AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-04-06, 06:22   Link #21
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl View Post
You're making me want this game more and more. The last three HM games I played were all minor disappointments (Island of Happiness, Shining Sun & Friends, Welcome to the Wind's Bazaar), and there's nothing else on the Wii that I want right now, so this might be just what I need. Gotta save a little more then I can splurge.
HM has been disappointing to me for a long time... I've given up on the HM franchise due to the fact that its the same repeated formula every time.

Rune Factory is great, It has what was good about HM and added in things that makes it many times better.

And the Dubbing that XSeed has provided for this game is amazing, I rarely ever like Dubs but they did an excellent job.

Heres some videos to wet your appetite.

This is the intro vid when you first meet Anette, She stole my heart lol, my first bride candidate. She complains about her height and has issues with monsters chasing her when she tries to deliver mail, but overall she's upbeat and a ball of sunshine XD

And this is the opening anime vid.

Um lemme know if the video isn't showing =_=, I can't tell cause Im on a crappy laptop right now

Last edited by HayashiTakara; 2009-04-06 at 08:29.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 08:30   Link #22
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Videos fixed >_<
Old 2009-04-06, 09:51   Link #23
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Were the Rune Factory games on the DS a disappointment as well for both of you?
Old 2009-04-06, 09:58   Link #24
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
Were the Rune Factory games on the DS a disappointment as well for both of you?
Never played the DS ones. I thought about getting it but I couldn't imagine playing such a long game on a portable.
Old 2009-04-06, 10:11   Link #25
AnimeFangirl

I enjoyed them both, especially RF1 because it was a breath of fresh air into the stale HM series. RF2 wasn't bad but the prologue (Kyle) was way too long and the second generation was rather lifeless. You should give them a shot, I don't think they're anywhere near as long and involving as Frontier seems to be.
Old 2009-04-06, 12:38   Link #26
Jze0
Hmmm...

I have this game and I have to say that I love it. It definitely has a very high replay value, so if your looking for a long game this is it. I've clocked in at about 50 hours, only in the second season end of the month, first year. I try to make everyday count so I don't go to bad until between 10 pm to 1 am. Haven't completed any dungeons either but thats ok since I'm taking my time. Making sure my crops are growing is alot of work in itself too, so your very busy.

Current girls I am interested in marring are: Melody, Rosetta, Cinnamon, Anette, Selphy and Maybe Mist.

If you have a Wii and are looking for a new or long replay value game, I recommand buying Rune Factory Frontier. Its worth it!
Jze0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 12:53   Link #27
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Isn't Mist awesome? lol she cracks me up.

Wait till the winter festival Mist is utterly sly and crazy
Old 2009-04-06, 12:58   Link #28
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jze0 View Post
If you have a Wii and are looking for a new or long replay value game, I recommand buying Rune Factory Frontier. Its worth it!
Definitely. People who enjoy the persona series should have a look at the rune factory series. I reckon some of them will enjoy the series. Too bad, for us people in PALland, that the pal released date is uncertain, it isn't listed on rising star games 2009 list, so it is questionable if it will pop up in stores this year, for us.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 13:01   Link #29
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I always feel bad for you guys, my Euro brothers always get their games so late
Old 2009-04-06, 17:26   Link #30
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Just got this game yesterday and I'm glad I did. I'm immediately addicted and there is just so much to do its ovewhelming. So far my favorite thing to do right now is farming, whihc is not what I'd expected to be my favorite part of the game. I like how there are so many ways to go about farming, like with the little creatures(I think they are called runes) and the mosnters you can use to help out. Everything seems very polished and well planned out.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 17:50   Link #31
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
People who enjoy the persona series should have a look at the rune factory series.
Persona and Rune Factory? That's like comparing Pokemon and Doom! The mood, the gameplay, the stories, all completely different. The only similarity is that they're both RPGs. That said I liked P3 and I like RF so I guess you're not completely wrong
Old 2009-04-07, 01:07   Link #32
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Persona and Rune Factory? That's like comparing Pokemon and Doom! The mood, the gameplay, the stories, all completely different. The only similarity is that they're both RPGs. That said I liked P3 and I like RF so I guess you're not completely wrong
Well even though this particular RF has a fairly urgest story line you can still take your time
Old 2009-04-07, 13:01   Link #33
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Finally Married to Anette! And got her pregnant XD

Heres the wedding video in the japanese version. Spoilers obviously

Old 2009-04-09, 04:45   Link #34
AnimeFangirl

Knocked her up already? Are you sure it wasn't a shotgun wedding?
Old 2009-04-09, 20:20   Link #35
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Knocked her up already? Are you sure it wasn't a shotgun wedding?
Lets say I knew my way around XD lmao
Old 2009-04-12, 04:03   Link #36
iwubanime
FMP wubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Too bad, for us people in PALland, that the pal released date is uncertain, it isn't listed on rising star games 2009 list
Well, you guys do get Little King's Story early. Although only by a couple months...

Game is great, clocked in around 20 hours and just finished my first season. Unfortunately I won't have much time to play this with school, and I still haven't finished Opoona, Okami, or Bully.

Not to mention, XSEED is destroying my wallet this year.... what with this game, Arc Rise Fantasia, Little King's Story, and Muramasa: the Demon Blade. I dunno if I'll be able to handle it!
iwubanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 08:46   Link #37
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Not interested in Little King, but the other 2 are definitely a must buy for me.

Clocked in about 120 hrs and just got done with my second spring... I really should continue the story line, lol
Old 2009-04-12, 23:10   Link #38
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
Can you actually see Anette out-side of her during her daily rounds? I haven't seen her yet besides then (I'm only on spring 14th)

Also, I'm going after Cinnamon, I love her XD I like Rosetta, Mist, Anette, and Selphy but I like Cinnamon the most. I might change my mind to Bianca when she comes, I married her in Rune Factory 1..... but of course I played that game in Japanese and had no idea what she was like.
Tjfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 23:38   Link #39
Jze0
Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjfarmer View Post
Can you actually see Anette out-side of her during her daily rounds? I haven't seen her yet besides then (I'm only on spring 14th)

Also, I'm going after Cinnamon, I love her XD I like Rosetta, Mist, Anette, and Selphy but I like Cinnamon the most. I might change my mind to Bianca when she comes, I married her in Rune Factory 1..... but of course I played that game in Japanese and had no idea what she was like.
Never saw Anette outside her morning rounds during the spring season but in the summer you can find her doing other stuff. I've seen her in town at 4 pm next to Rosetta's store standing there and at the beach in her swimsuit. I think you could find her in the spring season but you probably have to be at a certain place, at a certain time. Just keep looking around and you'll find something.
Jze0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 01:29   Link #40
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjfarmer View Post

Anette is only around in town when she...

Spoiler for Anette Spoiler: