukunaga

Havent sen it yet. But I do think people are going a bit too far. A lot of anti-dub sentiment stems from the fact you've got the japanese voices burnt onto your brain as the only thing that could ever possibly be right, and you're not willing to listen anything else at all.

I'd dare say it'll improve over the next few episodes or so
Tabiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 23:57   Link #17
UssoKK

All I'm saying is that the Narrator's voice was really good! She sounded like Cpt. Janeway from Star Trek, IMO!

Well, that and I want to know how severe the edits were exactly. I've told everyone that the new Toonami was aimed toward an older teen audience like the execs said, they wouldnt HAVE to edit anything

And It's the same way with me..the JPN seiyuus are burned into my brain, but the choices for acting isn;t so bad.....you all should be more angry at the editing than the dubs...

Oh well, It can get better? Right? Right!?!?!
UssoKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 00:13   Link #18
Sanjuronord
セクシーなパイロット

I knew I was gonna have issues with gundam seed on cartoon network the moment they didn't play the opening. Considering the cuts already made in the first episode don't expect the bed scene in ep 15. Very distressing because the first episode is very tame compared to how much further the violence in the battle scenes is going to get in later episodes.

As for the voice actors, I don't really mind any of them that much. They're not as good as the Japanese voice actors but that's to be expected. On the other hand somebody needs to fire the person in charge of directing the voice actors. Kira and Murrue both sounded way too confident and out of character. If this were the last five eps I could buy into Murrue's voice actor. She sounded very military and confident about what she was doing, at this point she needs to be played alot less sure of herself and more like a woman out of her element(she was an elementary teacher prior to the war).

Yzak needs to be played alot more cold and vicious.

Dearka i was really afraid of hearing, knew the old Quatre voice actor was going to play him and was sure he'd ruin it. Quatre was weak and unsure of himself, and in that the voice actor was perfect but Dearka is nothing like Quatre. Only two lines for Dearka in this ep, he butchered the first one and nailed the second one so jury is still out. This voice actor would be better suited for Nicol but that voice actor is already doing a decent job it seems.

Athrun (that is his name, it's just not pronounced like it's spelled -- no wonder he's pissed off his best friend can't even pronounce his name) didn't seem to display much emotion even when he bumped into Kira again at the end. If he doesn't get his act together he's gonna butcher some wonderful scenes later in the series.

More annoyed at cartoon network really than bandai at the moment. Was wondering why I never saw any commercials for Gundam Seed on cartoon network and now I know. I only watched adult swim, and cartoon network wanted another gundam wing to sell their kiddy toonami crap. I saw more gundam seed during the commercials during gundam seed than i saw prior to today. Cartoon Network needs to get rid of all their cg crap during commercials(the toonami tom and whatever the new girl is called), the stupid text cards during adult swim, the stupid sock puppets, and all of that crap. Heck toonami and adult swim should both get the ax. Not the actual shows, or the anime. Leave them right where they are, but just stop treating the blocks like they're something special. I don't think it'd even affect their ratings anyways. Just as many people would tune in to watch cowboy bebop at midnight whether it was called adult swim or just called cartoon network. Ditch all that crap and you could get full anime openings and closings.

Speaking of which, why the heck did they move the next episode preview in between the end of the ep and the ending theme...talk about ruining the flow. That was one of my favorite bits about gundam seed, the way the cliffhanger endings would play right into the end credits. Hell even the way they played the fourth opening scenes instead of the actual ending bothered me. The original one focused alot more on the war with the gravestones, everybody looking depressed, and the wartorn area around them with scattered bits of mobile suits and stuff. Of course i understand why they didn't show it...because they can't show that to the same audience that they're advertising little 7 year old girl dolls to...
Sanjuronord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 00:30   Link #19
Gold_Rogers
Famous Dead Pirate

I dunno if Japanese VAs voices being burned in my brain makes a dub sound worse. When I first started watching anime as an adult (I had watched a fair bit as a child, dubbed into a 3rd language other than English), all of it was dubbed. Even from the very beginning the English dubs irritated me and grated my ears. When I first started to get my hands on subs, I went straight to get stuff I had already watched (and liked) on dub. Turns out the subs were amazingly better, even though I had already had the English voice cast burned into my brain. I mean, at first I was a little jarred by the differences, but I immediately noticed how well the Japanese VAs expressed the mood, characters, and emotions of the characters. It only got better from then on...
Gold_Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 00:44   Link #20
Spooky-Electric

When I buy anime on DVD and haven't heard the japanese voices before the dubs still sound like crap compared to the japanese voices. So for me it has nothing to do with having japanese voices burned into my brain.

I never saw Gundam Seed subbed and the dub still sounds bad to me.
Spooky-Electric is offline   Reply With Quote