AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2009-11-26, 20:39   Link #4821
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyDreams View Post
Why are people so keen on assuming the next novel is the last? Nothing has said that it's the final book, just that it's the 'climax' and that we're getting close to the end. That doesn't mean it IS the end. Remember the stages of a story, there's a step after climax, and it's resolution! And there's a LOT to be resolved! If the story winds up ending in the next book then it'd have to be something like Owaru Day by Day where it's split into 2 volumes 'cause it's so long. I just do not see it ending in one book, especially not if Gatoh's going to be bringing in some other characters to see this through.
Actually your right, Gatou mention she wanted to do some after-story, fumoffu short story after all this to take advantage of it. Besides if he doesnt, am sure the anime producers WILL make an OVA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
That would be a horrible change of plot and Gatou would lose all respect.
I second that. Anyone who does think thsi way, should be grinded in the Meat Processing Plant...with Leonard...and all the copies of that PISSPOOR story.

And a threat thrown at Gatou's feet that reads...

YOUR DOING IT WRONG

do it again.
Old 2009-11-26, 21:16   Link #4822
Celebrianna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
ChidoriXLeonard thing... well, I guess there's nothing. Probably Sousuke is just fooling around!

I really would like to see the story going on, as you said. There's yet much to be told.

It would be epic if Sousuke shot Leonard and Kaname for the sake of the world, to prevent them from accomplish their goals.

I like Kaname, but it would be fantastic if Gatoh made her aware of her actions. And then the shot scene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadwings View Post
For you people maybe. I don't have any particular preference for Kaname, and I'd rather see the shot scene than some kind of stupid plot device to make them end together (not that I don't want them together, just being realist )
While my interest in the Sousuke/Kaname relationship is sort of low right now because of my long hiatus from watching the anime, I'd say that Sousuke shooting Kaname is as "unreal" as it gets in terms of the character itself and his obvious passion for Kaname. I mean, did you read the last few novels at all? The man would walk through fire for that girl. It would be rather OOC for Sousuke to just shoot Kaname "for the good of the world." Sousuke has never given me the impression that he has a "savior" complex as far as the world is concerned. He carries out his missions and never really seem to think of the world as a whole.

In fact, in that novel where Amalgam launches that worldwide attack on Mithril and pursues Kaname, Sousuke was willing to let people die to save Kaname. Remember that kid who got hurt by the shrapnel who Kaname wanted to help but Sousuke insisted that they couldn't because they had to escape? Never mind that it was partly their fault that the kid got hurt. Remember Kyouko who was being held hostage by Mithril? How did Sousuke react in both those cases? Remember Nami? Kaname came first for him. The man is practically loco when it comes to preserving Kaname's life.

I believe that if it ever came down to it where he decided Kaname had to die, I think he'd choose to die with her.

Last edited by Celebrianna; 2009-11-26 at 23:22.
Celebrianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 21:27   Link #4823
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Quote:
Realism has no place in mech anime.
bhahahaha. quality
Old 2009-11-27, 04:42   Link #4824
Hobbit
. . .

@Celebrianna

Why I believe it's possible? For all that you have mentioned plus Kurz death. He's going through hell, and it would be really sad (for me) if Gatohs characters didn't grow up at all or change their mind.
Hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-27, 04:47   Link #4825
Alchemist007
*Author

I think Sousuke will grow...grow his skill to shoot Leonard in the head while Kaname shishkebab's him from behind.
Old 2009-11-27, 17:42   Link #4826
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
I think Sousuke will grow...grow his skill to shoot Leonard in the head while Kaname shishkebab's him from behind.
And they both kick him at the same time in to the meat grinder....

Vaya con Dios.
Old 2009-11-28, 22:01   Link #4827
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

The Laws of Super Robot Anime

#10 "When forced to choose between the universe and the woman you love, choose both and have the courage to back it up."

If Sousuke fails to do this, he fails as a super robot hero entirely
Old 2009-11-29, 09:46   Link #4828
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illsteir View Post
The Laws of Super Robot Anime

#10 "When forced to choose between the universe and the woman you love, choose both and have the courage to back it up."

If Sousuke fails to do this, he fails as a super robot hero entirely
Sadly I'll consider FMP as a Real-Robot type anime. So it won't work

Did anyone actually watched Kamen Rider Ryuki about the clue of "a new life"?
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 21:06   Link #4829
Tabasco

Saved! Is it bad that I had a pretty fair idea about the specific references in that list?

Anyway, my hope isn't that Sousuke will be awesome, that's almost a given. My wish is that Kaname gets her mojo back and shows how action girls do things downtown.
Tabasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 21:26   Link #4830
Celebrianna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
@Celebrianna

Why I believe it's possible? For all that you have mentioned plus Kurz death. He's going through hell, and it would be really sad (for me) if Gatohs characters didn't grow up at all or change their mind.
Well, one can argue that Sousuke has grown since the beginning of the series so he is capable of change. However, Kaname is precious to him so I can't see him not trying his utmost to preserve her life. That's just my take on it.
Celebrianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 22:07   Link #4831
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterSeeker View Post
Sadly I'll consider FMP as a Real-Robot type anime. So it won't work
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiki
Real Robot (リアルロボット, Riaru Robotto?) is a genre of Japanese animation.[1][2][3] The genre contains robots that are powered by conventional power sources and weapons explainable by real world science
Yeah...lambda driver isn't real world. Gundam comes closer with some of their unexplained ones (might as well be fission, which is real).
Old 2009-11-29, 22:21   Link #4832
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
Yeah...lambda driver isn't real world. Gundam comes closer with some of their unexplained ones (might as well be fission, which is real).
Er. No.

Armslaves don't fly. And for Belial, its hovering. Not exactly going into space.

Their a REASONABLE size. 13 meters. They dont tower the entire freaking city and break in to space all the time.

The magical looking swords that have unexplainable power? No charge of hours limits either.

the omgosh, the V's on their helmit heads!

Yeah like that will save you from an attack.

How about stuffing a dagger near the mouth, at least it'd be useful, aka Monolecular cutter.

the LD, is not even completely abused. I suspect that even at the last battle. That Sousuke will shut down BOTH LD frmo ARX8 AND the Belial, to have a upper hand.

We all know, Sousuke is more skilled tactically, then through the LD.

It's as real as it gets. It's a mech anime, and by god the most realistic one i seen so far.
Old 2009-11-29, 22:48   Link #4833
Hobbit
. . .

LOL... that list was made for Macross : )

Specially Frontier

awuhawuhawuhawaw

PS: I really like MF, but when the op start to play, better get out of the way : )
Hobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-29, 23:11   Link #4834
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by selilychidori View Post
Er. No.

Armslaves don't fly. And for Belial, its hovering. Not exactly going into space.

Their a REASONABLE size. 13 meters. They dont tower the entire freaking city and break in to space all the time.

The magical looking swords that have unexplainable power? No charge of hours limits either.
I don't think there's a point in arguing too many specifics of what is realistic and not. When Japan decides to finally make a fully functional war robot I think we'll see what is possible in reality and not. I'm just saying, LDs are not realistic.

Anyways here's the real robot wiki, as you can see, MS Gundam is the first thing there
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Robot

Here's super robot
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Robot

Anyways I don't see how FMP doesn't fit into a lot of if not all of the requirements of the list from Illsteir, even if it is technically more in the real category.

Last edited by Alchemist007; 2009-11-29 at 23:46.
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 06:13   Link #4835
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Quote:
At least you won't see something in FMP will do "ROCKET PUNCH!", or sorts. Just saying some systems (LDS in this case) aren't realistic so that a show isn't classed as RR......to me it's just bull. I'll say Votoms and Marcross are the real RR shows, but then FMP will be closer to that end than Gundam.

Hell, Animes are UNREALISTIC in any senses. The only realistic animes I watched so far are 5cm per second and Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, and both are good stuff.

Edit 1:
And if you insisted......These are just for fun anyway.
Spoiler for putting the list into FMP:

I guess I should now return to work. Damn homeworks......

Edit 2: It's how you perceive the story. I bought Dekgeki Hobby Dec2009 just for those FMP stuff, and just like the editor wrote, "......If you didn't watch all those happy, and funny schoollife stories in Jindai High School from those short, it'll be hard to understand the massive downhill in COMO, as well as Sousuke's feeling of regrets due to the destruction of quite and normal life. Short stories aren't just there for satisfying readers' imagination of their lives, but it's a hidden plan in order to switch the stage in the second half." Well, the best will be a good ending, but its defination varies among each person......and I don't really care about that.

Last edited by HunterSeeker; 2009-11-30 at 08:13.
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 06:39   Link #4836
Alchemist007
*Author

I figure they should just leave them all at "mecha." TBH; I doubt a show would have some bs sad ass ending unless it was explicitly obvious beforehand. And the beforehand here is all this comedic school lifeish stuff. And Sousuke's been the (generally) hero of the day as far as the anime had gone. It's just been a really long hard fought battle for the same thing to happen on a much larger scale in the so far novel-exclusive half of the story.
Old 2009-11-30, 19:59   Link #4837
Anitsuga

Send a message via MSN to Anitsuga
Quote:
Uh guys, some new stuff.
Apperantly Denkki Hobby of this month revealed some stuff about the new book......which is half finished. Damn you Gatoh.

First......a big pic. And it's an official one.
---------------
Looks like it's Big Boss doing the stuff.
Oh~! You made my day, HunterSeeker~! Thank you so much!
It's good to come back after a looong time and to find such news

"half finished".... I guess we'll have to wait another year.... (It's good to know Gatoh is still alive~ ^^ GREAT!!! XD)
Anitsuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-30, 21:35   Link #4838
Alchemist007
*Author

They should tell us that it's about 3x the length of any previous novel; that'd make it worth hearing "1/2 done."
Old 2009-12-01, 00:01   Link #4839
selilychidori
Selily Chidori

Quote:
At least you won't see something in FMP will do "ROCKET PUNCH!", or sorts. Just saying some systems (LDS in this case) aren't realistic so that a show isn't classed as RR......to me it's just bull. I'll say Votoms and Marcross are the real RR shows, but then FMP will be closer to that end than Gundam.

Hell, Animes are UNREALISTIC in any senses. The only realistic animes I watched so far are 5cm per second and Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, and both are good stuff.

Edit 1:
And if you insisted......These are just for fun anyway.
Spoiler for putting the list into FMP:

I guess I should now return to work. Damn homeworks......

Edit 2: It's how you perceive the story. I bought Dekgeki Hobby Dec2009 just for those FMP stuff, and just like the editor wrote, "......If you didn't watch all those happy, and funny schoollife stories in Jindai High School from those short, it'll be hard to understand the massive downhill in COMO, as well as Sousuke's feeling of regrets due to the destruction of quite and normal life. Short stories aren't just there for satisfying readers' imagination of their lives, but it's a hidden plan in order to switch the stage in the second half." Well, the best will be a good ending, but its defination varies among each person......and I don't really care about that.
*claps and claps*

you know whats the funny part? I bought a used FMP Film Book on ebay and apparently use to be in a Library.
It still has a tag on it for shelf-categories.
Guess what it says?

Non-Fiction. I swere it!

ROFL...XD LOL
Old 2009-12-01, 08:39   Link #4840
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

Lol I never thought that image will launch a page long discussion
Quote:
68. Uh, WTF?
Spoiler for Victory gundam:

Quote:
Their a REASONABLE size. 13 meters.
A little correction. If you'll not include the Behemoth, ArmSlaves ar no taller than 10m (the Codarl is 9.5m, the Belial might be taller due to that antennae)

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen